Sponsored

Before Maverick, what were you looking at?

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Before I saw a random YouTube video of the Maverick on June 10th, only 2 days after the official reveal, I was going to get an suv when my current car died. I was looking at a Audi Q5 or Kia Telluride.

Then this little truck came to me as if Ford saw me at Home Depot loading bags mulch into my cars trunk(it would only take me 3 trips to get the 12 bags I usually need) and made a truck for me. Glad the timing worked out and I will now save well over $20k and get a truck!

Long story short. What were you originally planning on buying before the Mav was presented to you on a silver platter?
Sponsored

dgambino1106

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
The Bronco. Iā€™ve been obsessed with it since 2019 when we started seeing concepts. My family had one as a kid and Iā€™ve always liked jeeps. Fun/Practical is always what I want. My wife and I just canā€™t afford it right now. I drive a Flex and itā€™s value is abysmal. Iā€™m hoping the Maverick will satisfy the itch and hold onto its value some so I can trade into a used Bronco in a few years.
TLDR: Someone please give me a bronco!

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Bronco. Iā€™ve been obsessed with it since 2019 when we started seeing concepts. My family had one as a kid and Iā€™ve always liked jeeps. Fun/Practical is always what I want. My wife and I just canā€™t afford it right now. I drive a Flex and itā€™s value is abysmal. Iā€™m hoping the Maverick will satisfy the itch and hold onto its value some so I can trade into a used Bronco in a few years.
TLDR: Someone please give me a bronco!
I find myself watching Bronco videos all the time. Never cared about Bronco before but damn they are cool!

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Possibly a used Nissan Frontier crew cab or my sisters 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 - 5 speed extended cab with less than 69,000 original miles! That thing still loves to stretch itā€™s legs.....!

*****So to update my sister on the current value potential of her Toyota she almost fell off her chair. With the low miles and that generation of pickup with its proven reliability she could nearly double her purchase from when she bought it as a three year old Toyota.
Since Iā€™m not going to purchase it I offered to help her sell it. She is in her 80ā€™s and still likes her five speed manual - šŸ˜‡

******* update #2 - since I last looked over the Toyota in early June - the truck has travelled all of 29 miles. You can see that the original low mileage is just that - real, and low******** šŸ˜‡

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Possibly a used Nissan Frontier crew cab or my sisters 2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 - 5 speed extended cab with less than 69,000 original miles! That thing still loves to stretch itā€™s legs.....!
After doing the deepest dive ever on the Maverick and small-mid sizes trucks itā€™s mind blowing how the Tacoma blows the doors off every other mid-size truck. Itā€™ll be interesting to see their small truck once they see all the Mavs on the road.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Escape hybrid, I need a four down vehicle to tow behind my motorhom.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Escape hybrid, I need a four down vehicle to tow behind my motorhom.
Is that yours in your profile pic?

My girlfriends mom has an escape hybrid, you know I test drove that thing a bunch to get the feel of the Mav hybrid.

I wonder if the Mav will take some of the share from Jeep in the tow behind market?

buckaroo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Fit
Nothing ! I'm on a shoestring budget, I'm happy when I get toilet paper on sale. :)

I really like what I have now, but this Maverick has potential written all over it and in my humble opinion it's the best new vehicle launched by Ford in decades and any new vehicle by any of them.
Forget about that Santa Cruz, it's dead in the water.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing ! I'm on a shoestring budget, I'm happy when I get toilet paper on sale. :)

I really like what I have now, but this Maverick has potential written all over it and in my humble opinion it's the best new vehicle launched by Ford in decades and any new vehicle by any of them.
Forget about that Santa Cruz, it's dead in the water.
Iā€™ve heard the theory that long term the Maverick could be on par with the Mustang as far as brand/segment defining vehicle. šŸ¤ž

Letā€™s all just pray itā€™s not an Edsel. Hahahahaha.

Bill Cather

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't really thinking about buying... played around with getting the old beatemup truck for the HD/Lowes runs.... Drive a Prius and being retired didn't and don't want to give up the gas milage. Sooo.... Then I saw the Maverick, Done deal....

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wasn't really thinking about buying... played around with getting the old beatemup truck for the HD/Lowes runs.... Drive a Prius and being retired didn't and don't want to give up the gas milage. Sooo.... Then I saw the Maverick, Done deal....
Awesome. But I canā€™t support going to both HD and Loweā€™s. Hahahaha. Just kidding HD for the standard items, Loweā€™s for the fancy finish items.

I remember seeing a thread on here with the age group poll. Ford 100% thought they were selling this truck to my dumb age group yet our little poll shows over 50% are going to over 50.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I looked at dozens of used vehicles, from several manufacturers. I never buy new, because of depreciation.

The Maverick is a better deal new and a better fit for me, than any used vehicle I have found in this insane market.

It is the first, and I expect the last, new vehicle for me - unless the used market insanity continues.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Santa Cruz. I loved the concept. But as spy photos started showing that it was just a Tucson with a small bed, I became less and less interested.

In the interim before the Maverick spy photos were hitting the news, I was considering a 2021 or 22 F-150. But by the time I get it equipped with all the things I want, it pushes $60K! And I really want to downsize. I just don't need a big truck anymore. And I despise the current Ranger. But I have bloviated on that around here enough.

I've also considered the '22 Frontier. I like it a lot. Looks so much better than the Titan.

But Maverick just checks off nearly every box for me. I just wish they had something just a little bit more upmarket than Lariat trim. An ST, Sport, Tremor, Limited, Raptor, something a little better would be nice. But I can hang!
Sponsored