2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yep reviews were mentioning the tranny getting heated off/road and its ability to offroad were not awesome-
I think it was the HRG guy that was mentioning it was overheating easily and cuts power. I have no concerns with the engine, transmission, or AWD system so far on the Maverick. They're quite capable.
Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine doesn't have any squeaks or rattles. Once I "moved in" as far as all the things I have in the side pockets and cubbies, those things make noises over bumps and stuff.

My daughter's Accord had a buzz vibration that 3 trips to the dealer couldn't fix. I took a business card and wedged it between the interior panels and the problem was solved.

Personally I wouldn't raise a fuss over such a minor issue. I didn't hear rattles in your video.
Dealer is my last choice for minor issues like this. My last 4 new Ford's never saw the dealer again after purchase. I just prefer them to not touch it.

y2kmetal

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a rattle problem too on the right side dash, only on rough streets. It is a hybrid truck for $23k in 2022, cheaper than a used car back then so can't complain. Braking at almost stop speed is jerky sometimes too, but oh well. It is a great car overall.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Esteban88

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback, Maverick XL hybrid (ordered)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps I'm old school because I think a brand new car should be in mint condition with no issues no matter what you paid for it. Perhaps Americans have become conditioned to accept lower quality consumer goods.

sanpablo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Shelby GT500, 1999 Ford Windstar
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perhaps I'm old school because I think a brand new car should be in mint condition with no issues no matter what you paid for it. Perhaps Americans have become conditioned to accept lower quality consumer goods.
Of course I was just kidding but after waiting for my 10/13/21 order I'm getting kind of nutzy!! lol

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ooh another generalization putting down “those darn Americans”. 🙄

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I agree with the OP. If I paid 25-35k for a new vehicle and it had issues, I would try to get it fixed too. There are too many people here on this forum that make fun of good people pointing out an issue that is common for this vehicle. Please try to help the OP and refrain from the unnecessary name calling.
Boo Hoo - as someone that has a Youtube Channel - If you cant stand some folks commenting in a negative way then you shouldn't put it out there. That's part of it. Life is full of folks that might disagree with you, participation trophies are worthless and people that felt the video was crap aren't called to "help" anyone just because they don't want to hurt someones feelings. Youtube isn't a "safe space" sorry.

Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On the bright side, mine is working great! That’s all that really matters…My apple car play screen has went dark quite a bit but whatever

TS900

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit 150 eco-boost surprisingly quick ,
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Back in 2008 I bought a GT 500 new out of state and later when I looked under it I saw a lot of rust they did not paint axle or a lot of other items, but it was a cheap car msrp $48,000 I ended up getting rid of it quick, as Ford said rust coverage was only if rust perforated all the way thru.. LOL after that I bought a 2010 Dodge Callenger R/T and it was real nice under neath night and day compared to Ford, later my son bought a 2016 Camaro and it was perfect underneath also, my GT 500 was not the only one not painted under neath, a friend bought one and put his up on a lift and spent about a week sanding and painting his $55K GT 500
One thing very few people do when buying a car is to look under car to check for damage, etc.. I do now if possible did not get a chance on our new Mavericks till the transporter showed up everything was fine, a friend once had his car in body shop SHO Taurus I think and when they called and said it was ready he went and for some reason looked under car and it was bashed in, they had moved the car with a fork lift and really messed it up
As far as rattles our roads are decent around here so haven't heard any thing yet, some people have said its a cheap truck but ours were over $36K and considering my 1st new car a 1971 Chevy Nova was $3100 seems like a lot of money to me LOL man have times changed back then I was making big money around $150 a week

Last edited:

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile Sante cruzs are having their transmissions replaced with similar mileage on them. There was a guy who's Sante Cruz had the transmission replaced before it was even delivered to the dealership.
That is only on the Turbo models. The Aspirated engine models don't appear to have those issues. (different tranny) I posted on this site that anyone considering an SC should stay away from the Turbo until they actually fix it. Taking those in for the dealers to do a software update doesn't fix it IMHO. TFL spoke to that issue when the one guy bought one for himself and stayed away from the Turbo. The turbo models also don't do as well offroad.
Sponsored