Sponsored

Hitch receiver added as an accessory; what am I getting?

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A bit of help needed.
1. I ordered a hitch receiver as an accessory on my Mav for $100. I did not order the trailer towing package. If I remember correctly (7 months ago now) it was the receiver only. No wiring.
2. I now have a VIN and when I go to the "Ford Vehicle Order Tracking Status" to make sure all is correct they say I am getting the hitch with a 4 pin connector, which I did not think I was getting.
3. I clicked the "Ford Accessories" link on that same page and they say the hitch receiver WITH NO WIRING that I thought I was getting is $336 uninstalled and you can get a funky basic like from a parts store wiring kit is $125.
4. I find NO hitch receiver with a 4 pin connector for the Maverick as an after the fact accessory.
5. I went to the "build your Maverick" part of the Ford Website and pretended I was ordering what I did order and it shows both a trailer tow package for 745 and a hitch receiver with a 4 pin connector for 100.
6. SOOOO ... any of you who have your Mav, did you order a receiver but not a trailer package and if so what did you get and how much were you charged when you picked your Mav up???
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a hybrid with hitch and 4 pin. I did not choose the 4 pin. It was included.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You get the hitch and 4-pin. That's why it's so much a better deal getting it installed at the factory as you get the full package including the wiring which otherwise there isn't any official install harness for.

Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

4 pin connection is on bumper and included with hitch order. No wires hanging out the back. ( I had to get an extension for my trailers because my other vehicles had the harness that would reach to the trailer. My trailer harness won't reach to the bumper plug.)The no wiring you're seeing is the harness to connect the plug to the main harness after you add the hitch bumper yourself. None for maverick yet but someone found out the bronco sport one works, I believe, if you need to add after the fact.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
and only $100?
Yep! Really think it should’ve been a standard item. Even if you don’t tow anything, having a receiver to mount carriers to is invaluable in a truck this size.

OP
OP
Dudley

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks everyone! Took a HUGE load off my mind!!!

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep! Really think it should’ve been a standard item. Even if you don’t tow anything, having a receiver to mount carriers to is invaluable in a truck this size.
It's mind boggling that it is NOT A STANDARD ON EVERY PACKAGE? If you never in your widest dream can imagine wanting to use it buy it for $100 for future resale value. You may not get your money back but there will be many more lookers and will probably sell for at least $300-$600 more, no way to tell for sure, of course. I personally would prefer the 7 pin over the 4 pin solely for the extra charging wire (without the rest of the tow package). I would like to see at least a stand-alone 20-30amp fuzed wire near the tailgate.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW I recently custom ordered a utility trailer with electric brakes on the single axle. When discussing details of the build I asked if it would come with a 4 pin flat connector or 7 pin round, he said if you have electric brakes you get the 7 pin. Makes total sense.

So I'm pretty sure Ford wants you to have only the 4 pin to limit your towing ability consistent with 2k limit on non AWD, 4k tow equipped Mavericks.

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's mind boggling that it is NOT A STANDARD ON EVERY PACKAGE? If you never in your widest dream can imagine wanting to use it buy it for $100 for future resale value. You may not get your money back but there will be many more lookers and will probably sell for at least $300-$600 more, no way to tell for sure, of course. I personally would prefer the 7 pin over the 4 pin solely for the extra charging wire (without the rest of the tow package). I would like to see at least a stand-alone 20-30amp fuzed wire near the tailgate.
Because the Maverick was designed and built to meet the original ~$20k base price point, and shavings make a pile.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because the Maverick was designed and built to meet the original ~$20k base price point, and shavings make a pile.

So if the primary purpose is entry price why is heater without cooling not on entry level or even make heat an add on. Then they could price xl at $1699 and offer xl lux add on or maybe heat, cooling, hitch, cruise, active X seats, etc as separate add-ons! In any case everyone has their own idea of what a minimum configuration is and what's missing including the max optioned lariat. Maybe they could produce 80% in 10 take it or leave it configurations and make special runs on one day a week for the balance 20%.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So if the primary purpose is entry price why is heater without cooling not on entry level or even make heat an add on. Then they could price xl at $1699 and offer xl lux add on or maybe heat, cooling, hitch, cruise, active X seats, etc as separate add-ons! In any case everyone has their own idea of what a minimum configuration is and what's missing including the max optioned lariat. Maybe they could produce 80% in 10 take it or leave it configurations and make special runs on one day a week for the balance 20%.
Um...... because it's not 1970 anymore and no automobile manufacturer in their right mind would do that. At least not in the NA market. It's bad enough the XL didn't come with CC and PM's standard. Hell even our base model 2009 Pontiac Vibe had those two options as standard equipment.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a car currently manufactured for general population use that does not have AC? I think it's safe to say that if only AC or a hitch receiver could be included equipment on a base model, the overwhelming majority of people would prefer AC...FWIW, I'm also a weirdo who virtually never uses AC and would prefer the hitch receiver.
Sponsored