First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 1st edition, lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tank recall completed 2 weeks ago. I failed inspection and new tank was overnight delivered the follow day. Hoping you have quick turnaround. Also note, my fuel tank gauge is now reading incorrect fuel amount in tank. I will be taking back to dealer to get resolved. Same issue also happened to another owner. Keep an eye on your gauge after replacement.
I will keep eye on the fuel gauge-I drive a lot need to know that one!
Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you suspect you are involved in the recall and don't smell gas STAY AWAY from the dealer. They will have your Maverick for a LONG time.
I had taken my truck in for the drivers control panel not working. The dealers hasn’t figured that out but they said I did needed a tank replacement. I was told my tank had drill bit marks but no holes. I’m not sure how I feel about pulling the tank and leaving it out waiting for the back ordered replacement. I did get a free rental during this time which is okay if we are talking 15 days, but if we are talking 60 days that’s not great. I would rather they put the tank back in and wait for the tank replacement. I added a photo for everyone’s viewing pleasure

Ford Maverick Fuel Tank Recall C00F8B23-E68D-4791-994B-482FEB09D62A

ffjack15

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had taken my truck in for the drivers control panel not working. The dealers hasn’t figured that out but they said I did needed a tank replacement. I was told my tank had drill bit marks but no holes. I’m not sure how I feel about pulling the tank and leaving it out waiting for the back ordered replacement. I did get a free rental during this time which is okay if we are talking 15 days, but if we are talking 60 days that’s not great. I would rather they put the tank back in and wait for the tank replacement. I added a photo for everyone’s viewing pleasure

C00F8B23-E68D-4791-994B-482FEB09D62A.jpeg
Mine had 4 holes took a week to fix no problems after that.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Deleted member 9167

Just took mine in for the routine 10k service and also tank inspection. They flagged my tank as a failure with the need for replacement.

Anyone have the general timing for replacement (I forgot to ask). They did set me up with an Enterprise rental, but it's a Jeep Wrangler... Not looking forward to that MPG if it's going to be longer than a few days.

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just took mine in for the routine 10k service and also tank inspection. They flagged my tank as a failure with the need for replacement.

Anyone have the general timing for replacement (I forgot to ask). They did set me up with an Enterprise rental, but it's a Jeep Wrangler... Not looking forward to that MPG if it's going to be longer than a few days.
Took me a week and a half last month

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Dropped my truck off at 0730 yesterday and it was ready by 1500 today. Much faster than I was expecting!!
Well my dealership is run by barely functional people so that probably explains it😂

dsmith78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
My truck has been at the dealership for about 6 weeks now waiting on a new gas tank. I’ve called Ford multiple times with no help. How in the world are some of you getting yours back in a matter of days?

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My truck has been at the dealership for about 6 weeks now waiting on a new gas tank. I’ve called Ford multiple times with no help. How in the world are some of you getting yours back in a matter of days?
That's a ridiculous wait time! So many variables to consider, such as competency of your dealership, supply lines to your location, etc. I would say this is most likely a dealer problem.

Last edited:

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I think you have a dealer problem. Replacement took a week in my case but that was when there was a known shortage of tanks.

dsmith78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Ford and my dealership both keep telling me there is a nationwide parts shortage on the fuel tank. Don’t know how believable that is considering they keep producing new ones and I’m assuming the new ones have gas tanks.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford and my dealership both keep telling me there is a nationwide parts shortage on the fuel tank. Don’t know how believable that is considering they keep producing new ones and I’m assuming the new ones have gas tanks.
More like a nationwide shortage of people who want to work.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
If there is a parts shortage the new vehicles get priority.
Sponsored