First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anybody offer navigation anymore? If so, why?
It's available in the Ranger. My wife's 21' Eco has it.

Why wouldn't you want it? I have to tether my phone if I need Nav now instead. My phone also barely holds a cable now, so I am going to have to upgrade that sooner than I would have liked because the Mav doesn't have this feature.
Sponsored

Jmav2152

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Mav, 15' KTM 1190 ADV R, 19' Husq TE250i
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also should have came with Nav.
I have never experienced a OEM NAV any where close to being as user friendly, accurate, and supported regularly as Google maps via android auto.

Now with that, the non-Lariat Lux models are suffering a bit on the AA/carplay experience but from a manufacturing stand point it doesn't make sense to include NAV when(I'm willing to bet on this) most people would prefer to integrate with their phone.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Why wouldn't you want it? I have to tether my phone if I need Nav now instead. My phone also barely holds a cable now, so I am going to have to upgrade that sooner than I would have liked because the Mav doesn't have this feature.
Because smartphone apps are superior to navigation, in multiple ways. I'm not keen on paying extra for things that are actually functionally inferior to something I already have. Getting a new phone might be cheaper than the cost of navigation, and sounds like you needed a new phone anyways, so I'm not really seeing the downside in your case either.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Because smartphone apps are superior to navigation, in multiple ways. I'm not keen on paying extra for things that are actually functionally inferior to something I already have. Getting a new phone might be cheaper than the cost of navigation, and sounds like you needed a new phone anyways, so I'm not really seeing the downside in your case either.
No, I didn't need a new phone, and my pickup also has wireless charging which is redundant when having to tether. I don't find the apps superior at all. Great it works for you. I would have paid for the option. Because that is what I WANT.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I don't know if this is true anymore, but don't native navigation systems require updating and $$$ to be up to date with new streets, highway construction, etc...? Google maps and others of their ilk are always up to date and free.

I read early on about Ford's thinking about this and their research found that most people use their phone's navigation even when the vehicle is equipped with navigation, which is why Ford did not include it with the Maverick as a cost cutting measure. Unfortunately, you were in the minority of their research.

Also, I would suggest looking into purchasing an Apply Carplay/Android Auto wireless adapter. It's easily one of my favorite accessories I've gotten for my Maverick.

I went with the AAWireless. It connects within 10-15 seconds and has worked flawlessly.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if this is true anymore, but don't native navigation systems require updating and $$$ to be up to date with new streets, highway construction, etc...? Google maps and others of their ilk are always up to date and free.

I read early on about Ford's thinking about this and their research found that most people use their phone's navigation even when the vehicle is equipped with navigation, which is why Ford did not include it with the Maverick as a cost cutting measure. Unfortunately, you were in the minority of their research.

Also, I would suggest looking into purchasing an Apply Carplay/Android Auto wireless adapter. It's easily one of my favorite accessories I've gotten for my Maverick.

I went with the AAWireless. It connects within 10-15 seconds and has worked flawlessly.
The Ranger Technology package 501A includes Navigation. the Maverick's does not. Heck, you have to bundle in a more expensive package on the Mav and it still doesn't include it. I will look into that adapter though, good tip.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boxster, Yamaha FJ1300, Maverick XL
Well alrighty then.

:ROFLMAO:

No, I didn't need a new phone, and my pickup also has wireless charging which is redundant when having to tether. I don't find the apps superior at all. Great it works for you. I would have paid for the option. Because that is what I WANT.

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Even today, most navigation systems do not do updates over the air and those updates aren't free. Reality is, very few people use navigation anymore because they have a smartphone and haven't since Car Play and Android Auto came out ('14 and '15). Even if you have neither, IMO a phone on a mount is still superior in most ways. I was shocked to find out that Ford actually offered it in cars so recently. There may be a few holdovers who prefer navigation, but those people are probably going to be SOL on any new car within the next few years.

Last edited:

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
Fire the people that signed off on the production dashboard. This looks so much better.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I have a 2013 Fusion with Navigation. Ford wants a little over $100 to update it though there are sellers on eBay that sell it for around $70.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even today, most navigation systems do not do updates over the air and those updates aren't free. Reality is, very few people use navigation anymore because they have a smartphone and haven't since Car Play and Android Auto came out ('14 and '15). Even if you have neither, IMO a phone on a mount is still superior in most ways. I was shocked to find out that Ford actually offered it in cars so recently. There may be a few holdovers who prefer navigation, but those people are probably going to be SOL on any new car within the next few years.
I installed a Kenwood DVD/nav head unit years ago in my previous car. Once it came time to update the maps, I passed on the $99 software fee, and used that money on a magnetic phone mount and Bluetooth adapter to patch the audio thru my speakers for much cheaper.

The sync 3 on my lariat is a step up from my previous set up but is essentially the same thing but more integrated with the Infotainment system. I love it!

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2013 Fusion with Navigation. Ford wants a little over $100 to update it though there are sellers on eBay that sell it for around $70.
So they're still running that scam. Lol I'll take Google maps on my phone for $Free.99 all day.
Sponsored