First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
These are taken directly from the Ford Service Repair Procedure bulletin sent to the dealers.

Ford Maverick Video: fuel tank recall + Maverick Hybrid underbody Screenshot (43)
Ford Maverick Video: fuel tank recall + Maverick Hybrid underbody Screenshot (44)
Ford Maverick Video: fuel tank recall + Maverick Hybrid underbody Screenshot (45)
Ford Maverick Video: fuel tank recall + Maverick Hybrid underbody Screenshot (46)
Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at the underside I see a Yellow cable with a Black Stripe that comes from the Driver Side of the cabin along the Driver Side of the Bed and attaches to a Black Module. From this Module Yellow/Blue/Black cable goes up into the rear bed side.

Is this the Inverter for the 110V/400 Watt Outlet(s) for the Outlet in the Bed and Cab?
Edit: This is not the inverter.

Thanks to @Allen King Jr : Found the inverter location, it is the blue box in the picture attached to the floor under the center console.

The Video is Queued where you can see the Black Module. Time Stamp 1:00 to 1:03

Ford Maverick Video: fuel tank recall + Maverick Hybrid underbody INVERTER

Last edited:

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at the underside I see a Yellow cable with a Black Stripe that comes from the Driver Side of the cabin along the Driver Side of the Bed and attaches to a Black Module. From this Module Yellow/Blue/Black cable goes up into the rear bed side.

Is this the Inverter for the 110V/400 Watt Outlet(s) for the Outlet in the Bed and Cab?
Edit: This is not the inverter.

Thanks to @Allen King Jr : Found the inverter location, it is the blue box in the picture attached to the floor under the center console.

The Video is Queued where you can see the Black Module. Time Stamp 1:00 to 1:03

INVERTER.jpg
Great info, been looking for that. Thanks!

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool video to see… my concern, taking all this off a new truck, to find out if your tank was drilled into or not!? Wow!! Not a fan… wouldn’t there be a light on the dash or vapor issue?? So is it bad not to have it checked? Sorry I don’t want my 400 mile mavericks entire underneath taken off/apart!
I just had the recall done. My local dealer used a camera flexible extension to look at the top of the tank. You know the things they use to look down drain pipes etc. They did not find any holes. Perhaps your dealer would be willing to do something similar if your worried about disassembly (i wasn't worried about disassembly). In fact I think i would have preferred them removing it. I was the first check they did and they did not have the parts (1 time use bolts) in stock to replace my tank.

I haven't smelled any gasoline or seen any streaks in the drive even after filling up my tank so i wasn't surprised when they didn't find anything.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had the recall done. My local dealer used a camera flexible extension to look at the top of the tank. You know the things they use to look down drain pipes etc. They did not find any holes. Perhaps your dealer would be willing to do something similar if your worried about disassembly (i wasn't worried about disassembly). In fact I think i would have preferred them removing it. I was the first check they did and they did not have the parts (1 time use bolts) in stock to replace my tank.

I haven't smelled any gasoline or seen any streaks in the drive even after filling up my tank so i wasn't surprised when they didn't find anything.
There may be a difference between the EB & Hybrid getting access to inspect the tanks, they are different. Hopefully many of the inspections will turn up not needing a replacement, this will speed up getting you back into your Maverick or actually taking ownership of one, especially with many parts in short supply. Suppling new tanks for this recall probably will affect production as recalled ones will get a new tank before new ones being built.

Sponsored

Velo_Blue_Mav_in_NC

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just had to go through this process with mine and was able to pick my Maverick up last night. Those bolts had to be shipped in and it took a few days to get them. I feel better knowing it was done right. If its any vote of confidence the tech who made the repair placed an order for a Maverick with the same specs as mine.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool video to see… my concern, taking all this off a new truck, to find out if your tank was drilled into or not!? Wow!! Not a fan… wouldn’t there be a light on the dash or vapor issue?? So is it bad not to have it checked? Sorry I don’t want my 400 mile mavericks entire underneath taken off/apart!
The problem is with
Spray in Bed liner installations only.

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Problem with that is that Ford wants pictures taken, in a very specific manner, of the top of the tank to prove that it wasn't damaged. So even though you may have brought it in doesn't mean that you won't have to bring it back in to have it done properly according to Fords repair procedure.

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel bad for the dealership who has to deal with you.

Step back a little bit - Ford has found a potential safety hazard. Do you really want fuel dripping down onto your hot exhaust? This is how fires start.

I am very OCD with my vehicles too. Always clean, taken care of, no car washes from the lot kids when I take my car in for service - but a new wiring harness? New pump? For why? They are literally brand new.

You purchased a vehicle with set warranty that starts when you take delivery. Why would they be adding to your warranty?

🤦‍♂️
I guess I am a handful lol! You are right… just trying to get the inside scoop. I am a warranty man, never had ford before, GM family as my family worked there and got discounts… so warrant there was different… anytime you had something done that was then updated to the time and mileage of repair. I am actually super easy and nice…my deal is do it right the first time, I have trust issues with these items, because I have had wheels fall off and oil and coolant not put back into the car!! I will have it replaced and examined obviously… I just figure if it’s got a hole it would exhibit such?

Also, no I don’t expect or require new harness, pump, etc etc, I was saying it would be a preference if it is damaged… call me ocd/anal/annoying….. I’m sorry but for me I don’t see the Maverick I got as a cheap truck! It’s new, it’s going to have issues, I only request it be 💯.
G

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Awesome review and reply thank you!! Yep, I’m ok with it… just have had exhaust removed for something before as well then we have a couple leak issue and the dealer says it’s not their problem… anyways this is why I’m a paranoid freak lol

Sponsored

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
I would presume this inspection [and, if needed, any replacement] information will be noted by VIN to NHTSA and also revealed to the purchaser prior to their acceptance. If they choose not to want that vehicle, they should have the right to refuse it!

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't have it fixed now. Since it is a safety recall it will be valid for the life of the truck. Wait until your fuel pump or sending unit goes out. Then take it in for the recall since they will have to drop the tank anyway lmao. :ROFLMAO:

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't have it fixed now. Since it is a safety recall it will be valid for the life of the truck. Wait until your fuel pump or sending unit goes out. Then take it in for the recall since they will have to drop the tank anyway lmao. :ROFLMAO:
YOU ARE A FREAKING ROCKSTAR!!

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats actually a really good idea......lil ovelap on the tank removal never hurt anyone. Only if you don't notice any gas fumes!

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Problem with that is that Ford wants pictures taken, in a very specific manner, of the top of the tank to prove that it wasn't damaged. So even though you may have brought it in doesn't mean that you won't have to bring it back in to have it done properly according to Fords repair procedure.
Oh interesting. I did not notice that. I wonder if they can fake it on the next one they do. Like take the pictures twice a little skewed and say it was from my truck? Anyway i'm sure they didn't take pictures.
Sponsored