Dash rattle

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So has anyone with this windshield rattle issue found a solution? I’ve had my truck in the shop 2 different times for a total time of 36 days and picked it up yesterday. Was assured they “fixed” it. I drove it for 20 minutes and as the temps started to drop I heard it again.
In this thread a gentleman has confirmed this horrible issue was resolved by safelite replacing his windshield and sealant! It’s been noise free since. Here is the thread…

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-a-minor-yet-major-annoyance.5422/post-271943
Sponsored

MtcARK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine makes the noise too on the passenger side. It is definitely related to cold and cooler temperatures. I believe it may come from the rubber strip on the exterior bottom side of the window. I sprayed some WD-40 there and it seemed to work for a few days but then it came back.

LC48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, AWD, Carbonized Gray. Highlander Lim
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was quiet until I had the windshield replaced (got hit by a large rock), and man did it make plenty of weird sounds. Looking closer I realized the replacement was not well centered and offset to the drivers side. I took it back and they pulled and re-set the glass centered and back to no noise.

Manager was not pleased with his techs at all, he said these newer windshields can be real sensitive to being properly aligned based on the way they are basically glued down, if not correct they bind as the body moves and in the best case give you lots of snaps and pops and in the worst case they will crack.

Another area that has been mentioned is an interference or tight fit between the tweeter grills and the a pillar trim.

Can be aggravating chasing these thing down

Sylvester

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mine rattles everywhere. I am just ignoring all the rattles. I really don't have the time to go to the dealership back and forth until they figure out what is going on there.

Sponsored

Tonyd322

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody else having the dash rattle when it’s super cold out? It almost sounds the windshield is flexing against the dash or something. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t reproduce the sound, yeah ok 😂.
Yep i'm having the same issue. When it's cold it's more noticeable.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So has anyone with this windshield rattle issue found a solution? I’ve had my truck in the shop 2 different times for a total time of 36 days and picked it up yesterday. Was assured they “fixed” it. I drove it for 20 minutes and as the temps started to drop I heard it again.
Have you tried turning up the radio?

Austun316

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xl
Hopefully. I have a feeling the front rattle is a windshield fit issue that will require replacement of the windshield to fix at some point (perhaps they will need to redesign the windshield to make it a couple thousands of an inch smaller, increase the curve, or use a different type of adhesive or something). Some other members on here have reported stress cracks too which is concerning.
What did the dealer do about the one in the rear

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody else having the dash rattle when it’s super cold out? It almost sounds the windshield is flexing against the dash or something. Took it to the dealer and they said they couldn’t reproduce the sound, yeah ok 😂.
Dealer replaced my dash

Sponsored

LIL’ Buddy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT (Luxury, 4K tow, 360)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer replaced my dash
Wow! Really….did this fix it? How long did it take for them to decide this? Details please! I am planning to let them have it for a laundry list.. this issue is top of the list since day one of ownership… it’s horrible

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow! Really….did this fix it? How long did it take for them to decide this? Details please! I am planning to let them have it for a laundry list.. this issue is top of the list since day one of ownership… it’s horrible
From the time they contacted ford tech till they got parts they had my truck in the shop 16 days and it’s perfect now no rattles they gave me loner while In the shop

Paulsr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang , escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the time they contacted ford tech till they got parts they had my truck in the shop 16 days and it’s perfect now no rattles they gave me loner while In the shop
Mine rattled cold or hot out side before fix

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OMG I'm not crazy.

I feel too I hear more rattles when it is cold vs. warm or hot. I attributed it to all the plastic and plastic being less, well, plastic when cold. It's all more firm and brittle when cold. I almost thought I was imagining it.

Haha48

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Had a rock clip changed the window now it'd gone. Also had water under the window ut wasn't installed properly
Sponsored