Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Adding my experience to the list:

December build, 13k miles.Shuddering twice in one week. Happened almost in the exact same spot - cold engine going up a slight incline -15-20 mph, electric to ICE conversion then boom (sounds like hitting rumble strips).

My dealers have been clueless with the under shield recall. No way Iā€™m dropping it off for a week to tell me they canā€™t replicate the issue.

Ford, whatā€™s up?
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck did this today while driving through my residential neighborhood. I had just left a stop sign, turned right, and was gently accelerating. As others have described, it felt and sounded like rumble strips. I pressed a little harder on the gas, and it went away. I feel like it most likely occurred when the truck was switching to the gas engine, but Iā€™m not totally certain. 4800 miles on the odometer. Delivered December of 2021. First time that Iā€™ve felt it, and itā€™s obvious enough that I would noticed it for sure unless I was driving on a gravel road with washboard.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck did this today while driving through my residential neighborhood. I had just left a stop sign, turned right, and was gently accelerating. As others have described, it felt and sounded like rumble strips. I pressed a little harder on the gas, and it went away. I feel like it most likely occurred when the truck was switching to the gas engine, but Iā€™m not totally certain. 4800 miles on the odometer. Delivered December of 2021. First time that Iā€™ve felt it, and itā€™s obvious enough that I would noticed it for sure unless I was driving on a gravel road with washboard.
About 1k on my hybrid when it did the same. Then nothing until I recently turned 5k. Exactly the same sensations . . . turned left and gently accelerated. Didn't think about accelerating out of it. I'll try that next time. Gosh, I hope there isn't a "next time".

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hey there! I can look into your Maverickā€™s shudder concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! I can look into your Maverickā€™s shudder concerns on my end if youā€™d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?
The same as these people happened to me. The worst shudder was after/ during a turn as well. My 2023 hybrid has about 300km on it- you guys have a fairly widespread problem to address.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just right now go to put the car in drive and it started to red line and shudder and surge forward, after that was surging and jolting, super weird will upload dash cam video of the event.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Something is very not right with mine.
But it gets me to work every day.
So while it's under warranty I keep shuddering to work EVERY DAY.

No recall, so I'm gonna drive it.
But fully expect a recall.
The problem is a fairly bad one.

I will start taking it to a dealer every week, if necessary once I get close to the end of the warranty period.

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Something is very not right with mine.
But it gets me to work every day.
So while it's under warranty I keep shuddering to work EVERY DAY.

No recall, so I'm gonna drive it.
But fully expect a recall.
The problem is a fairly bad one.

I will start taking it to a dealer every week, if necessary once I get close to the end of the warranty period.
Has the service dept. blown you off on getting it sorted out?

Sponsored

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Has the service dept. blown you off on getting it sorted out?
I went to one small/ish dealer who didn't road test it. Basically said "no codes mean no problem".

• Wow
Reactions: Dad

Krrr

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is awful. Did anybody going thru the "Shutters" have any other problems like Braking Issues, Rattles, Deep Sleep, or others?

skinnyboy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Frustrating when there's an obvious issue.

Weighs against buying an extended warranty in my mind. If the dealer won't address it under the standard warranty I can't imagine it being any different under the extended.

I wonder what this dealer's response would be if you went in out of the warranty period and were paying cash to have it diagnosed and repaired.

Cheers.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I USED to have the shudder occasionally switching between the Engine and Electric Motor. Particularly when the engine isn't warmed up.. But it seems once I'd had racked up more miles on my truck it disappeared. Maybe something settled in and resolved itself? I'm at 16k miles and my truck is 1.1 Years of age.

Same with this other member
Ford Maverick Shuddering Hybrid Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 7.31.19 PM
Sponsored