jsouth33

jsouth33

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT
I just removed the tonneau cover i wanted to do it last month but my salesman assured me it wasn’t holding up my build. I waited a month and nothing so now it’s time to remove. Only reason i added it was to roll into loan.
Ask them to build it into the sales price and cut you a check to buy it online OR they cant order through parts and apply it to the loan as well.
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since I got this email from Ford Motor Company last week constraints are irrelevant;

"Your 2022 Maverick Hybrid pickup will be delivered next year, and rest assured that we'll continue to keep you updated."😕
Same. If I don't get a build date by March I will remove the spray in liner...

MrJO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, I ordered my Hybrid just last week so I guess maybe not even in March?!

nickmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't it be fun if you finally get your '22 truck only weeks before they start rolling out 23's with all kinds of upgrades? Not that I'd expect that to happen... But if 23 gets a bunch of upgrades to to infotainment I'll be quite unhappy.
If i get 22 late id probably just order a 23 day 1 and wait however long it takes for that to come in. Given the market im sure i can recapture most of the value of the 22.

Sponsored

jima7777

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Pathfinder
This stuff is really depressing. If I don't receive a VIN # by mid March of 2022, I'm cancelling my order of a Maverick Hybrid, Lariat, lux package.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This stuff is really depressing. If I don't receive a VIN # by mid March of 2022, I'm cancelling my order of a Maverick Hybrid, Lariat, lux package.
When did you place your order?

HS DAN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux - received 10/28/2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just took my bed cover off. Might as well remove it if you know it may slow you down.
I dropped off my Tonneau Cover last night also. There are many aftermarket versions available, better in price and hopefully just as good or better quality.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Anything that you can buy and install yourself or by the dealer remove from ORDER IT COULD DELAY THE ORDER. matts, covers, flaps, bed extender, etc all of these can be ordered at parts departments when you get your build date. If you dont its OK I'll get my truck built quicker!

Sponsored

jhud042002

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hyb XLT, lux (drop in) oxford white
The hybrid numbers are pretty good. 40% of total maverick production is allowed to be a hybrid. Lariat and XLT Lux package production numbers could be better.

Numbers are looking better and better for base and base hybrid owners.

Example, if the ford plant can do 15k mavericks in a month, then UP to 6,000 of those trucks can be hybrids. But only a total of (18%) 2,700 vehicles can be built in 1 month with XLT lux packages and 2,400 total vehicles (any engine) may have the Lariat lux package.
This is a wild ride. So let's say 6k hybrids a month x 6 months= 36,000 hybrids before we head into MY 23 and there has to be way more orders for the hybrid (think of fleet orders as well). If Ford keeps the 40% hybrid production rate going into 2022, there's no chance all us will get a MY22-absolutely no chance. I imagine in late January/February, Ford will start contacting to tell us this...

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I am keeping everything on mine. I would rather have a later 2022 so maybe some of the bugs/quality control can get worked out. But how people are dropping these things it makes me get further ahead in line..

Pizzacat_69420

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Supercab (StupidCab_TM) 2.7T
This is a wild ride. So let's say 6k hybrids a month x 6 months= 36,000 hybrids before we head into MY 23 and there has to be way more orders for the hybrid (think of fleet orders as well). If Ford keeps the 40% hybrid production rate going into 2022, there's no chance all us will get a MY22-absolutely no chance. I imagine in late January/February, Ford will start contacting to tell us this...
If the amount of orders Ford intended to sell have been depleted, then they'd cut off the option to order. They're showing they are close on hybrid total numbers by showing "limited quantities". Same goes for the 4k towing package supposedly coming close to the limit on orders as well.

If ford planned to sell 40k hybrids, then they will only accept 40k build orders total. Extra parts just don't magically appear these are orders planned years in advance if it's a Maverick specific part. The hybrid is interesting, but I wonder if people's personal feelings about hybrids are coloring their perception of the demand.

Years ago, the first time the subaru WRX came to America, I so badly wanted a turbo AWD car. Now I'm able to have a turbo AWD truck...with more power. 20 years later.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't expect Ford to do any upgrades the Maverick, unless it's safety related, until 2025/2026 timeframe. Sure there's a lot of things the we (MTC) think Ford should've done or could do, but I think Ford will want to wait to get a better feel exactly how popular Maverick really is, plus you have to also consider what the competition will come out with in the future. Personally, I don't consider the Santa Crud as serious competition. So I'm guess that for the next 3-5 years Mavericks won't change much, I do think the interior colors will change and maybe some small features, like adding cruise control to XL or push start to XLT.
Totally agree. Unless something really screwed up becomes apparent, they aren't changing much if anything. Why would they? It seems like it's basically fine. Change costs money and this is a budget vehicle - margins are smaller and they are apparently still working on getting their supply chain straightened out. Keeping things the same on a hot product = profit. See the nissan frontier as an example - 20 years basically the same platform and even the latest refresh still kept a lot the same.

And to be honest, they are a business trying to make money. Changes introduced will be designed to make them more money, not to cater to the whims of a few enthusiasts.

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered my Hybrid XLT with two options...XLT Luxury Pkg & Ford 360. In "layman's terms", how does this affect me? Thanks for your help!
Sponsored