First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week I did my first oil change in my XL Hybrid. I took advantage of unseasonably warm temperatures in Maryland in February. Mileage was 10600miles with about 16% oil life per the vehicle’s monitor.

All in all, very easy process and drain plug and filter are conveniently located. A shoutout to @Shay for his oil change video. The most time consuming part is unbolting (15) T30 fasteners.

I used Mobil One and Fram extended life filter. ( the factory filter seemed awfully small). Of note, I frequently check my oil dipstick ( every fill up typically. I think it’s being diligent/my wife thinks it’s just me being OCD) and have not noticed any consumption issues . The underbody guard does a commendable job keeping that area clean.

I also chose this time to change the engine air filter ( barely dirty ) and the cabin air filter ( surprisingly dirty) . Judging by driving habits, I’ll be doing an oil change twice a year.

I also plan on replacing the underbody tray with an aluminum one with a panel to access the drain/filter in the future.
Sponsored

dhill59

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2014 MX5 Club
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is the replacement oil filter number? I also typically use a larger filter.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the replacement oil filter number? I also typically use a larger filter.
Same here.

I usually have a parts list on my computer of the oil type, filter sizes, and other such. This reminds me that I haven't done one for the Maverick yet.

I'll have to fix that, lol.

OP
OP

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe oil filter was PH 3614 size extended life
Air filter Motorcraft FA1948
Cabin: PC99542P ( Amazon no name brand . I think PG filters)

Rod

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Last week I did my first oil change in my XL Hybrid. I took advantage of unseasonably warm temperatures in Maryland in February. Mileage was 10600miles with about 16% oil life per the vehicle’s monitor.

All in all, very easy process and drain plug and filter are conveniently located. A shoutout to @Shay for his oil change video. The most time consuming part is unbolting (15) T30 fasteners.

I used Mobil One and Fram extended life filter. ( the factory filter seemed awfully small). Of note, I frequently check my oil dipstick ( every fill up typically. I think it’s being diligent/my wife thinks it’s just me being OCD) and have not noticed any consumption issues . The underbody guard does a commendable job keeping that area clean.

I also chose this time to change the engine air filter ( barely dirty ) and the cabin air filter ( surprisingly dirty) . Judging by driving habits, I’ll be doing an oil change twice a year.

I also plan on replacing the underbody tray with an aluminum one with a panel to access the drain/filter in the future.
I agree with your wife. Every fill up?

Sponsored

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do these aluminum underbody panels exist already or something you're looking to cook up? I'd like to dump that felt mess too.
@MDmaverick - Whatever your solution ends up being, please post photos and details here. Sounds like something several of us might want to look into.

OP
OP

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@MDmaverick - Whatever your solution ends up being, please post photos and details here. Sounds like something several of us might want to look into.

My neighbor is a welder and more importantly has access to a five axis machine . This would allow him to properly scan the underbody tray and literally fabricate it out of aluminum with precise tolerances. He would have to add the removable oil change panel that I want. This hopefully will be a spring project. ( as as aside, he did a fantastic skid plate for his truck)

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My neighbor is a welder and more importantly has access to a five axis machine . This would allow him to properly scan the underbody tray and literally fabricate it out of aluminum with precise tolerances. He would have to add the removable oil change panel that I want. This hopefully will be a spring project. ( as as aside, he did a fantastic skid plate for his truck)
That's awesome. Would like to see this project even more now.

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did my oil change without jacking up the truck. Let it stand there and drain

Sponsored

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I used Mobil One and Fram extended life filter. ( the factory filter seemed awfully small). Of note, I frequently check my oil dipstick ( every fill up typically. I think it’s being diligent/my wife thinks it’s just me being OCD) and have not noticed any consumption issues .
As a former Air Force Vehicle Operator/Dispatcher (603X1/4A2X1) I commend you on your diligence on operator maintenance, AIM HIGH!

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe oil filter was PH 3614 size extended life
Air filter Motorcraft FA1948
Cabin: PC99542P ( Amazon no name brand . I think PG filters)
The correct Motorcraft replacement oil filter is a FL-910-S, which is larger than the original factory-installed filter.

I purchased 5-6 at less than $6 each plus Motorcraft cabin filters and air filters with my points through Chapman Ford online: TheOEMparts.com

Last edited:

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree with your wife. Every fill up?
Why not? Sounds like a good habit even if it seems excessive. Get the gas filling then check the oil. Probably get the hood down before the fuel handle kicks off.

OP
OP

MDmaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Xl
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The correct Motorcraft replacement oil filter is a FL-910-S, which is larger than the original factory-installed filter.

I purchased 5-6 at less than $6 each plus Motorcraft cabin filters and air filters with my points through Chapman Ford online
TheOEMparts.com

You are correct. The part number is Fram specific.

rivermaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Fusion (UK), MEV Sonic7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone noticed that Ford recommend synthetic blend engine oil for the EcoBoost but full synthetic for the hybrid, I wonder why!
Sponsored