FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So if they use up all the 3% items and have only used up 30% of the 40% Hybrid catagory they can build the 10% remaining for those who were sharp enough to cancel ALL the 3%?
'zactly!
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If Ford comes out with their 2023 details prior to lots of deliverys for 2022, I think many people will be looking at what the new offerings/prices are especially if they can wait.
I'm looking forward to being able to watch the production line next year with bronco, 22 maverick, 23 maverick, bronco, bronco, 22 maverick, etc,etc....going down the line.

TalkToMeGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
So at what point will Ford start cancelling orders? It just doesn’t seem like they’re going to be able to produce anywhere near the number of models that have been ordered

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So at what point will Ford start cancelling orders? It just doesn’t seem like they’re going to be able to produce anywhere near the number of models that have been ordered
They won't cancel as they are perfecting their build to order during supply shortages program. They may just be building who knows what after each other.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's why they've said they expect to stop taking orders sometime in November. They're planning how they'll ramp and when they need to change over to MY23. So far, they expect to build all orders by fall of next year, still in MY22.

Sponsored

TalkToMeGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
That's why they've said they expect to stop taking orders sometime in November. They're planning how they'll ramp and when they need to change over to MY23. So far, they expect to build all orders by fall of next year, still in MY22.
I guess that’s where I don’t really understand the point of following through with my order. I placed it last week, but if it won’t be ready until next fall, I’m better off bailing on it and placing a 2023 order in summer because I’d also get that next fall.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess that’s where I don’t really understand the point of following through with my order. I placed it last week, but if it won’t be ready until next fall, I’m better off bailing on it and placing a 2023 order in summer because I’d also get that next fall.
I would think that since your order is placed that if it comes to a point where Ford can't build it before MY2022 ends that Ford would tell you that they can't make it and offer you MY2023, hopefully at the same price. That being said I'm really expecting that production will start accelerating provided supply issues get worked out.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While you might get a 2023 in the fall, it will be after the last 2022 is built. Maybe only a couple of weeks, but it will be after.

If your thought is that you'd prefer to have a later model vehicle, that may be a sound approach. But why do you want a 2023? Different, "better" features? More options? Packages will certainly be different but you can't know that they'll suit you better than MY22 choices.

Then there's price. Given demand, there's some conjecture on this forum that prices may go up significantly for MY23; that Ford "underbid" in their launch.

You have to consider all those factors.

But if you want a Mav as soon as possible, ordering a MY22 ASAP is still your best option.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would think that since your order is placed that if it comes to a point where Ford can't build it before MY2022 ends that Ford would tell that they can't make and offer you MY2023, hopefully at the same price. That being said I'm really expecting that production will start accelerating provided supply issues get worked out.
Wouldn't it be fun if you finally get your '22 truck only weeks before they start rolling out 23's with all kinds of upgrades? Not that I'd expect that to happen... But if 23 gets a bunch of upgrades to to infotainment I'll be quite unhappy.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't dispute what Tim's saying; if you have a tightly constrained option, it will certainly increase the odds your build will be much delayed.

But those of you inclined to multiply the percentages of all your options are oversimplifying the problem.

What's needed to calculate your odds, and info that we don't have access to, is what percentage of orders specify each option.

For example if Ford is constrained to 3% of builds with hard folding tonneau's, but only 3% of orders include them, there's no negative impact to your odds if your order includes one.

So the math is a lot more complicated and requires data that we just don't have. You can't calculate your odds.

But you can certainly delete any options that are easily installed yourself or by the dealer and that will absolutely improve your chances; you just won't know by how much.
Wohoo!!! I got thumbed-up by fordvideoguy!🎇🎇🎆🎆🧨🎆🧨🎇🎆🎆🎆

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Wouldn't be possible Ford could start offering some incentives as we get closer to the 23 model year? I'm not holding my breath but I suppose it is possible.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't it be fun if you finally get your '22 truck only weeks before they start rolling out 23's with all kinds of upgrades? Not that I'd expect that to happen... But if 23 gets a bunch of upgrades to to infotainment I'll be quite unhappy.
I don't expect Ford to do any upgrades the Maverick, unless it's safety related, until 2025/2026 timeframe. Sure there's a lot of things the we (MTC) think Ford should've done or could do, but I think Ford will want to wait to get a better feel exactly how popular Maverick really is, plus you have to also consider what the competition will come out with in the future. Personally, I don't consider the Santa Crud as serious competition. So I'm guess that for the next 3-5 years Mavericks won't change much, I do think the interior colors will change and maybe some small features, like adding cruise control to XL or push start to XLT.

Stevospeedo

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD FX4 4K Towing 245/65R17 Falken WP A/T3W
Still have the Honda. New Ridgelines are also hard to get, but not like the Mav. I probably should stay with Honda since no Ford person I’ve spoken with seems interested in winning one over to their side. Believe me, if Honda had a hybrid, I wouldn’t even be here.
I agree you should stay with Honda. You decided to come to a FORD Maverick forum and whine about not getting your vehicle as soon as you wanted. You clearly have no understanding of supply chains or basic economics. You seem to want someone from Ford to hold your hand through the whole process. In case you haven't heard this is a brand new vehicle with huge demand and they are already sold out for the year with unmet demand. They don't care about you, nor does any other company.
Sponsored