Sponsored

Fuel Tank Recall

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I can't imagine the dealers want them taking up precious space either.
Does anyone know how many of the 5000 plus affected Mavericks were sold and delivered to customers before the problem was discovered? My truck has been on hold because of the tank problem since early November and you guys who are driving your recalled vehicles will have priority (rightly so) for replacement tanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What was your gas mileage? Iā€™m only getting 20mpg avg for 50/50 hwy/city driving and Iā€™m wondering if maybe I do have a hole in my tank even though I donā€™t smell gas. I fall under the recall but have not yet scheduled inspection.
I got 19-20 mpg with regular driving, if I tried hard and babied it I got only 23 mpg.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I saw my truck 1/7 and the tank was out on a table, the so called damage was so insignificant I couldn't even tell where they were. I could do more damage with my fingernail, LOL!. No hole what so ever. Theres nine drain holes in the bed right over the tank.
Another thing to remember is these tanks are pressurized !
I don't understand why they can't let us have our trucks (if they don't have a leak obviously) and call us in when they get tanks instead of holding them hostage !
I rather they hold my Maverick than take the chance of possibly blowing up going down the road.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For grins, I went to Ford's build website and built my truck again. The spray-on bed liner is not a option anymore.

1643209820223.png
I know and that really sucks for potential buyers for the spay-in bed liner is very nice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't imagine the dealers want them taking up precious space either.
Well not if they get to bill Ford for loaner vehicles, they gave me a Ranger Tremor. Iā€™m pretty sure theyā€™re billing Ford very nicely for that.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know and that really sucks for potential buyers for the spay-in bed liner is very nice.
I like the spray-in bed liner but this time I would not mind if Ford skipped it at the factory and had the dealer sub it out. That way I would get the color I like instead of black. My truck will be cactus gray and I'd like a gray liner.
My guess is that it the truck will come with a spray-in liner from the factory and I'm not messing around changing the order only to have something happen that would make me sad.
I like the spray-in liner option for it's sound deadening capabilities, but this time I would not mind if Ford skipped it and let the dealer sub it out. That way I could get the color matched to the truck.
LineX did the liner on my present 2012 F150 Lariat and it has held up very well.
But, I suspect that my truck will come with the factory black liner, and I'm not messing with the order at this stage of the game.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you suspect you are involved in the recall and don't smell gas STAY AWAY from the dealer. They will have your Maverick for a LONG time.
Iā€™m up to 22 days now. šŸ˜ 

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know how many of the 5000 plus affected Mavericks were sold and delivered to customers before the problem was discovered? My truck has been on hold because of the tank problem since early November and you guys who are driving your recalled vehicles will have priority (rightly so) for replacement tanks.
My truck that I bought Oct 30 has been in the shop since Dec 21 waiting for a fuel tank. No sign of when it should arrive...

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got 19-20 mpg with regular driving, if I tried hard and babied it I got only 23 mpg.
Thanks ā€¦ very similar to my experience. Iā€™ll report back if I have hole in the tank when I take in for the recall.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I rather they hold my Maverick than take the chance of possibly blowing up going down the road.
Are we talking about the Maverick or a Pinto? ;-)

rcheneyjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there a link to enter VINS to see if my truck is 'recallable'?