First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody else having the dash rattle when it’s super cold out? It almost sounds the windshield is flexing against the dash or something. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t reproduce the sound, yeah ok 😂.
Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just dropped mine off at the dealer today for the same issue. I live in Southern CA and it makes the noise even when it's 50-60 degrees outside. I also have a rattle in the back seat from the rear windshield. The first time I took it in they said they couldn't reproduce it so I took 2 technicians on a test drive in the morning and luckily it made the noise with them inside.

OP
OP
TDawg

TDawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just dropped mine off at the dealer today for the same issue. I live in Southern CA and it makes the noise even when it's 50-60 degrees outside. I also have a rattle in the back seat from the rear windshield. The first time I took it in they said they couldn't reproduce it so I took 2 technicians on a test drive in the morning and luckily it made the noise with them inside.
Well that’s good you got the technicians to hear it. Hopefully it’s a common manufacturer defect they can put a TSB out for

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well that’s good you got the technicians to hear it. Hopefully it’s a common manufacturer defect they can put a TSB out for
Hopefully. I have a feeling the front rattle is a windshield fit issue that will require replacement of the windshield to fix at some point (perhaps they will need to redesign the windshield to make it a couple thousands of an inch smaller, increase the curve, or use a different type of adhesive or something). Some other members on here have reported stress cracks too which is concerning.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Anybody else having the dash rattle when it’s super cold out? It almost sounds the windshield is flexing against the dash or something. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t reproduce the sound, yeah ok 😂.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
TDawg

TDawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
3FTTW8F95NRA32708, Gordie Boucher Ford in Kenosha Wisconsin

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has had a similar rattle near the Driver side A pillar since I bought it. I called the dealer , and was told it was a month out just for a service appointment. I tried removing the trim and taping any loose connectors(airbag) but it made no difference. It almost has to be the window.

The windshield already cracked on the other side, so I have it scheduled to be replaced as soon as they get one in. I'll wait and see it that fixes the rattle. If not I'll take it to Ford because it is Bad.

Here is a video of it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZwLg4gZFybMgE1zeA

OP
OP
TDawg

TDawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Mine has had a similar rattle near the Driver side A pillar since I bought it. I called the dealer , and was told it was a month out just for a service appointment. I tried removing the trim and taping any loose connectors(airbag) but it made no difference. It almost has to be the window.

The windshield already cracked on the other side, so I have it scheduled to be replaced as soon as they get one in. I'll wait and see it that fixes the rattle. If not I'll take it to Ford because it is Bad.

Yeah Ford knows about it I’m sure. Seems like where the windshield meets the dash. Definitely worse in cold weather.

Here is a video of it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZwLg4gZFybMgE1zeA

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Technician: Good News! We found the rattle was just a marble in the ashtray!!!
Ford Maverick Dash rattle car repair

Sponsored

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I live in Hawaii and on my 1st bumpy road had the dreaded Rattle then it went away 🙃 must be the Hawaii heat because it hasn't come back

maverickdave1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Frontier
Worked at a gas station as a kid in the early 60s and one of the owners who had been a mechanic at a car dealer before he bought the station told a funny rattle story that I remember to this day. He said an owner brought a car in and said there was a light clunk in the driver's door when he turned a corner. The gas station owner was the mechanic on that car and after several attempts to find the noise with just the door panel off, he decided he had to take the window out of the door! After he removed the window and crank mechanism, he found a small Coke bottle tied to a string way up inside the door and the bottle had a note inside that read, I hope you have as much fun finding this as I did putting here. Don't know if the story was true, but hearing stories about car makers in the mid to late 50s, I can believe it! Hope all Maverick rattles are simple and easy to find!

AJH

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, CRV
So has anyone with this windshield rattle issue found a solution? I’ve had my truck in the shop 2 different times for a total time of 36 days and picked it up yesterday. Was assured they “fixed” it. I drove it for 20 minutes and as the temps started to drop I heard it again.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2007 mustang gt had a dash rattle. If I hit it or pushed it it would go away for a while. That car had an all plastic interior… Guess Ford hasn’t changed much over the years… My 2008 Kia is still silent!