Sponsored

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
Take this bit of info with a grain of salt. I reached out with my weekly question of a status update for my salesman. He responded back with the tank has been ordered and on its way. Hopefully this is true and I will finally get my Maverick, but I'm not holding my breath just yet!
I got a text from my salesperson saying the dealership was able to place an order for a replacement tank late yesterday, so your info about an order being placed may be correct. However, my guy added that there was no way to know when the tank would be delivered to the dealership. I would question the “on the way” part.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Take this bit of info with a grain of salt. I reached out with my weekly question of a status update for my salesman. He responded back with the tank has been ordered and on its way. Hopefully this is true and I will finally get my Maverick, but I'm not holding my breath just yet!
MAN I HOPE THIS IS TRUE - I'm about all waited out!

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MAN I HOPE THIS IS TRUE - I'm about all waited out!
I hear ya. Being pushed back since first week of November. Getting excited with photos of my truck being offloaded from transport with a “Merry Christmas” text, then the next day having the rugged pulled out from under me because of the fuel tank. This is my first ever Ford purchase. This thing better be reliable and a good experience from here on out or it is definitely my last Ford.

user34fs7jge

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
So I’ve got a SIBL Maverick that (according the sticker in the door) was manufactured 10/21. The VIN doesn’t indicate there’s a recall when I search it on the Ford recall site. Should I pursue it further? Should I trust that VIN assessment is accurate and move on?

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I’ve got a SIBL Maverick that (according the sticker in the door) was manufactured 10/21. The VIN doesn’t indicate there’s a recall when I search it on the Ford recall site. Should I pursue it further? Should I trust that VIN assessment is accurate and move on?
You cannot trust the Ford site or the NHTSA site. My truck still doesn’t show up on either site but is sitting at the dealership waiting on a replacement fuel tank.

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t show up on Ford or NHTSA site either, but when I called my dealership service department last month right after the recall rumor first surfaced, they were able to look up my VIN in their internal Ford database and confirmed that my VIN was subject to the recall. I suggest for you to contact your dealer.

JaxMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elentra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another update. Salesman text me yesterday saying new fuel tank arrived and he hopes with a little luck that they can have it done today. Maybe I can get a my maverick in the next few days. Wish me luck!

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another update. Salesman text me yesterday saying new fuel tank arrived and he hopes with a little luck that they can have it done today. Maybe I can get a my maverick in the next few days. Wish me luck!
Good Luck Man and congratulations - I'm awaiting the same call/text from my dealer. It's encouraging to read post that some owners are getting this issue resolved. Seen several on Reddit and now this site.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is great news! First time I have heard of anyone receiving a new tank. Encouraging for the rest of us. Keep us posted.

sanhozay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT LUX 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t show up on Ford or NHTSA site either, but when I called my dealership service department last month right after the recall rumor first surfaced, they were able to look up my VIN in their internal Ford database and confirmed that my VIN was subject to the recall. I suggest for you to contact your dealer.
May I ask what city your dealer is in? My dealer told me to get the city of anyone who got their tank to try and get mine in quicker. Truck i put 2.5k miles on has been hostage with the dealers since Dec 21...

Sponsored

TS0323

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT Lux in Alto Blue
I got a call this morning that my Maverick which I paid for last Monday is finally ready for me to pick up! Apparently the part came in this morning - unsure if it was the fuel tank or the bolts to replace the original fuel tank, but I'm happy either way! Should be picking it up by the end of the day.

Jlucey

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22’ Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They made delivery today. So happy to finally have my Maverick! God speed for the rest of you guys waiting!
Good to see a few people starting to take delivery, still waiting on word from my dealer on parts.

ScottSG62

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Just curious, but as anyone taken theirs in and not had to have the tank replaced? Oh, my dealer said there are 160 tanks in Detroit now.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just curious, but as anyone taken theirs in and not had to have the tank replaced? Oh, my dealer said there are 160 tanks in Detroit now.
Yes, lots. Have seen about the same number of posts about people getting inspected and released than inspected and held when I read all over the forum. But there are even more people waiting to be inspected awaiting bolts. But I imagine a lot of those people just haven't updated the bolts came in and their Mavericks inspected.
Sponsored