First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my Maverick in for service and they checked for the fuel tank recall and I was told that Ford out sourced the spray-in bed liner and the vender used a drill to clean out the holes in the bed and used a drill bit that was to long and drilled holes into the fuel tanks. My Maverick was one of the vehicle’s affected which explains how I topped off my Maverick at night and in the morning having only 3/4 of a tank . This also explains my bad MPG. This is a safety issue so don’t take lightly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my Maverick in for the fuel tank recall and I was told that Ford out sourced the spray-in bed liner and the vender used a drill to clean out the holes in the bed and used a drill bit that was to long and drilled holes in the fuel tanks. My Maverick was one of the vehicle’s affected which explains how I topped off my Maverick at night and in the morning have only 3/4 of tank in the morning. This also explains my bad MPG. This is a safety issue so don’t take lightly.
So, did you actually receive your recall notice? Was your tank replaced and if so how long did the dealer have your truck?

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, did you actually receive your recall notice? Was your tank replaced and if so how long did the dealer have your truck?
I actually took it in for a paint defect and door handle sensor issue and they checked for the recall. The dealer still has my Maverick and its now been 30 days and still no replacement fuel tank.

Last edited:

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I actually took it in for a paint defect and door handle sensor issue and they checked for the recall. The dealer still has my Maverick and its now been 19 days and still no replacement fuel tank.
Sorry to hear that. I almost took mine in for an issue with hood alignment (that I created) and thought they might be required to keep it, if it hit their service department. So I canceled the appointment and had a friend of mine help me adjust it and the MRT struts we were having trouble with.

My truck is part of both recalls, but I have not seen any leakage nor smelled any gas so I’m going to avoid the dealer like the plague until they get material on hand to fix it, if need be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sleepyalero

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does this affect all trucks? or only the ones with spray in liner?

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
does this affect all trucks? or only the ones with spray in liner?
Only trucks produced in certain timeframe with SIBL. ~5500.
There is a thread: lookup recall.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to here that. I almost took mine in for an issue with hood alignment (that I created) and thought they might be required to keep it, if it hit their service department. So I canceled the appointment and had a friend of mine help me adjust it and the MRT struts we were having trouble with.

My truck is part of both recalls, but I have not seen any leakage nor smelled any gas so I’m going to avoid the dealer like the plague until they get material on hand to fix it, if need be.
I didn’t see any leaks or smell any gas either but had holes in my tank.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well that’s not good! But I’ve made it this far (11/3) I think I’ll take my chances.

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was your gas mileage? I’m only getting 20mpg avg for 50/50 hwy/city driving and I’m wondering if maybe I do have a hole in my tank even though I don’t smell gas. I fall under the recall but have not yet scheduled inspection.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So far, looks like Ford is playing with people's safety between the time it's taken them to notify people and the complete lack of fuel tanks at dealers.

Not to mention that they didn't catch this until 5500 vehicles were already affected from a lack of training and QA.

Supnotz 97

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Supra, Infinity Q60
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took my Maverick in for the fuel tank recall and I was told that Ford out sourced the spray-in bed liner and the vender used a drill to clean out the holes in the bed and used a drill bit that was to long and drilled holes in the fuel tanks. My Maverick was one of the vehicle’s affected which explains how I topped off my Maverick at night and in the morning have only 3/4 of tank in the morning. This also explains my bad MPG. This is a safety issue so don’t take lightly.
I saw my truck 1/7 and the tank was out on a table, the so called damage was so insignificant I couldn't even tell where they were. I could do more damage with my fingernail, LOL!. No hole what so ever. Theres nine drain holes in the bed right over the tank.
Another thing to remember is these tanks are pressurized !
I don't understand why they can't let us have our trucks (if they don't have a leak obviously) and call us in when they get tanks instead of holding them hostage !

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw my truck 1/7 and the tank was out on a table, the so called damage was so insignificant I couldn't even tell where they were. I could do more damage with my fingernail, LOL!. No hole what so ever. Theres nine drain holes in the bed right over the tank.
Another thing to remember is these tanks are pressurized !
I don't understand why they can't let us have our trucks (if they don't have a leak obviously) and call us in when they get tanks instead of holding them hostage !
I can't imagine the dealers want them taking up precious space either.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For grins, I went to Ford's build website and built my truck again. The spray-on bed liner is not a option anymore.

Ford Maverick Fuel Tank Recall 1643209820223
Sponsored