Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honda Ridgeline or Ford Ranger.
Sponsored

MtcARK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before I saw a random YouTube video of the Maverick on June 10th, only 2 days after the official reveal, I was going to get an suv when my current car died. I was looking at a Audi Q5 or Kia Telluride.

Then this little truck came to me as if Ford saw me at Home Depot loading bags mulch into my cars trunk(it would only take me 3 trips to get the 12 bags I usually need) and made a truck for me. Glad the timing worked out and I will now save well over $20k and get a truck!

Long story short. What were you originally planning on buying before the Mav was presented to you on a silver platter?
Santa Cruz. I loved the concept. But as spy photos started showing that it was just a Tucson with a small bed, I became less and less interested.

In the interim before the Maverick spy photos were hitting the news, I was considering a 2021 or 22 F-150. But by the time I get it equipped with all the things I want, it pushes $60K! And I really want to downsize. I just don't need a big truck anymore. And I despise the current Ranger. But I have bloviated on that around here enough.

I've also considered the '22 Frontier. I like it a lot. Looks so much better than the Titan.

But Maverick just checks off nearly every box for me. I just wish they had something just a little bit more upmarket than Lariat trim. An ST, Sport, Tremor, Limited, Raptor, something a little better would be nice. But I can hang!
I was not looking at all...

bcording

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariat Hybrid
Before the Mav I was looking at keeping my 2010 Toyota Corolla with 200k+ miles another 10 years or 200k miles.

BilesSTL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Sport
Ranger or Colorado

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was not looking at all...
This, was looking at the ranger in my garage! My Maverick is so much better though, not looking back for a second.

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I still had 12 months remaining on a lease for a 2019 Trax. I planned to go with a Maverick when the lease was up. I looked up the payoff to buy the Trax and realized I could sell it for profit. The GM dealer gave me $4,000 over payoff so I turned I sold it and got out of the lease early with $4,000 in my pocket. I advanced my plans ahead 12 months to get a Maverick.

Ron Neal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a new Colorado in 2015 and loved it, bought a new ranger in late 2019 and it rode a little rougher but that was prolly due to the factory FX suspension mods. Both good trucks but I wanted something smaller and with those trucks you still need a step ladder to reach something in the bed from the side unless you have arms like Mr Gadget. Sold the Ranger after 6 months for more than I paid for it and still waiting for my Maverick.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought a new Colorado in 2015 and loved it, bought a new ranger in late 2019 and it rode a little rougher but that was prolly due to the factory FX suspension mods. Both good trucks but I wanted something smaller and with those trucks you still need a step ladder to reach something in the bed from the side unless you have arms like Mr Gadget. Sold the Ranger after 6 months for more than I paid for it and still waiting for my Maverick.
I traded my 2019 ranger fx4 for the Maverick. I liked the ride of the ranger but it was silly how bouncy it was. Not fun for passengers as it seems it of control! Fun as the driver though.

The mav is night and day better, in fx4 build! Drives like a lengthened firm sports car. I've owned some reasonably nice vehicles of the 20 or so we have owned, mav is easily top 3 ride quality.

jimmyu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking at the new electric VW microbus, but that’s not coming out until 2024 and I needed something a lot sooner.

Thedeanofmean

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
I looked at dozens of used vehicles, from several manufacturers. I never buy new, because of depreciation.

The Maverick is a better deal new and a better fit for me, than any used vehicle I have found in this insane market.

It is the first, and I expect the last, new vehicle for me - unless the used market insanity continues.
Couldnt agree with that reason any more

Sponsored

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since my lease was coming due, and I need a vehicle, I went to Ford.com to see what another lease for an Escape would be. I have loved my Escape's. I'm not a car buff, I don't pay attention to what's out there, I just need a vehicle. I saw the Maverick and the price and I was sold.

lmbrjackpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 HB Premium
I wasn't, I had bought my new Mazda 3 Hatch earlier this year and then saw this come out. While I like my Mazda I can't see myself driving it long term, especially when thinking about buying a house in the next couple years and being more of a DIYer when it comes to house remodeling and repair.

Waited to see some reviews for it but couldn't avoid pulling the trigger. Such a perfect little truck. I miss my old 90s Ranger I had when I first got my license and this checks the boxes with that plus the more modern features and commodities. Not to mention the great MPG for the hybrid.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was looking at a Honda Ridgline

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wasn't expecting to buy at all. I had heard about the Maverick months ago and saw a picture of the exterior and that was it. I didn't pique my interest becuse I thought it was an all electric vehicle. I didn't research it and didn't know it was a hybrid or that it was available with the 2.0L turbo.

So last week I had some new OEM 17" alloy wheels for my Escape installed and parked it in front of the dealer after I picked it up from service. I think I went back in to use the bathroom before I left. When I came out I noticed a Maverick in Area 51 color parked behind me. I thought to myself "well that looks pretty cool" So I walked over and took a look at it. I was surprised to find it had the 2.0L turbo engine in it. I figured just for the heck of it I would ask the dealer what my 2018 Escape was worth for a trade in. After he told me what it was worth, I walked out then thought about it a second as I opened the door of my Escape and was about to get in. I closed the door and walked back into the dealer and took it for a test drive. I ended up putting my order in for an XLT AWD in Area 51 blue on 11/1.

Funny thing is, after I traded in my 2012 Focus hatchback I got my Escape even though I'm not an SUV/CUV person. Now I'm getting the Maverick even though I never really liked pickups that much. I preferred wagons and hatchbacks. Just really liked the size, interior and the car like driving of the Maverick. I think the Maverick is something like 21 inches longer than my Escape.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wasn't in the market at all. I was planning on driving my 2012 F-150 Lariat that I had in storage for another 3 years after I got back from overseas. Then some a-hole stole it.

I didn't know the Maverick was even a thing at that time. Poking around on the Ford sight I came across it then went hunting for information. Now I have one on order and will take delivery here if they can get it built.
Sponsored