Front hitch receiver?

Graph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Has anyone attempted putting a hitch receiver on the front of a Maverick? I'm wondering if it possible on the hybrid. They are handy for carrying bikes, tire, ect.... Also pushing a trailer into a parking spot is easier.
Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I looked under my Lariat Hybrid, I did not see any place to secure a Craven license plate holder (non-factory).

I believe a front receiver would have to be installed by an RV shop or equivalent as there is nothing aftermarket that will fit.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone attempted putting a hitch receiver on the front of a Maverick? I'm wondering if it possible on the hybrid. They are handy for carrying bikes, tire, ect.... Also pushing a trailer into a parking spot is easier.
Valid question. Try checking with etrailer.com or Roadmaster people. There might be others out there (Blue Ox). They would probably have some idea. I know for certain Roadmaster folks have a base plate for the Mav. I know that isn't your question, but they would have an idea if a front hitch is possible.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To my knowledge(limited) it would be easiest on a FX4 since it has additional bracing plates up front for the tow hooks. That could be your foundation. Other than that, It would be a fairly major change with plenty of fab and cutting to be worth more than 200lbs.

Reactions: Guv
OP
OP
Graph

Graph

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I did find a YouTube video that showed a comparison of an FX4 Mav compared with a non-FX4. There are definitely extra structural components in the FX4. I don't think I will pursue the front mount. I don't want to modify a new vehicle and cause warranty problems or any problems for that matter. Thanks for all the great thoughts.
Sponsored