Sponsored

Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Forget the windshield ticking sound, I’ve got a rattle on the passenger side dash that drives me up the wall!!!
Hey there, Gus! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into this dash rattle concern for you? To send a direct message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation". I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also had the windshield "ticking" sound coming from the lower right corner. I had the windshield removed and resealed. That fixed it for a little while, unfortunately it shifted the noise to the lower left side of the windshield:cautious:
I'm a bit late to this party, but one of the items this reviewer addresses is a rattle in the dash / windshield area. He supplies a very simple fix.

Worth checking out. 7:25 mark

cjames138

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm a bit late to this party, but one of the items this reviewer addresses is a rattle in the dash / windshield area. He supplies a very simple fix.

Thanks for the time code, I'll check that out.

Reactions: Dad

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had this rattle. I also just had my windshield replaced by Safelite. I intentionally did NOT get the OEM windshield. I got an OEE one instead. It is acoustic and solar coated which is a nice upgrade from the stock XLT. It also does not come with the alignment pins. I think that is why some have the rattle return with an OEM replacement, but less so with the OEE. Here is the windshield part number.
Ford Maverick Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance) PXL_20230908_190644401

I drive it for a week and report back if the rattle has returned.

Update: It's been over a week and the rattle is gone. Other more minor and lower pitch rattles have emerged though.

Last edited:

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Worked for me! Finally…

Sponsored

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine is a dull thumping sound/right front corner... Sometimes a louder sound across the dash...Have Crv hybrid with 45k on it not a rattle ever... Then again it doe not have the Plastic Ono Band interior...

clintonriddle

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick AWD Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You sir have a nasty rattle!!
3) transmission/engine mount lower needs an adjustment/tightening or replacement.
I have narrowed down my sound to the rear engine/transmission mount. Is there a way to tighten it? or do you think I need a new one? I sprayed white lithium grease and the sound stopped but only for a week. I fear the white lithium might eat at the rubber. What is my best option?

Justin says...

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had this rattle. I also just had my windshield replaced by Safelite. I intentionally did NOT get the OEM windshield. I got an OEE one instead. It is acoustic and solar coated which is a nice upgrade from the stock XLT. It also does not come with the alignment pins. I think that is why some have the rattle return with an OEM replacement, but less so with the OEE. Here is the windshield part number.
PXL_20230908_190644401.jpg

I drive it for a week and report back if the rattle has returned.

Update: It's been over a week and the rattle is gone. Other more minor and lower pitch rattles have emerged though.
Did the acoustic glass make a difference in terms of interior noise? I was thinking about trying to get either the Lariat's acoustic glass or the Safelite version. How much extra was it?

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Did the acoustic glass make a difference in terms of interior noise? I was thinking about trying to get either the Lariat's acoustic glass or the Safelite version. How much extra was it?
It dropped the average dB from 73.1 to 72.6.

I don't think there was any extra charge. It was still my glass deductible.

Sponsored

subiefiles

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY23 Mav Lariat (+lots of Subarus)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '23 Lariat AWD has a very annoy rattle around the gauge cluster housing. Besides that though, its very quiet.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My '23 Lariat AWD has a very annoy rattle around the gauge cluster housing. Besides that though, its very quiet.
My 22 Lariat has same rattle, sounds like an electrical connector bumping against plastic housing. Doesn’t do it all time. It also has a metallic squeak around back seat.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the rattle in the left dash speaker grille/A pillar cover after the side curtain airbag recall. The mechanic didn’t fully insert the A pillar cover into the speaker cover.

The A pillar cover couldn’t be pushed into the speaker grille cover so I had to take both pieces out and put them together then install them as one piece.

dlhort1955

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Update: My Maverick was at my dealership's (Capitol Ford - San Jose) service dept the past 2 day and got it back today. Thanks to an awesome Service Advisor (Mike Nolan) who really cared about my concerns with the truck and did an excellent job communicating while my Mav was being worked on. It turned out to be a great experience - the service guys spent a bunch of time finding and fixing my dash rattle, Replaced a seat belt buckle to get rid of the 'rear belt monitor fault' dash warning, looked at my transmission shifting issues and I believe did a software update, made several other software updates, and got my rear airbag(s) ordered for the recall. I drove my Mav around after getting it back this afternoon - it drives and shifts perfect and no more dash rattle (y).

Kudos to Capitol Ford Service and to Mike Nolan for such a great experience and fixing my truck issues ...the first time ...its really appreciated! :)
But what was the cause of the rattle? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Sponsored