The gearing is 3.81:1 vs. 3.63:1 but unclear if that's for the FX4 or 4k package... Which doesn't really matter since you have to get the 4k if you want the FX4 goodies! The tranny cooler is for the 4k.
Someone with a regular AWD and 4k could chime in with their specs maybe?
I was commenting on the OP post, not comparing to a hybrid.
For more comparing though: I get about 27mpg average with much more 'city' driving than highway but easily breaks into the low 30' on the highway.
Keep in mind the FX4's have a lower differential gearing than the other models/packages...
That looks about right. I have a '24 FX4 and on an early road trip (less than 5k miles at the time) from Tacoma WA to Post falls ID I got 33mpg there and a hair over 36mpg's on the way home..! Held it on cruise control at 70 mph as much as possible both way.
I was rather surprised too!
I'm pretty annoyed with the infotainment setup also!
The most mind-blowing thing about it is that it's guaranteed just a matter of software that needs a bit of fixing. Something that would take a handful of nerds a few days/weeks and cost nothing in Ford's budget. But it's been four years, zero...
Yeah that not why nitrogen is used!
It's to keep a more consistent pressure since nitrogen is less sensitive to temperature changes. Nitrogen molecules are also bigger than air (which makeup is many different gasses) that makes it 'leak' less, also contributing to a more stable air pressure.
To...
Not gonna happen. Much easier and cheaper to do software than hardware and also much bigger profits in selling a new screen and labor to replace it than one knob... since if one function in the whole system fails, you have to replace the whole unit!
The loss of the 'analog' gauges, engine power...
One thing not mentioned by anyone here about charging 240 watts thru USB, (which seems to be possible nowadays...) is that it's likely only possible from a charger for wall outlets, NOT a vehicle! There's only 12 volts in vehicles (reality is more since most charger around 13.5 - 13.9V) and that...
Cool trip to break-in both the truck and you to it!
What milage did you get? (Read that the hybrids are really good, I just need AWD, and also didn't want to wait a year and a half...)
I thought about using a drop too, have quite a bit laying around, but wanted something that didn't 'stick out'. But shaping some aluminum or stainless would be easy to make an even better fit. This was real quick and will see how it works first.