First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Awesome. I actually figured out the SDM mapping in the other forscan thread but hit the "drive mode not available" and sent my results to forscan team a while back but the farthest we got was noticing the firmware on FX4 and non-FX4 was a different file. I never would have guessed there was another value that would just disable the lock altogether and allow use of them all. Pretty awesome result!
You still need to make the appropriate drive modes selctable for mut / ruts for example when you switch between the packages to an FX4. I don't know why the other setting ignores the package setting code in the ABS module but it works.
Sponsored

aspect

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Lux FX4 2.0 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Maverick2022XL & @aspect you both are legends in my book. Great work!!
I ran out of steam on this once I started going down the firmware replacement route. Just didn't seem worth the headache. @Maverick2022XL pushed it over the top and found a solution and is also figuring out some other awesome stuff with traffic sign recognition etc. And of course @Tyvemattis who got cruise control running on the XL with a steering wheel swap. Super stoked to see all the progress!

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have to have an unrestricted forscan license for easy mode?

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have to have an unrestricted forscan license for easy mode?
You need a programming license regardless of mode to make any changes.

BigT

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Figured it out. Thanks!

Sponsored

DHouch1813

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Maverick XLT Lux, FX4 w/4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@aspect and @Maverick2022XL

Question for all who have done this so far. My FX4 Maverick is scheduled for build 3/7 so I have plenty of time to research on my own but, once Forscan is setup and OBDLink is ordered all I have to do is connect to vehicle, SAVE CURRENT BUILD, then:

1- Select ABS and disable
2- Add (1) zero after 9th value of ABS code
3- Find SDM section and enter 0000 0001 EB5A?
4- Select Drive modes to enable/disable per preference
5- Save?

Sorry, I haver never used Forscan or any other type of software like it before and watching the videos of how tos it seems you just plug in, download current build info and enable/disable. If that is the just of it and no one makes a video of doing everything then I might do so ONCE my order comes in. All info is much appreciated!

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Applies to all trims w/AWD with or without an FX4 package.

This so far has been tested on an XL trim with a 2.0L gas engine, AWD w/o the FX4 package and has since been confirmed to work with the FX4 package option.
I think I speak for everyone that loves to tinker - thank you for your work and sharing to the group. !!!

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@aspect and @Maverick2022XL

Question for all who have done this so far. My FX4 Maverick is scheduled for build 3/7 so I have plenty of time to research on my own but, once Forscan is setup and OBDLink is ordered all I have to do is connect to vehicle, SAVE CURRENT BUILD, then:

1- Select ABS and disable
2- Add (1) zero after 9th value of ABS code
3- Find SDM section and enter 0000 0001 EB5A?
4- Select Drive modes to enable/disable per preference
5- Save?

Sorry, I haver never used Forscan or any other type of software like it before and watching the videos of how tos it seems you just plug in, download current build info and enable/disable. If that is the just of it and no one makes a video of doing everything then I might do so ONCE my order comes in. All info is much appreciated!
You can either do a full back up and /or ABS module only back up. I recommend you do both and only use the full backup when all else fails. If you change settings in one module you shouldn't need to restore every other module if something goes wrong.
In the worst case scenario that you forgot to or your backups get deleted you can go here and put in your VIN number to get the stock as built from factory data for your truck to reload into the modules.
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

Short answer for the programming using the quick mode.
1. Enter ABS module and search for SDM
2. For SDM - ABS disable it
3. Depending which package you have installed enable the following if any say disabled
SDM - Mode 11 (Sport)
SDM - Mode 4 (Sand)
SDM - Mode 5 (Mud)
SDM - Mode 9 (Eco)
4. Check the DTC codes to see if you threw one in the PSCM when you changed settings and reset the DTC codes if you did. It is normal if you see an error message saying it lost contact with the ABS module. It happens because you reset the ABS settings and it took too long to report back to the PSCM module when you did.
5. Test the drive mode switch to make sure the modes are all now available and selectable then drive the truck in each mode to confirm they are working. That is it.

If you want to edit the as built in hex code then go to my first post for the codes.

Last edited:

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t understand the obsession with these modes.

you have the same engine, drive wheels (2 or 4), and transmission. How much is 8 modes really going to affect the drive? Haha.
Sport mode is a pretty drastic difference on my vehicle. One-touch disabling of traction control can get me through the deep stuff when I need to (it can also get me buried to the frame...) For the daily commute, it's pretty much "Eco" all the time. Haven't towed yet, but imagine that tow/haul provides some useful attributes as well.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport mode is a pretty drastic difference on my vehicle. One-touch disabling of traction control can get me through the deep stuff when I need to (it can also get me buried to the frame...) For the daily commute, it's pretty much "Eco" all the time. Haven't towed yet, but imagine that tow/haul provides some useful attributes as well.
I think you missed the point. Obviously sport and eco are different. But do you really need all 8 modes activated? The answer is no.

Edit - admin, you really deleted that post too? My goodness that’s embarrassing.

Sponsored

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Can someone explain to me why this is good? I don’t understand the benefit of having all modes on

ledger9427

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla, 2022 Maverick XLT EB
Easy method worked on my FX4.. enabled all drive modes and all work perfectly!
Not sure why you WOULDN’T want all the drives modes that were designed for your vehicle… 🙄🙄

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I have a non-FX4 2.0 AWD with 4K and I just used Forscan to add mud and snow to the cluster they worked! Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a drive mode is selected and it does not throw up an error message, that means that mode is working. I did drive around my neighborhood selecting all seven modes and all seem to be working (no error messages).

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Next mod up is to go full FX4 functionality on an XL. I ordered the switch for Hill Descent Control. Once installed I just need to activate HDC functionality and the button with forscan.

437844.jpg

Part # NZ6Z11500CA
Cost ~$73
I put the switch in today and it is not as straightforward as I thought. I've managed to turn on HDC so that it throws error messages but the button itself won't activate the HDC mode yet. Good news is the other 4 buttons work correctly.
Sponsored