Sponsored

Do your own oil changes (avoid dealer service)!

DoubleR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Altima, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I always do maintenance myself. I don't trust others touching my vehicles, and their prices. Oil changes, rear diff fluid, PTU fluid, transmission fluid, tire rotations.... all done by me.
Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am a service advisor at a luxury European brand. I can tell you for a fact getting qualified technicians is getting increasingly difficult. We pay big numbers and offer signing bonuses and it is still a real struggle. We are also in a major market. Your location says a corn field, so combine being potentially in a small market and it being a low end dealer and good luck having your service done by someone who is really good.
Oil change tech, shouldn't be hard to train. More like no one really want to train the new oil change tech in detail, such as "Hey, watch out on these screws for the skid plate. Don't over torque it. Go gentle on it, and no power too unless the tool has a clutch to set to low torque." More often than not, just toss the new guy onto the job and tell them a few basic things, like where to look up how much oil for the car and filters, then left the tech to just do the work.

Also, teach the guy to own it up and let the dealer knows if he screwed up, instead of just not saying a word and return the vehicle to the customer with striped screws like OP here.

LM42

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oil change tech, shouldn't be hard to train. More like no one really want to train the new oil change tech in detail, such as "Hey, watch out on these screws for the skid plate. Don't over torque it. Go gentle on it, and no power too unless the tool has a clutch to set to low torque." More often than not, just toss the new guy onto the job and tell them a few basic things, like where to look up how much oil for the car and filters, then left the tech to just do the work.

Also, teach the guy to own it up and let the dealer knows if he screwed up, instead of just not saying a word and return the vehicle to the customer with striped screws like OP here.
Again, your experience at non luxury vs luxury is going to vary. And it may vary WILDY.

BobR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux FWD, Maverick XLT AWD FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 25k miles on my 2022 XLT with off road FX4 package, all wheel drive, and Ecoboost engine and tow package.
I have my own shop behind the house with a lift in it and I do my own oil changes. I am here in Florida where it's hot and I tow a fair amount so I change my oil with Mobil 1 ever 3-4k miles. I know, everyone tells me it is too often, I just did my 7th oil change. It comes out really dirty when I change it. I think the GDI engine produces lots of carbon and that hot turbo here in Florida doesn't help. I also use a can of CRC Intake valve and turbo cleaner every 10k just before the oil change to keep carbon from building up on the back of the intake valves and turbo vanes.
Those clips on the front of the metal skid plate are super thin and not very sturdy. If you use anything but hand tools you will strip them out.
I have 2 Mavericks, the XLT and a Lariat. They both have over 20k miles and are running perfectly and have not given me the first problem.
Ford Maverick Do your own oil changes (avoid dealer service)! 20220601_153554

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's why if it is not warranty work I do it myself. If it's something too big for me to handle or don't have the exact tools to do it I have a couple garages that I trust and take it to them. I have to have the airbag recall taken care of and the second recall for the fire problem on the hybrids I have been putting it off for quite a while I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get it done or not ⁉. I've heard horror stories from other members that when they do the airbag recall the inside headliner plastic pieces are never the same and when you think about it that's really sad. 🤔🤐😱👎☠
I have been putting off the airbag recall as well for the same reason, lack of trust in any dealership doing it correctly. My question would be what exactly is wrong with the airbags they installed. Will they do the job as it seems the ones being recalled may be perfectly functional?

Sponsored

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My question would be what exactly is wrong with the airbags they installed. Will they do the job as it seems the ones being recalled may be perfectly functional?
The airbags "displace" a few millimeters more than the regulation allows.

"The displacement results for the front lower primary target was 111.9 mm which exceeds the federal regulation of 100 mm."
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/FORD/MAVERICK/PU%252FCC/FWD#recalls

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...22-vehicles-affected-64-974.18940/post-447299

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been putting off the airbag recall as well for the same reason, lack of trust in any dealership doing it correctly. My question would be what exactly is wrong with the airbags they installed. Will they do the job as it seems the ones being recalled may be perfectly functional?
I'm not sure if when it comes out if it's a couple ml short or a couple of ml long when fully inflated in a accident But that is the problem 🤔😱❓

AltoBlueLariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The last time my dealer changed the oil they they put the filter back on so tight I couldn't even get it off using the correct size cap style filter wrench. I'll do it myself from now on.

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The airbags "displace" a few millimeters more than the regulation allows.

"The displacement results for the front lower primary target was 111.9 mm which exceeds the federal regulation of 100 mm."
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2022/FORD/MAVERICK/PU%252FCC/FWD#recalls

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...22-vehicles-affected-64-974.18940/post-447299
Thanks for the information. I drove a vehicle without any side air bags for close to 50 years, so this just doesn't bother me knowing that.

Zotman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid, Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I suspect that those who needed an airbag and didn't have one are unable to post...

Sponsored

DoubleR

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nissan Altima, 2015 Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 25k miles on my 2022 XLT with off road FX4 package, all wheel drive, and Ecoboost engine and tow package.
I have my own shop behind the house with a lift in it and I do my own oil changes. I am here in Florida where it's hot and I tow a fair amount so I change my oil with Mobil 1 ever 3-4k miles. I know, everyone tells me it is too often, I just did my 7th oil change. It comes out really dirty when I change it. I think the GDI engine produces lots of carbon and that hot turbo here in Florida doesn't help. I also use a can of CRC Intake valve and turbo cleaner every 10k just before the oil change to keep carbon from building up on the back of the intake valves and turbo vanes.
Those clips on the front of the metal skid plate are super thin and not very sturdy. If you use anything but hand tools you will strip them out.
I have 2 Mavericks, the XLT and a Lariat. They both have over 20k miles and are running perfectly and have not given me the first problem.
20220601_153554.jpg
I also change oil every 3,000 to 4,000 miles. I also use Seafoam Spray on my intake every 10,000 miles...

Bigred

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F250 4x4 7.3 Diesel, 2024 Maverick Lariat 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No reason to have the dealer do an oil change unless it’s free.

OP
OP
Aspidochelone

Aspidochelone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No reason to have the dealer do an oil change unless it’s free.
I expected to be able to have the dealer do it the first time so I didn't have to, but I guess not. It was only $44 anyway but it should've been free though since they didn't do it right.
Sponsored