First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I have an update . Got the call from my dealer yesterday they are installing a new tank , so it almost ready to pickup> Thank God. Miracles will never cease: LOL!
Great news! Happy driving!

Deleted member 9167

Just got my notice in the mail today. I haven't noticed any odors or leaks, so I'll keep driving mine.

I may call my dealer just to get some Intel. Side question - should this notice show up in the Ford pass app?

rcheneyjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you get the letter and then took it in for the recall? I received the letter today and it states the vehicle is safe to drive as long as there is no smell or leaking of fuel. Otherwise wait to be contacted when parts are available.
same for me!

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been three months and counting for me. 93 days from today. Not cool Ford, really Not Cool.
I got a call from the dealership and they said the tank was in and would be ready Monday for a total of 34 for days. Something’s not right with you having to wait this long, it’s time to get in contact with someone at Ford to find out what is the problem.

Reactions: Dad

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Been three months and counting for me. 93 days from today. Not cool Ford, really Not Cool.
My truck was supposed to be delivered during the first week of November. Tank arrived at dealership early this week and I took possession of the truck this am. Finally, after 3 months. And I did not learn the reason until after Christmas.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck was supposed to be delivered during the first week of November. Tank arrived at dealership early this week and I took possession of the truck this am. Finally, after 3 months. And I did not learn the reason until after Christmas.
Inexcusable

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I may call my dealer just to get some Intel. Side question - should this notice show up in the Ford pass app?
I agree, I'd have thought this would be a push notification or something. It definitely seems like that would be an easy feature to integrate into the app if you have it, since your account is already linked to your VIN.

I'm going to call a dealer tomorrow and see what my options are. I was notified last week. Crazy to me that you guys found out a while ago? I've had mine since 11/19

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats L Martin - so glad to hear your vehicle is fixed and delivered. Both you and I have waited a long time for the same reason and glad to hear one of us can sleep better at night. I'm still in the waiting game, but hearing you are good, makes me have encouragement that my number will be called soon. Take care and drive safe my friend.

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Congrats L Martin - so glad to hear your vehicle is fixed and delivered. Both you and I have waited a long time for the same reason and glad to hear one of us can sleep better at night. I'm still in the waiting game, but hearing you are good, makes me have encouragement that my number will be called soon. Take care and drive safe my friend.
Exactly why this forum is so important.

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was your gas mileage? I’m only getting 20mpg avg for 50/50 hwy/city driving and I’m wondering if maybe I do have a hole in my tank even though I don’t smell gas. I fall under the recall but have not yet scheduled inspection.
Fuel tank recall completed this week. My tank failed inspection and thankfully Ford was able to overnight deliver the replacement tank and I was only out of service a total of 2.5 days.
I just picked up today and wasn’t able to speak with my service manager and ask if there was actually a puncture hole in tank or if it was just a marring of plastic. I will be monitoring my fuel mileage to see if I notice any improvement. I have been getting about 25mpg average lately which has improved from my earlier post where I was only seeing around 20mpg avg, and so I don’t expect I will see much change.

jeffrol48197

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Explorer, 2009 Focus, 2019 Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fuel tank recall completed this week. My tank failed inspection and thankfully Ford was able to overnight deliver the replacement tank and I was only out of service a total of 2.5 days.
I just picked up today and wasn’t able to speak with my service manager and ask if there was actually a puncture hole in tank or if it was just a marring of plastic. I will be monitoring my fuel mileage to see if I notice any improvement. I have been getting about 25mpg average lately which has improved from my earlier post where I was only seeing around 20mpg avg, and so I don’t expect I will see much change.
If there was even the smallest mark on the tank, it gets replaced - it doesn't have to be any real damage, just a mark....

Viking8251

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 1st edition, lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there was even the smallest mark on the tank, it gets replaced - it doesn't have to be any real damage, just a mark....
My tank adventure started Thursday-
What do you think is my wait time to get. Tank ? BTW my tank had drill marks- no penetration- had 11k on it - have 2017 for fusion loaner- ugh- hoping for the best

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tank adventure started Thursday-
What do you think is my wait time to get. Tank ? BTW my tank had drill marks- no penetration- had 11k on it - have 2017 for fusion loaner- ugh- hoping for the best
My tank recall completed 2 weeks ago. I failed inspection and new tank was overnight delivered the follow day. Hoping you have quick turnaround. Also note, my fuel tank gauge is now reading incorrect fuel amount in tank. I will be taking back to dealer to get resolved. Same issue also happened to another owner. Keep an eye on your gauge after replacement.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My tank recall completed 2 weeks ago. I failed inspection and new tank was overnight delivered the follow day. Hoping you have quick turnaround. Also note, my fuel tank gauge is now reading incorrect fuel amount in tank. I will be taking back to dealer to get resolved. Same issue also happened to another owner. Keep an eye on your gauge after replacement.
I’m going to need to have another conversation with my dealership. Mines been sitting for a week after failing and the new tank hasn’t even begun to ship my way.
Sponsored