First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Supra, Infinity Q60
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, 2 weeks now since my truck arrived at dealership with the fuel tank recall issue. If you didn't see my other posts about this, after personally inspecting the tank it was barely scratched. Anyway, nothing is being done , the dealership says Ford has NOT gotten back to them as what to do.!

Come on Ford! There are 5400 + people out there in a similar position and after 6 months of waiting
I'm very disappointed . It looks like they don't Really care about the customer!

I would like to hear from any other people in this mess that can tell what they have learned.

After personally inspecting the fuel tank I would gladly sign a waiver! LOL, Maybe pressure test the ones that look ok, its not like the dealers have other trucks sitting around to trade out either!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm pissed! Any info would be appreciated! #Tweet Ford
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hear ya. But I guarantee Ford is not going to go along with a waiver or anything else wrong with a fuel tank. Even a scratch could result in the tank rupturing in a collision.

We know they are building them every day....they should send out some tanks and drop a few from that week's scheduled production.

OP
OP

Supnotz 97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Supra, Infinity Q60
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear ya. But I guarantee Ford is not going to go along with a waiver or anything else wrong with a fuel tank. Even a scratch could result in the tank rupturing in a collision.

We know they are building them every day....they should send out some tanks and drop a few from that week's scheduled production.
I know , I was just being facetious, but thanks

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand your pain and frustration - I too are in the Recall 21C35 boat and I'm just as frustrated as you, but there isn't anything we can do to help the situation. This is an unfortunate situation that I'm sure Ford is completely embarrassed about and I assume Ford is working hard to resolve.

I watched the forums and tracked my Maverick every waking moment, only to have it stop and set in a parking lot 1-1/2 hour from my dealership. Really, the thing that upset me the most was to total lack of information from Ford as to what the issue was and when someone (Not Ford) finally posted the Recall Notice, then I had peace that I knew "WHY" everything just stopped!

I'm sure it takes a lot of time to locate and inspect over 5,400 vehicles and the last thing I want is to have a defective fuel tank in a brand new vehicle.

wcfox

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So i waited on my truck for 3 months “which is a short time” it was a dealer ordered xlt lux fx4 package iconic silver i was the first to talk to them about it it was mine when it arrived and no mark up because the gm was my boss at another dealer. the day before the truck arrived i saw there was a recall but i went ahead and bought the truck. They was unaware of the stop sell recall until a week or so later. They called and i took it to them because they couldnt report it sold until it was checked & well it had damage so im also waiting on a fuel tank while its already been purchased. it sucks but they put me in a loaner until then. thats my maverick story lol

Ford Maverick Maverick fuel tank recall 4C69922B-2B8A-41BB-A808-8F9E000D29F8

Ford Maverick Maverick fuel tank recall 3B0B5DB2-B0B7-4D19-BB3C-9F6511C543EE

Sponsored

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck has been in the shop for the fuel tank recall (mine failed) since December 21, the day after I got a notice about it from Carfax. It is Jan 19th now and I still don't have my truck. Service department tells me they are waiting on the fuel tank and don't know how long it may take. They also took forever to offer me a loaner and it was only for 4 days covering $35 a day, which is not enough for a truck. I contacted corporate online to try to get an eta of when my truck will be complete, along with some of the issues I had with my service department and the next day a very nice lady called me. She is following up with my service department daily and checking in for me, she also apparently expedited a fuel tank from another place to possibly get it faster. Hopefully I get my truck back soon because i'm pretty upset that its already been in the shop a month and i only had it for a month and a half before that. Especially the fact that i'm paying for this truck and cant even drive it drives me nuts.

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree that Ford will look at the new sales over any already produced and/or already purchased, BUT, Ford needs to do the RIGHT THING and fix these issues ASAP. It's ALWAYS about the "M" and always will, but Right is Right and if Ford wants to keep their "Major Manufacturer" name, then there are a ton of disgruntle future owners to make happy again. The Hybrid group got the complimentary "Fits System" when their trucks where delayed because of the EPA issue - Why don't Ford give us something too? My truck has been held hostage for 88 days and counting - A lot longer than some of the Hybrid waits.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So, 2 weeks now since my truck arrived at dealership with the fuel tank recall issue. If you didn't see my other posts about this, after personally inspecting the tank it was barely scratched. Anyway, nothing is being done , the dealership says Ford has NOT gotten back to them as what to do.!

Come on Ford! There are 5400 + people out there in a similar position and after 6 months of waiting
I'm very disappointed . It looks like they don't Really care about the customer!

I would like to hear from any other people in this mess that can tell what they have learned.

After personally inspecting the fuel tank I would gladly sign a waiver! LOL, Maybe pressure test the ones that look ok, its not like the dealers have other trucks sitting around to trade out either!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm pissed! Any info would be appreciated! #Tweet Ford
I'm with you! My truck has been sitting at a lot a few miles away for a couple of months now and I just (last week) heard about the mess. I can think of a few ways to handle it but some bureaucratic b.s. is keeping is keeping it stagnant.
Change the damn tank, now!

I have asked the salesman how I can go up the ladder but he's at a loss. Getting pissed.

On top of the divorce, I'm ready to enlist up with Ukraine and take out my frustration.
Sponsored