Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4
Received recall notice on my 2022 2.0 fx4

Seems my gas tank could be leaking .

"Increased risk of fire.."
WTF!!!!

I've been getting whiffs of fuel smell ..

They are "working on a replacement" ...

Oh hell no.

Ford Maverick Maverick Fuel Tank Official Recall : 5,456 Units w/ Spray-In Bedliner Affected 20220201_173952
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received recall notice on my 2022 2.0 fx4

Seems my gas tank could be leaking .

"Increased risk of fire.."
WTF!!!!

I've been getting whiffs of fuel smell ..

They are "working on a replacement" ...

Oh hell no.

20220201_173952.jpg
Take it to your dealer and get a loaner to drive until they can get a new tank, or keep driving it and hope you don’t go up in flames.

Looks like those are your choices.

rcheneyjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received my letter, waiting until there are replacements (tank and bolts) before I go in, unless I smell gas (nothing after 1100 miles).

Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Replacement tank arrived early this week and I picked up my Lariat this am. Was initially supposed to be delivered the first week in November. So three months later… But I finally took possession. Obviously, replacement tanks are finally becoming available even if the quantity may be limited. I didn’t do anything special but my salesperson bugged the parts department every day, so I think the tank was ordered as soon as it was possible to do so.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Replacement tank arrived early this week and I picked up my Lariat this am. Was initially supposed to be delivered the first week in November. So three months later… But I finally took possession. Obviously, replacement tanks are finally becoming available even if the quantity may be limited. I didn’t do anything special but my salesperson bugged the parts department every day, so I think the tank was ordered as soon as it was possible to do so.
Congrats L Martin - Enjoy your new Lariat - Good things come to those who wait! You have waiting long enough - If I ever get my XLT, I'll probably sleep in it everynight. :)

Jlucey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Picked up our Cactus Grey Hybrid Maverick Lariat yesterday, truck runs great and is comfortable to drive. Thanks to Mullinax Ford in Apopka, Fl the process was easy and smooth for purchase. Austin our agent was terrific. If you are in Florida and looking to buy a new vehicle I suggest giving them your business. No pressure and up front 100%.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
How are those that are still waiting doing? Anyone else received their replacement tank? I am still in limbo with no ETA...

migeorge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
How are those that are still waiting doing? Anyone else received their replacement tank? I am still in limbo with no ETA...
I’m in the same boat, mine has been at the dealer since Dec 27th. Waited for the bolts to come in for the inspection, failed inspection. No news or ETA since.

Sponsored

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received notification from my dealer last Friday that they had received the replacement fuel tank and all associated parts to repair the Maverick for Recall 21C35 and yesterday they told me that the truck has been repaired and ready to purchase. :) :) :)

Now starts the purchasing process and hopefully I can pickup the truck by the end of next week.

230 days waiting from order to repair.

Blessed to have the opportunity to purchase soon.

FYI: Purchased Dealer - Chapman Ford of Horsham and Drop Ship Dealer - Crossroads Ford of Apex.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Received notification from my dealer last Friday that they had received the replacement fuel tank and all associated parts to repair the Maverick for Recall 21C35 and yesterday they told me that the truck has been repaired and ready to purchase. :) :) :)

Now starts the purchasing process and hopefully I can pickup the truck by the end of next week.

FYI: Purchased Dealer - Chapman Ford of Horsham and Drop Ship Dealer - Crossroads Ford of Apex.
Congrats! glad to hear some are receiving parts. When was yours delivered to the dealer?

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Nice! I know you have been waiting a long time. Hopefully smooth riding from here on out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Has anyone else who has been waiting on their trucks delivered in December gotten to take ownership yet?

I’m still waiting and being in Canada, knowing that it’s sitting still on the lot through an entire winter now, is starting to have me very concerned for the batteries etc.
Sponsored