First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My biggest challenge is the electronic parking brake. I just can't seem to figure out how to turn it off and learned to drive when this was an emergency brake with an actual mechanical link to your brakes for when you lost hydrolics or parking on a hill (manual transmission).
Sponsored

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait until you accidentally bump it while reaching for something on the console and unknowingly put in neutral like I did.😲
The handy part of is, if you shut the vehicle off without putting it in Park, it'll put in Park for you. Found that ot by accident too 😆.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait until you accidentally bump it while reaching for something on the console and unknowingly put in neutral like I did.😲
Just wait until your dog steps on the buttons next to the shifter dial, changes your drive mode, puts it in hill descent mode and shuts off whatever else is on there. :eek:

oh and she turned on the parking brake too.

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just wait until your dog steps on the buttons next to the shifter dial, changes your drive mode, puts it in hill descent mode and shuts off whatever else is on there. :eek:

oh and she turned on the parking brake too.
Now that is something to be concerned about!

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will get use to it. Never had one before and I love it. Just way more room
I've had mine for over six months now. Still not used to it and still don't like it. But it is what it is....sigh

Sponsored

whitef

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lost count...about 12.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I find the dial annoying, but still own the car. It must not be that bad.

There should be a 1-2-3-4-5-6 option with three pedals. THAT would be a big improvement.

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OneAlienBoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would prefer if the dial only had 4 stops for P-R-N-D. No spinning the dial like the wheel on The Price is Right.
I just go slow,it isn't an issue unless you don't have 5 seconds to select a gear. Doesn't take any longer that using a normal gear selector imo.

Finch

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Yeah I just got my order from 10/18/2021 after a year wait and I’m not a fan of the dial shifter either… very strange and loose. I prefer something where you know it’s “in gear”. Maybe I’ll get used to it but on my old car the entertainment dial was down there. I KNOW I’m gonna shift into park thinking I’m changing the audio!

Sponsored

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ek, I kind of like it. It's different. No better or no worse than other ways to select gears.

MightyMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've never had a rotary dial before this but I have driven vehicles equipped with them as a service porter at my old job (i.e., Chrysler 300, Ram 1500, and Ford Fusion) So I've had just enough experience to already get used to one despite not having one myself. Just like many others, I love it. There's no learning curve, it just feels natural. At the very beginning, I did have to look down a couple of times to see what gear I'm shifting but after switching back and forth on a daily basis, I quickly got used to it. There have been a couple of times where I wanted to shift to reverse from drive but went clockwise instead of counter-clockwise. When I realized the vehicle wasn't moving, that's when I had to cave in and look down. But it was not enough to be habitual. I also like the built-in safety feature where if you exit the vehicle while in drive, it automatically puts it in park so the car doesn't ghost-roll on you. Very good engineering. Not that I do that on a regular basis but if done accidentally, it's great to have. Also, the clutter-free center console is a nice touch, especially when accessing a phone in the wireless charging pad. (y)

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a gear indicator in the dash requiring one to look down only half as far...
Sponsored