First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted this elsewhere on this forum (I'm not experiencing this rattle so I haven't tried this on my Mav) -

This was a fix for my 1st Gen Tundra (and a lot of other folks too). It was a dash rattle where the windshield and the dash meet. Backer Rod from HD or Lowes; $4 for 20ft. Just tucked it in and the rattle was 99% gone.

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle dash-rattle-1-

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted this elsewhere on this forum (I'm not experiencing this rattle so I haven't tried this on my Mav) -

This was a fix for my 1st Gen Tundra (and a lot of other folks too). It was a dash rattle where the windshield and the dash meet. Backer Rod from HD or Lowes; $4 for 20ft. Just tucked it in and the rattle was 99% gone.

dash-rattle-1-jpg.jpg
What thickness of backer rod do you use? Thanks!

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Other got rid of it when replacing windshield -- which may be a matter of time (upright angle proned to rock chips).
Windshield replacement, due to rock crack, fixed my rattle.

I put the discontinued Aeroskin2 deflector on shortly after and it fixed the rock issue going on a year now. Rarely have anything hit the windshield including bugs due to the air deflection over it. Unfortunately, they discontinued it, probably due to hood shake, which was easily fixed with some adjustment of the hood bumpers and a hose over the rear hood seal.

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle IMG_20220412_130217 (3)

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What thickness of backer rod do you use? Thanks!
5/8" on my Tundra but 1/2" may work better on the Maverick. But $5ish a pop pickup both and see what fits best

Sponsored

OP
OP

MaverickCruiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2023 XLT Hybrid Cactus Grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

dash-rattle-1-jpg.jpg
Sad that this is necessary on a new vehicle

Bodageta

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
RICHARD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Chevrolet K1500, 1989 Corvette Conv
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll be watching this thread hoping for more information as events unfold because my Lariat has developed a dash rattle as well.
Thanks
I have the rattle too.

homerdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine too, just started yesterday. I wonder if there's any way to sync it up with the door rattle?

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sad that this is necessary on a new vehicle
I read your post and bought both 1/2 and 5/8 backer rod from my local ACE hardware. On my Lariat (with the acoustic windshield) the gap between the dashboard and windshield is not uniform. The 1/2 fit OK until it got about one third of the way across the dash when it was loose and then got snug again about two-thirds the way across. I pulled that out and installed the 5/8 which was snug all the way across. I left it little proud so it would make full contact with the windshild and the edge of the dash. It actually looks like factory. If it goes bad from sunlight/heat, it's cheap to replace and it takes a couple of minutes.
So far, the noise is gone. Mine only happened on gravel roads (we live on a gravel road).
Thanks for your help.

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle KIMG0169

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle KIMG0170

Ford Maverick Dash/windshield rattle KIMG0171

Jackfer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, I've had that infamous dash rattle since about, 6k miles. I now have 41k. The noise has disappeared, almost like the 2 parts that were making contact to cause the noise in the first place have worn down. Maybe higher mileage is something to look forward to, being there's no answer as of yet.

Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

dash-rattle-1-jpg.jpg
I tried that, didn’t help 🙁

peekaypee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Pickup, Maverick Lariat Hybrid & Tremor
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
Are these Ford Motor Company replies even Real? I mean, honestly, has anyone ever heard from them? I never did and don't think they are anybody really helping. Ugh!

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Are these Ford Motor Company replies even Real? I mean, honestly, has anyone ever heard from them? I never did and don't think they are anybody really helping. Ugh!
They're not here to help you. They're here to funnel complaints off the forum to their "customer service" center to make it seem like Ford aftercare support is worth a damn for folks in the market. 😉

RGS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I read your post and bought both 1/2 and 5/8 backer rod from my local ACE hardware. On my Lariat (with the acoustic windshield) the gap between the dashboard and windshield is not uniform. The 1/2 fit OK until it got about one third of the way across the dash when it was loose and then got snug again about two-thirds the way across. I pulled that out and installed the 5/8 which was snug all the way across. I left it little proud so it would make full contact with the windshild and the edge of the dash. It actually looks like factory. If it goes bad from sunlight/heat, it's cheap to replace and it takes a couple of minutes.
So far, the noise is gone. Mine only happened on gravel roads (we live on a gravel road).
Thanks for your help.

KIMG0169.jpg

KIMG0170.jpg

KIMG0171.jpg
Sponsored