First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2006 Fusion, 2001 Ranger, Ford F53
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I adjusted my hood and the rattle went away. The hood was low in front. Anybody have the rubber band on the steering shaft under the dash. Only way to get it on was during the build.

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Must be disappointing right out of the gate but hopefully it will be taken care of. I'm sure it's in the truck but funny story. My wife's Passat had a rattle that was driving mr nuts. It sounded like it came from inside drivers door. Had it in to dealer and they could not find it. About 2 months later we got a new garage door with new remote. Guess what was rattling? Yep, garage door opener.

Skysail118

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 1st Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I must be lucky. I took delivery of my Maverick in March 22. Over 5K on it now and I don't have a rattle or squeak in the truck. My Maverick is pretty quiet. However, It took me a little while to get use to the whine of the hybrid engine, but I hardly notice it anymore.

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had this same issue, so I sympathize with the OP.
For those saying, "stop listening and it goes away," "turn the music up," "stop whining,"etc. if you had the issue, I bet you'd have a different opinion.

I was "lucky" that a rock cracked my Windshield 12 days after buying the truck. I say lucky because I paid my $100 insurance deductible and Safelite replaced it in a little over an hour and the rattle was gone. Others,besides the OP, have spent multiple trips over months with hours spent at the dealer and still no fix.

Anyways here's the Video I took of my windshield rattling off the frame less than a foot from my head before it was replaced. See if you could ignore it, it's louder in person.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Seems a lot Ford products were already over priced per the overall quality and Ford also jumped on the ADM bandwagon on their more popular vehicles. When there’s some F-150’s models starting in the $90k-$105k MSRP that’s just insane. Yes, I can understand inflation does play a part in it but in comparison to most manufacturers MSRP pricing seems Ford’s has increased at such higher percentage.

Any manufacturer can design and build and slap an inflated cost to any of their vehicles but it use to be the new model was improved but somehow they would manage to have reasonable starting price point as outgoing model or at least they would try to keep a low starting price point. In this world of inflation Chevy has somehow significantly improved the upcoming Chevy traxx but yet they are coming in at lower price points so it is possible if manufacturers actually try.
Plenty of Traxx on the lot at your local Chevy dealer. Maybe you should go buy one…

Hdscreens

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CT5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The updated Traxx isn’t out yet. Should be out in a couple months but my Bronco should finally be delivering in March. Just took delivery of a Cadillac 3 weeks ago so I might have to wait till summer anyway.

Plenty of Traxx on the lot at your local Chevy dealer. Maybe you should go buy one…

hacktracker

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disappointing in a new vehicle. I hope you're able to get that resolved in some way, shape, or form.

I frequently (weekly) drive 2 hours to see my grown son and then 2 hours home in the same day. I enjoy time without the radio to just relax and think. If my Maverick does this when it arrives, I'll be disappointed and working to get it fixed.

I hope I'm able to do this without sounding like a "complainer".

I actually appreciate you taking the time to film the issue and share.

OP
OP
Ozuye10

Ozuye10

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick, 22 4Runner, 16 Mazda6, 12 Camry, 04 R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Disappointing in a new vehicle. I hope you're able to get that resolved in some way, shape, or form.

I frequently (weekly) drive 2 hours to see my grown son and then 2 hours home in the same day. I enjoy time without the radio to just relax and think. If my Maverick does this when it arrives, I'll be disappointed and working to get it fixed.

I hope I'm able to do this without sounding like a "complainer".

I actually appreciate you taking the time to film the issue and share.
Sorry you’re having to drive that much in order to see your son. I did the same with my daughter for a long time, it’s tough on everyone. Hopefully you’ll have a tiptop Maverick to make that drive easier.

Sponsored

splitxc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading all these threads and finally convincing my dealer it was the winshield (thanks LilBuddy/gullzways for posting video and ensuing resolution) mine was fixed by them removing and then resealing the windshield. The windshield itself is still original just re-sealed.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After reading all these threads and finally convincing my dealer it was the winshield (thanks LilBuddy/gullzways for posting video and ensuing resolution) mine was fixed by them removing and then resealing the windshield. The windshield itself is still original just re-sealed.
Awesome! My truck is at the dealer for this issue...for I don't even know what time at this point. Hopefully they do the same for me.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

For those who have the ticking/clicking rattle like I had, there is hope.
Here's a follow up: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-a-minor-yet-major-annoyance.5422/post-507521
Thanks. I have an "official case" started with Ford on mine. Not in a super rush to get it into the dealer but will have to be dealt with. I am hoping that sooner than later Ford puts out a memo indicating it's the windshield seal and instructing dealers to just go ahead and do the re-seal when a customer brings a truck in with the issue...

Mmontano

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick!!! 2015 Mustang; 2021 Mach-E
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience with the windshield rattle (2023 XLT) that is affecting some of you.

I started hearing the rattling at about 1500 miles and it seemed to be affected by both weather and road conditions (the rougher the road the worse the rattle got).
Luckily for me a Ford rep was monitoring this forum and helped me create a case with Ford. I took my truck to my local dealership and I again I was super lucky to get a Great Service Advisor and a even Better Tech to be proactive and helped me out.
The truck was in the shop for about 1 week and after numerous attempts, the Tech did in fact diagnose that the rattle was a misaligned windshield. The dealership had a local glass guy come out and adjust the windshield's mounting and the rattle is a thing of the past.

Now I can drive in peace and hear all the other road noises that the rattle/tick were keeping me from hearing 😅!

Thank you Ford rep and Service/Tech team that helped me out.
Sponsored