First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dash rattle is driving me insane trying to figure out. Just picked up my truck and have taken the glove out to open and inspect. Sounds like passenger side very front right. Almost a squeaky rattle at any speeds over 15 with some amount of terrain. Could probably live with it but want so badly to diagnose and make sure not a bad windshield.
Did you ever fix your dash rattle? I picked up my maverick a couple weeks ago, and it sounds like I have the exact same rattle as you. At first I thought I could live with it, but it almost seems like it’s getting worse.
Sponsored

larry918

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
The dash rattle is driving me insane trying to figure out. Just picked up my truck and have taken the glove out to open and inspect. Sounds like passenger side very front right. Almost a squeaky rattle at any speeds over 15 with some amount of terrain. Could probably live with it but want so badly to diagnose and make sure not a bad windshield.
I fixed my rattle! Popped the A pillar cover off and sprayed some lube towards the dash at the bottom and at the top towards the head liner.

stretch119

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I fixed my rattle! Popped the A pillar cover off and sprayed some lube towards the dash at the bottom and at the top towards the head liner.
Awesome!

How do you remove the A pillar cover?

Also, what type of lubricant did you use?

splitxc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you ever fix your dash rattle? I picked up my maverick a couple weeks ago, and it sounds like I have the exact same rattle as you. At first I thought I could live with it, but it almost seems like it’s getting worse.
Yes it was fixed by dealer, they took of the windshield and re-sealed it.

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just dropped mine off at the dealer today for the same issue. I live in Southern CA and it makes the noise even when it's 50-60 degrees outside. I also have a rattle in the back seat from the rear windshield. The first time I took it in they said they couldn't reproduce it so I took 2 technicians on a test drive in the morning and luckily it made the noise with them inside.
Just picked up my 23 4 weeks ago . Same rattles plus some other issues . Not too happy with paint quality either.. Thinking I may trade in or sell it . Will not lose any money....

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just picked up my 23 4 weeks ago . Same rattles plus some other issues . Not too happy with paint quality either.. Thinking I may trade in or sell it . Will not lose any money....
I sold mine too. Ended up profiting 6k on it. But that was back at the height of the used car market/new car shortage. You can't go wrong selling it even if you break even. But definately get a couple quotes from all the car buying businesses like Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, Autonation and some local dealers first.

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I sold mine too. Ended up profiting 6k on it. But that was back at the height of the used car market/new car shortage. You can't go wrong selling it even if you break even. But definately get a couple quotes from all the car buying businesses like Carvana, Carmax, Vroom, Autonation and some local dealers first.
You convinced me...Gonna buy a toyota cross non hybrid. Still get 30 mpg and will last a lot longer...

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You convinced me...Gonna buy a toyota cross non hybrid. Still get 30 mpg and will last a lot longer...
I got a Corolla Hybrid. Absolutely zero complaints in 3k miles of driving it so far. Build quality is %100 better than Ford.

Best of luck. You might even be able to find a Cross Hybrid if you're lucky with no markup.

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forget about hybrid . They charge an extra 100 dollars for plates in Ohio for hybrid a year which buys a lot of gas. Only drive 5 -6 k a year when Mustang is in winter storage....

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hopefully. I have a feeling the front rattle is a windshield fit issue that will require replacement of the windshield to fix at some point (perhaps they will need to redesign the windshield to make it a couple thousands of an inch smaller, increase the curve, or use a different type of adhesive or something). Some other members on here have reported stress cracks too which is concerning.
Just as a data point on this theory: I never had a dash rattle until moments after my windshield took a big rock hit close to the bottom of the windshield. Had a friend riding with me when the rock struck, we pulled over for a moment, started driving again and here comes the rattle. Chip was repaired, and my rattle isn't a persistent thing, but it's there occasionally now. Eventually I expect the chip to spread (or I'll get another one, the third!) and the windshield will have to be replaced, at which point it'll be interesting to see what happens with the rattle.

Anita Cole Beer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
BW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 MAV XLT HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had good results on past vehicles including my current 23 Mav.XLT.... bought 1/2" by 6" pipe insulation for under $2 at Home Depot/Lowes, cut 1/2" strips about 10" long and used a plastic spatula to stuff the strips across the the dash at the windshield. I left about 1" unstuffed on each strip for easy removal in case the process was unsuccessful. It has worked well so far, my only rattle being my key chain
Ford Maverick Dash rattle IMG-2881
Ford Maverick Dash rattle IMG-2883
Ford Maverick Dash rattle IMG-2882
. I think being in a hot climate has not hurt, either. On another subject, I toned down the "hard orange" on the console...the 19 piece set is a bit more expensive at $25, but worth it to me.
Sponsored