Sponsored

Welcome to my Maverick fuel tank recall nightmare.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry for the stupid question, but if you turned it in with a full tank, do they give it back with a full tank of gas? I hope I get a good one….
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pretorian

Pretorian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Sorry for the stupid question, but if you turned it in with a full tank, do they give it back with a full tank of gas? I hope I get a good one….
I guess that would be up to the integrity of your stealership. I would assume they would but I've been wrong before.

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just to let others know. I received the letter from Ford for the recall to take my truck to the dealership to have my gas tank checked. I took the truck there on March 25. The dealership called me and told me the gas tank has to be replaced. As of today April 4 I Still don't have my truck. I called today and the dealership now tells me Ford is behind 50 to 70 gas tanks for the recall. You would think Ford would have the gas tanks if they are telling everyone to take their truck to dealership for the recall !

OP
OP
Pretorian

Pretorian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Just to let others know. I received the letter from Ford for the recall to take my truck to the dealership to have my gas tank checked. I took the truck there on March 25. The dealership called me and told me the gas tank has to be replaced. As of today April 4 I Still don't have my truck. I called today and the dealership now tells me Ford is behind 50 to 70 gas tanks for the recall. You would think Ford would have the gas tanks if they are telling everyone to take their truck to dealership for the recall !
They have now had my truck for 2 weeks because the new tank they installed was contaminated with some kind of shit which in turn made the fuel pump fail and clogged the entire fuel system. I wish I had your problem.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
looks like a loaner is due for this extended wait time right. I hope they provided you with something to drive till the tank arrives?

Sponsored

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
looks like a loaner is due for this extended wait time right. I hope they provided you with something to drive till the tank arrives?
Hi yes the dealership did but as everyone knows we all would like to have our trucks

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They have now had my truck for 2 weeks because the new tank they installed was contaminated with some kind of shit which in turn made the fuel pump fail and clogged the entire fuel system. I wish I had your problem.
Sorry to hear what happened to your truck I hope the dealership is helping you out.What a pain for that to happen!

Blues

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry to hear what happened to your truck I hope the dealership is helping you out.What a pain for that to happen
Yup...a Titanium Escape. Nice car actually.
I wish lol They dealership being Ford,Toyota gave me a Camry to use not any where the class of the Maverick

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought my Maverick 7 days ago, had it for one day then they realized there was a stop-sale on it, so i brought it back to them for fuel tank inspection and trailer-tow reprogramming. The delay, I'm told, is the back-order for the one-time-use bolts for when they re-attach the driveshaft to the rear. Luckily I activated my fordpass during the 1 day i did have the vehicle, and it shows a '2' on the alerts, but when i go to the recall screen it only shows my vehicle has the trailer tow reprogamming as incomplete.

Ford Maverick Welcome to my Maverick fuel tank recall nightmare. Screenshot_20220407-085740_Chrome

Sponsored

tmoney20g

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4/Lux/4k/CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put my vin in the fordetis site, and i guess the 'inspection' isn't a recall unless the 'inspection' finds a problem...

Ford Maverick Welcome to my Maverick fuel tank recall nightmare. nvm

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It sucks this happens on a new vehicle, but you're not alone. I've seen vehicles come in for what should be simple software updates and remain sitting on the lot for months due to backordered parts. At least they're optimistic that they'll figure out the cause and have it rectified in short order.
In the meantime, we still have a customer's Edge sitting on our lot since about February waiting for a module which Ford continues to tell me is on backorder without an ETA. And transmission control modules for Fiesta's and Focuses have often been a joke. One customer left without their vehicle for nearly six months while Ford has shipped modules for other customers within a week.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Thanks man. I appreciate the constructive criticism. Just trying to communicate the issues I am having with this recall.
Sure, it sucks. Well, I can understand. You were waiting for this vehicle and then there is the satisfaction and excitement of getting it in your possession, finally. And, now this. More frustrating because of the nebulous nature of the problem. Makes me remember the days when I could work on everything under the hood and was familiar (too familiar) with my ride. Goes with the territory when you pay $100 for a beater. There was satisfaction in being capable. Now, I look under the hood and I know there's an ICE there somewhere. I'm a dependent at the mercy of the wizards that created this thing.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It sucks this happens on a new vehicle, but you're not alone. I've seen vehicles come in for what should be simple software updates and remain sitting on the lot for months due to backordered parts. At least they're optimistic that they'll figure out the cause and have it rectified in short order.
In the meantime, we still have a customer's Edge sitting on our lot since about February waiting for a module which Ford continues to tell me is on backorder without an ETA. And transmission control modules for Fiesta's and Focuses have often been a joke. One customer left without their vehicle for nearly six months while Ford has shipped modules for other customers within a week.
My sister has been waiting 4.5 months for a module for her new washing machine. So. This issue is endemic to our technological world. All this "just in time" and complexity has caught up with us.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My sister has been waiting 4.5 months for a module for her new washing machine. So. This issue is endemic to our technological world. All this "just in time" and complexity has caught up with us.
I guess that's one reason, but I suspect the fact we don't produce much of what we consume as a nation is another, too. Oh, and the fact you can't find people who want to work. I hear from nearly everyone that at times it's been a challenge to find people who are both competent and reliable.
Sponsored