First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early. Procedure is straight forward, even with the bajillion T27 fasteners you need to remove to take the splash shield down. Threw on a Motorcraft FL910S and filled her up with 5.5 qts of Valvoline 0W-20. All in all pretty productive morning and even got to put my new DeWalt 3/8 socket set from Costco to work. Definitely didn't need it, but a great buy at $20 and takes up less space then my Husky that I kept behind the backseat.

Ford Maverick First Oil Change on Hybrid Maverick XLT -- my notes / tips IMG_4044.JPG
Ford Maverick First Oil Change on Hybrid Maverick XLT -- my notes / tips IMG_4046.JPG
Ford Maverick First Oil Change on Hybrid Maverick XLT -- my notes / tips IMG_4047.JPG

Ford Maverick First Oil Change on Hybrid Maverick XLT -- my notes / tips IMG_4045.JPG
Sponsored

BoboysTruck

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Focus, Juke
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's awesome. I did mine at 5,373 miles on 2/27. I also used OEM filter but I used Mobil1 just because it says ALSO FOR HYBRIDS.
Ford Maverick First Oil Change on Hybrid Maverick XLT -- my notes / tips 20220319_141619

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I'm curious with a hybrid how often do you really need to change the oil if you're doing a lot of City driving.
Internal combustion engines require oil changes at least once a year no matter how many miles you drive. Acids and other combustion byproducts contaminate the oil and start destroying the engine from the inside out.
Especially if the engine doesn't reach operating temperature by going to the local market.

norwichnickwilson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Put right over 3k on my Maverick since picking her up in mid January, and, with the smaller factory filter thought I'd go ahead and change it a little early. Procedure is straight forward, even with the bajillion T27 fasteners you need to remove to take the splash shield down. Threw on a Motorcraft FL910S and filled her up with 5.5 qts of Valvoline 0W-20. All in all pretty productive morning and even got to put my new DeWalt 3/8 socket set from Costco to work. Definitely didn't need it, but a great buy at $20 and takes up less space then my Husky that I kept behind the backseat.

IMG_4044.JPG
IMG_4046.JPG
IMG_4047.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG
Changed my oil at 3000 miles as well. It’s incredible how tight they put on that filter from the factory!!

Sponsored

norwichnickwilson

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Internal combustion engines require oil changes at least once a year no matter how many miles you drive. Acids and other combustion byproducts contaminate the oil and start destroying the engine from the inside out.
Especially if the engine doesn't reach operating temperature by going to the local market.
Totally agree!

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good work OP! I think I'll go the easy route and just get it done at the dealership lol. I'm close to 4k miles and plan on getting it done at 5k.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....I've never seen anyone draw a face on their oil filter before. :unsure:

OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
lol....I've never seen anyone draw a face on their oil filter before. :unsure:
It makes me smile. And I’m pretty sure it adds 50HP and 20MPG 😂

Sponsored

agrofarm100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
carrington
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit and super duty ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the oil filter be removed from the top/ with hood up? Also is the dipstick tube straight into the engine? Meaning not curved.

I use an oil pump to remove the oil on several vehicles I have now. Just wondering if I could do the oil change from the topside.

I don't have my Maverick yet and haven't seen one with the hood up.

OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can the oil filter be removed from the top/ with hood up? Also is the dipstick tube straight into the engine? Meaning not curved.

I use an oil pump to remove the oil on several vehicles I have now. Just wondering if I could do the oil change from the topside.

I don't have my Maverick yet and haven't seen one with the hood up.
No, you’re going to have to get under it to get the filter off. Even if you could somehow contort yourself to get it, the shield would just leave you a mess of oil to clean up. The transfer pump may work though. Not really sure as it seems like the dipstick kind of twists going in, so I’m not sure it’s a straight shot.

agrofarm100

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
carrington
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda fit and super duty ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you
No, you’re going to have to get under it to get the filter off. Even if you could somehow contort yourself to get it, the shield would just leave you a mess of oil to clean up. The transfer pump may work though. Not really sure as it seems like the dipstick kind of twists going in, so I’m not sure it’s a straight shot.

OP
OP
BeardedK

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine