First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Probably supply constrained so they went with a smaller screen.

It happens, especially during a pandemic. 🤷
Sponsored

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if they would have positioned the screen in the same angle that would have been perfect vs 90 as if your eye balls were on the waistline.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if they would have positioned the screen in the same angle that would have been perfect vs 90 as if your eye balls were on the waistline.
My gangsta driving position makes the screen level with my sight line. :cool:

Ford Maverick Early Maverick Sketches Included Bigger Display Screen 1655856881925

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forget the screen, the green accents and fabric-like textures on doors are where it’s at!

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anybody offer navigation anymore? If so, why?
Built in navigation usually gets dated quickly and isn’t updated like apple or google maps. My 2012 Ram had navigation. Trust me, it wasn’t very helpful. Ram gave me the chance to update the maps for $150, but it wouldn’t have changed the overall software, just destination points and road paths.
So yeah, built-in nav can have drawbacks if they won’t upgrade the whole system over time.

Sponsored

fourwheelsandadream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
This reminds me of one of those stadium sketches where it looks absolutely amazing in renderings but nothing like the finished product. I really doubt they change that much for MY23

riverrat373

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Escape, 2009 Ford f150 Supercab 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't believe all the complaints about the size of the screen when the Maverick is the least expensive truck on the market today. ‼

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've yet to notice the screen since I spend my time admiring the fancy slip-on accelerator/brake pedal covers...

Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Built in navigation usually gets dated quickly and isn’t updated like apple or google maps. My 2012 Ram had navigation. Trust me, it wasn’t very helpful. Ram gave me the chance to update the maps for $150, but it wouldn’t have changed the overall software, just destination points and road paths.
So yeah, built-in nav can have drawbacks if they won’t upgrade the whole system over time.
Google maps is vastly superior to every built-in nav system I've ever seen in pretty much every way. It can be a little information-dense, which is usually good, but can make the 8inch screen feel a little cramped. Maps is really the only reason I'd want a bigger screen in the Mav - it's the only thing I routinely have to look at on the screen.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Google maps is vastly superior to every built-in nav system I've ever seen in pretty much every way. It can be a little information-dense, which is usually good, but can make the 8inch screen feel a little cramped. Maps is really the only reason I'd want a bigger screen in the Mav - it's the only thing I routinely have to look at on the screen.
I suppose the only shortcoming is the internet connectivity aspect vs. local cache for situations where you lose cell signal or your phone explodes/implodes/is lost/is stolen or something. For the former part of that, you can pre-cache areas of google maps navigation manually, but I'm guessing most people either don't know you can do or don't think ahead to do it for the areas they are (going to be) traveling in.

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe they'll offer a retrofit kit in the future. Assuming larger screen on next gen models.
Sponsored