Sponsored

Rattle in the dash (a minor yet major annoyance)

spuds_mackenzie

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hot pepper red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At about the 250 mile mark my Maverick developed a rattle in the dash plastic. It starts at above 35mph and is constant. I can't for the life of me pin point the exact area in the dash its coming from. Pushing on different areas of the dash does nothing to stop it. Anyone else have this problem? Is this something the warranty would cover? I pretty much just have to keep the radio volume turned up all the time so I can't hear it.
Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Warranty would cover it if they can locate it. They are probably going to have equal trouble.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At about the 250 mile mark my Maverick developed a rattle in the dash plastic. It starts at above 35mph and is constant. I can't for the life of me pin point the exact area in the dash its coming from. Pushing on different areas of the dash does nothing to stop it. Anyone else have this problem? Is this something the warranty would cover? I pretty much just have to keep the radio volume turned up all the time so I can't hear it.
I'm not saying this is what is rattling in your Maverick, but. . . I have a 2015 Edge and it had an annoying dash rattle only while driving on gravel. After hunting it down while my wife drove the car, I located it at the corner where the top surface of the dashboard meets the 'A' pillar on the passenger side. I wedged a piece of foam into the gap and it stopped.
Maybe have someone else drive your Maverick while you go on a rattle hunt and destroy mission.

Buzz_Bronski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Same here, annoying as all hell. Almost sounded like it was the glass.. And then noticed the windshield is cracked. Got it looked at on Saturday, waiting to hear back from the dealer.

hopkin22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Were you able to get this fixed? I have a new maverick and noticed it coming home. I have the sound of plastic hitting the windshield on the passenger side. Took it in and the service department can’t figure it out.

Sponsored

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have had 3 brand new cars since 2009. All of them rattled somewhere. 1 Scion, 1 Ford, 1 Toyota.

That being said. Take it in to see if the can pinpoint it or even find a more specific area and attempt to fix it.

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same issue and is pretty annoying. Trying to ignore it but it is too loud to ignore. Any updates? Did you localize where is it coming from?

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Were you able to get this fixed? I have a new maverick and noticed it coming home. I have the sound of plastic hitting the windshield on the passenger side. Took it in and the service department can’t figure it out.
I have the same issue but on the driver's side.

elisullivan93

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I have it as well. I plan to go through mine and document a bit so we can all benefit from the findings. As much as I’d like to have Ford do it, it won’t be any easier for them. In fact, I figure it would probably be more challenging seeing as the Ford techs don’t ride around in ours all day like we do.

Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
NVH issues are the worst to isolate. Hated them as a tech way way back.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi Guys! Just bought mine 12/21/21 Cactus Grey! Today just hit the 225 mile mark!! Driving around between my work locations, I was on a few washboard/lumpy roads, nothing bad at all… same issues it’s like a-pillar/dashboard meeting area(s)?? I tapped around a bit, it was very unsettling to me, I rolled down the passenger window while driving, then back up slightly closed, it seemed to calm down, it was 25 degrees out, but very sunny and windy… I brushed it off as maybe temps and newness and bumpy road? But this could be an issue!

Eaglevirtue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Just picked up my XL and have about 180 on it and having same issue, mine almost sounds like its bouncing left to right and cant pin point it, definitely front dash though, driving me crazy if I turn radio off. Glad to see I'm not the only one, anyone have any updates.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just picked up my XL and have about 180 on it and having same issue, mine almost sounds like its bouncing left to right and cant pin point it, definitely front dash though, driving me crazy if I turn radio off. Glad to see I'm not the only one, anyone have any updates.
1st)Happy New Year!
2nd)Congrats on your new Maverick! :) Its an awesome truck!
3rd).... I am now at 392 miles on the clock, just filled up the tank, and wiped it down inside--light dust.. I think it has stopped doing this...?? It may be newness and the extreme tightness and plastic/rubber touchpoints? I have had to use heater a tad more lately and the weather has been a lot colder, plus I do have my radio going at a decent level, with passengers now and again... I haven't noticed it anymore...with that said--

I was alone, driving on a lumpy/jounce type road, it was super sunny, warm glass/interior plastics, and truck hadn't been driven but locally and very gingerly until that day it happened. I will drive it around tomorrow and keep it quiet inside and see what i find... **keep us posted if you continue to have this or get a resolve**

Thanks again,
Gabe

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
****ALSO Your description is spot on!!! the bouncing left to right!! its the most peculiar sound... like rubbing hard new warm plastic...but it also has a reverbing sound...?? If i get it to do it again, I will try to record it with audio/video... If it isn't dangerous or damaging... I may have to live with it... not a fan of letting someone take apart a new truck dash.... wind up with more noise than began with
Sponsored