First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for the posts to use 5/8" backer rod. It and duct tape along plastic cowl at base of windshield cured 95% of my rattles. I had the Maverick to the dealer for the side curtain airbag recall and showed the service manager the duct tape job. They "found the panels under the cowl panel had loose screws". No more duct tape and a pretty rattle-free Maverick now.
Sponsored

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've been living with it for a year and it has absolutely soured me on the ownership experience.

It's going into the dealer again on Monday for the 17th time since April of last year.

I suggest you continue pushing the dealer and Ford to find a resolution for you.
Selling mine ...Going back to honda gonna get a base honda hrv....hate ford subpar quality interior paint and other issues...

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the posts to use 5/8" backer rod. It and duct tape along plastic cowl at base of windshield cured 95% of my rattles. I had the Maverick to the dealer for the side curtain airbag recall and showed the service manager the duct tape job. They "found the panels under the cowl panel had loose screws". No more duct tape and a pretty rattle-free Maverick now.
Why should WE have to do this?????DOne with Ford....goin back to honda ////

RevNation

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Why should WE have to do this?????DOne with Ford....goin back to honda ////
I bought a 2023 Honda CR-V hybrid sport for my wife and the quality of materials is far better. It’s also $8-10k more expensive, not as efficient, a/c sucks, infotainment has issues. I’ll make some more videos on it but overall it’s an excellent suv. We had an Acura RDX and it was pile of shit. No OEM is going to be perfect.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I bought a 2023 Honda CR-V hybrid sport for my wife and the quality of materials is far better. It’s also $8-10k more expensive, not as efficient, a/c sucks, infotainment has issues. I’ll make some more videos on it but overall it’s an excellent suv. We had an Acura RDX and it was pile of shit. No OEM is going to be perfect.
I think I'll just keep my rattles.

The last two cars I had before this truck were Subarus. Both had un-fixable rattles and the infotainment systems sucked much worse than the Maverick's. Bluetooth on the Subies would seldom connect quickly or stay connected.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Coming from a Tesla - the Maverick feels like a vacuum chamber.

However I do have a dash "rattle" more like a very faint popping and also one in the passenger a pillar or door.

It's a truck, I'll live with it.

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Selling mine ...Going back to honda gonna get a base honda hrv....hate ford subpar quality interior paint and other issues...
You'll end up hating the 1.5 direct injection turbo where gas gets mixed into the oil even more.
Has Honda fixed the gas/oil mixing on their turbo engines yet?

Brvmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brvqz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well 500 miles in my Maverick developed the infamous dash/windshield rattle. At first it was bearable with the radio on but has gotten progressively worse. Taking it in to the dealer Thursday. Hoping they will be able to fix it, but sounds like this is the first time they'll be experiencing this issue

The noise comes from the dashboard that lifted up on me.
Sponsored