MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can't interpret it that way. R911 doesn't mean you're the 911th order. My orders were R100 and R225 and I don't think my R225 dealer even had 225 orders.
Sponsored

SteelCity87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pathfinder, CRV, Ninja ZX6R
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Question- I ordered on Friday morning and got confirmation email from Ford soon after had my name and everything on it. Whoever when I log into ford account using same email it doesn’t show I have anything in my account. Is that normal?

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question- I ordered on Friday morning and got confirmation email from Ford soon after had my name and everything on it. Whoever when I log into ford account using same email it doesn’t show I have anything in my account. Is that normal?
Yes. I assume it's like '22 where for whatever reason despite having an order page for Ford accounts it only applies to a few specific models (Lightning, Mach-E, Bronco?)

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, not till you get a vin.

pigsareus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
salesman did you and y
It was raining yesterday and my dealership was pretty much a ghost town. I sat with my salesman for nearly an hour to first run the 2022 website "build your Maverick" process, then they took that printout and entered it as a 2023 order, took a copy of my DL, had me sign a "not an invoice" acknowledgement, and by the time I got home I had an order confirmation email from Ford.

Now, this part sounded like typical sales pressure to me, but my sales guy said the 2023 order window was closing today 9-18. I don't doubt it will close soon, but on a Sunday after a single weekend of accepting orders?

No deposit requested, so I fell for the pressure tactic and ordered right then, wife was upset I did it without her, but that's how it played out.
salesman did you and your wife a favor by being expedient, while he may not have had specific info that the window was closing he let you know the need for timeliness. Worst that happens is that you don't take delivery. Your wife can still make some changes to the order if she wants. Nothing like someone being a 'killjoy'!

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can't interpret it that way. R911 doesn't mean you're the 911th order. My orders were R100 and R225 and I don't think my R225 dealer even had 225 orders.
R911 = 911st retail order since they started doing retail orders. Of course, could be my first initial and the date the openithe file. Who knows?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
R911 = 911st retail order since they started doing retail orders. Of course, could be my first initial and the date the openithe file. Who knows?
Right.. no way to tell really. They can basically make it anything they want.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sponsored

Tone

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Bob0828

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Escape, soon Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My order # is 597. Last 3 of my cell phone #

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After reading the last 13 pages of this thread to gain a reasonable understanding of the ordering process for 2023, I can only conclude the following:

1. Whether a customer is from MY22 or MY23 will not matter. Ford will build what they can build and preferably do so most profitably. If they can build the MY22 they will. If they can only build the MY23, they will. It's just that simple. They cannot sell trucks they cannot build regardless of MY, Order Date, Priority Number, or any other metric that does nothing to change their supply of parts on hand at any point in time.

2. Ford is likely limiting retail orders because they are the orders most difficult to build as buyers tend to order heavily constrained items. This results in fewer vehicles overall that can be built and made available for sale, retail or otherwise.

This causes low supply and subsequently, higher transaction prices. There is no point in Ford building and selling a cheap truck if it ends up being expensive at the time of sale/delivery (ADM's).

Ford tried addressing this through communication to its dealers regarding potential consequences of this behavior, which have previously been discussed on this forum. This has had little to no effect.

3. It would appear Ford's alternate strategy will be to limit retail orders to what they believe they can build vs. accepting all orders received. When that number is reached, (and in the case of MY23 quite quickly), the remaining builds will be for dealer stock. This is because they may actually have a chance at producing those, as dealers will be more open to ordering units without constrained items. They just want something to sell! Anything is better than nothing, which is what they have right now.

And sell they will. With more Maverick's on dealer lots, ADM's could be greatly reduced or even eliminated as buyers would have more choice. As it stands, they have none.

Best of luck to all who are waiting. The Maverick is a good truck and I suspect most will fully enjoy it as I have with mine. đź‘Ť

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They do seem to be closing the retail order bank really quickly.. I find it hard to believe they could possibly have received more orders in a few days than they can build. They must be planning to allow for quite a bit of dealer stock.

Now whether or not that means less markup is not clear. I suspect it will not.

Rillem

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Nissan Versa
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Since they are explicitly saying there is going to be no 23 to 24 transition offer, would the 22 to 23 offer ($1750 for ecoboost) still be good if your rollover gets pushed another year? I’m afraid this might happen with build priority being left up to dealers instead of Ford prioritizing the rollover orders.
Sponsored