First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To those who have their trucks sitting at the dealer, did Ford provide a loaner vehicle?
My dealer has FAILED to get me a loaner, truck has been in the shop since Dec 21. I'm pissed and corporate knows, they are trying to make me feel better by throwing me other offers(non of which are loaners). By the way this is Lithia Ford in Fresno, Ca. Terrible service department from my experience.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K tow,19 CRV EX-L
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer has FAILED to get me a loaner, truck has been in the shop since Dec 21. I'm pissed and corporate knows, they are trying to make me feel better by throwing me other offers(non of which are loaners). By the way this is Lithia Ford in Fresno, Ca. Terrible service department from my experience.
They should have given you a loaner vehicle if they didn’t have one they should have put you in a rental. My dealer put me in a rental for the first week before a loaner was available. Fords paying the bill so it doesn’t cost them anything.

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They should have given you a loaner vehicle if they didn’t have one they should have put you in a rental. My dealer put me in a rental for the first week before a loaner was available. Fords paying the bill so it doesn’t cost them anything.
They offered me a loaner for 4 days capped at $35 a day (not enough for a truck which i need) which I would have to put my own name and deposit on. To top it off I would have hd to walk like a half mile in the rain to go pick it up. I denied it and contacted ford about it, all they offered to do was reimburse me for my last 3 month of financing

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They offered me a loaner for 4 days capped at $35 a day (not enough for a truck which i need) which I would have to put my own name and deposit on. To top it off I would have hd to walk like a half mile in the rain to go pick it up. I denied it and contacted ford about it, all they offered to do was reimburse me for my last 3 month of financing
Wow 😮

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I took my Maverick in for service and they checked for the fuel tank recall and I was told that Ford out sourced the spray-in bed liner and the vender used a drill to clean out the holes in the bed and used a drill bit that was to long and drilled holes into the fuel tanks. My Maverick was one of the vehicle’s affected which explains how I topped off my Maverick at night and in the morning having only 3/4 of a tank . This also explains my bad MPG. This is a safety issue so don’t take lightly.
People need to be kept informed of this problem. Ford is addressing it and the dealer did not release my vehicle until it was repaired. Part of the problem is in removing the fuel tank an exhaust system support had to be removed and Ford engineers called for that particular part to be replaced with a new one. Well, that part is in short supply. My dealer had to wait a couple weeks for it.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to here that. I almost took mine in for an issue with hood alignment (that I created) and thought they might be required to keep it, if it hit their service department. So I canceled the appointment and had a friend of mine help me adjust it and the MRT struts we were having trouble with.

My truck is part of both recalls, but I have not seen any leakage nor smelled any gas so I’m going to avoid the dealer like the plague until they get material on hand to fix it, if need be.
Apparently, not all trucks with the spray in bed liner were affected, but the only way they can be sure is to pull the tank. That process compromises an exhaust system support (at least, that's what I was told) and the dealers are having trouble getting a replacement part. I had a truck (not a Ford) spontaneously combust in my driveway, so this is not something you should ignore. Be safe.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently, not all trucks with the spray in bed liner were affected, but the only way they can be sure is to pull the tank. That process compromises an exhaust system support (at least, that's what I was told) and the dealers are having trouble getting a replacement part. I had a truck (not a Ford) spontaneously combust in my driveway, so this is not something you should ignore. Be safe.
True: not all SIBL are affected. Only those produced in a given date range.
Ford Maverick Fuel Tank Recall image

I smell nothing. I see nothing.

Rap22mav

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford sporttrac
I just received the recall notice yesterday. Mine was built November 11 🙁

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
image.jpg

Well then, you should be good to go. Safe travels.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
image.jpg

Guess you're not so crazy, after all. :geek:

Maybe dealers will now stop holding vehicles without smells or visible fuel? Is it now safe to come to the dealer for other things? Many folks don't want their Maverick seized when they stop in to the dealer for something else. Everyone should probably bring their letter with them to the dealer in case they try.

Last edited:

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Guess you're not so crazy, after all. :geek:

Maybe dealers will now stop holding vehicles without smells or visible fuel? Is it now safe to come to the dealer for other things? Many folks don't want their Maverick seized when they stop in to the dealer for something else. Everyone should probably bring their letter with them to the dealer in case they try.
I would avoid dealerships if possible. Taking the letter won’t help. The statement about safe to drive was in the original notice.

OP
OP
Mav2Scamp

Mav2Scamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
People need to be kept informed of this problem. Ford is addressing it and the dealer did not release my vehicle until it was repaired. Part of the problem is in removing the fuel tank an exhaust system support had to be removed and Ford engineers called for that particular part to be replaced with a new one. Well, that part is in short supply. My dealer had to wait a couple weeks for it.
Its been a month and still waiting.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been three months and counting for me. 93 days from today. Not cool Ford, really Not Cool.
Sorry. Someone mentioned in this forum about how Ford's miscalculation of the popularity of the Maverick is alienating their customer base. People will be looking at other manufacturers. Right now, it's only Hyundai, but you can bet Chevy and Dodge are looking closely at this compact truck market.
Sponsored