First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait till you accidently spin it into reverse while driving 40mph trying to quickly mop up a bunch of rainwater that drops through the open sunroof and wets the console/gear selector like I did šŸ’¦
I can imagine. I did mention my concern for that happening in my first post in another thread when it first happened to me.
I too have the sunroof and have started putting the rain-x on it to help get the water off after I get rolling.
Sponsored

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
5 years from now you will just say, put it drive, or park or reverse and it will be done for you. Look at what Alexa has done for internet access.
They would be nice. Unless you have kids that want to fuck with you and keep blurting shit out. Lol

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They would be nice. Unless you have kids that want to fuck with you and keep blurting shit out. Lol
It will only respond to driver's voice. You will train it like some of the speech to text programs out today. It will also spit out a piece of duct tape from the dash when anyone else says a similar command.

Texchappy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 MINI Cooper S cabrio, 2014 Lincoln Navigator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question to see if Iā€™m thinking right. Since the truck will change it sometimes on itā€™s own, eg put it in park when you turn of the truck in Drive, isnā€™t the free spinning a better option? Otherwise wouldnā€™t it need to physically turn the dial to accomplish the same task?

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Never got used to it. Sold. Still have a Bronco Sport which does stop at each end. Still canā€™t get use to it. Itā€™s not like it saved space as it still takes up square inches on the console. I think itā€™s just cheaper to produce than a stick.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I donā€™t mind it. I like it less than I like a traditional shifter, but I like it more than I like some of Hondaā€™s push button ā€œhunt and peckā€ (as Alex on Autos calls them) shifters.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That move is expertly executed by popping the trans in neutral with right hand at the same time applying brake pressure and taking foot off clutch and down on the high beam switch.
Much more efficient than a quick flick of a finger.

Mavonorder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can imagine. I did mention my concern for that happening in my first post in another thread when it first happened to me.
I too have the sunroof and have started putting the rain-x on it to help get the water off after I get rolling.
The first time it happened was from dew that formed on the roof/sunroof early in the morning. First a couple drops, then quite a few drops 20 second later, then a whole bunch of drops 20 seconds later. I felt like Price Podercherry when his chocolate palace meltedšŸ˜†

Sponsored

Charles kessler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want to air my grievance. I am mildly annoyed that I can spin my gear dial clockwise past the "D" position...

...that is all. Good day.
[/QUOTE
I want to air my grievance. I am mildly annoyed that I can spin my gear dial clockwise past the "D" position...

Yes but once u get used to it . Just count 1 2 3 or spin it to the end you I'm drive!.

MrCigar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT EB FX4 Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mike, I canā€™t get used to these microwaves, Iā€™m used to a campfire!

Well Bill, Iā€™m having a hard time with those darn carbine rifles, my trusty musket never failed me.

I have been an advocate for not being negative on here so know that was for laughs but in all seriousness, one week of owning the Mav, the dial I find more than enjoyable/functional and itā€™s out of the way, a feature I didnā€™t realize I wanted until I have it!!!

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait until you accidentally bump it while reaching for something on the console and unknowingly put in neutral like I did.šŸ˜²
LOL my Chrysler 200 has a 4 rotary cluster, paying attention to traffic I thought I turned the fan speed down but accidentally turned switched into reverse, luckily for me they thought ahead and it did not workšŸ˜„

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I actually like this. I usually just flick the dial all the way left or right.
Sponsored