First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is still silly. People like what they like, whether it is a color, body style, or type of drive selector. Nothing wrong with having different preferences.
Fine, different strokes for different folks, but the Drive selector is displacing the shift lever throughout the car marketplace. That's a simple fact. If there were enough people for whom this mattered too, this would not be so. The benefits clearly outweigh the perceived cost in this particular choice, so the market is moving to to dial or button selection, and people will over time get used to it. If you want a small pick up without the Dial Gear Selector, you do have a choice. You can buy a Hyundai Santa Cruz. If the Dial Gear Selector is not a deal breaker, then you can get a Maverick.
Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Fine, different strokes for different folks, but the Drive selector is displacing the shift lever throughout the car marketplace. That's a simple fact. If there were enough people for whom this mattered too, this would not be so. The benefits clearly outweigh the perceived cost in this particular choice, so the market is moving to to dial or button selection, and people will over time get used to it. If you want a small pick up without the Dial Gear Selector, you do have a choice. You can buy a Hyundai Santa Cruz. If the Dial Gear Selector is not a deal breaker, then you can get a Maverick.
None of that really matters. I would rather have a shift lever instead of a knob. Not really sure what you are trying to accomplish here, unless:

jpdurr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Want the shifter as much as you want, your still not getting it on a Maverick (as well as more and more other vehicles). The Shift Lever is going the way of the Dodo. You are fully able to use your Maverick with the shift dial. If the Shift Lever is a dealbreaker for you or anyone, the Santa Cruz has you covered. No problem with you wanting it on a Maverick or criticizing Ford for not having it. But I am pointing out the obvious, this facet of the automobile interior is changing, and this trend is not likely to abate as we move more and more into BEVs.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Want the shifter as much as you want, your still not getting it on a Maverick (as well as more and more other vehicles). The Shift Lever is going the way of the Dodo. You are fully able to use your Maverick with the shift dial. If the Shift Lever is a dealbreaker for you or anyone, the Santa Cruz has you covered. No problem with you wanting it on a Maverick or criticizing Ford for not having it. But I am pointing out the obvious, this facet of the automobile interior is changing, and this trend is not likely to abate as we move more and more into BEVs.
*shrug* People like what they like.

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
None of that really matters. I would rather have a shift lever instead of a knob.
If you wanted a Bronco Sport, your head would probably explode. Rotary drive selector AND rotary GOAT mode selector.

Ford Maverick ⛔️ Official bulletin: 2023 Maverick order banks closing on 9/20 (Hybrid) and 9/21 (EcoBoost) 5

Sponsored

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If you wanted a Bronco Sport, your head would probably explode. Rotary drive selector AND rotary GOAT mode selector.
Could be worse, like touchscreen selection! :)

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't feed the troll folks. Who is this schmuck dredging up a 4+ month old thread to argue a moot point? Pretty much every one if his 13 posts are argumentative.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is still silly. People like what they like, whether it is a color, body style, or type of drive selector. Nothing wrong with having different preferences.
They may not like it but it's not stopping people from purchasing. BMW has its version of the drive selector; not a fan of it, but it didn't stop me from purchasing my BMW. Some people wont by brand Y but find brand X drive selector OK and purchase that one. But it's not going away.

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They may not like it but it's not stopping people from purchasing. BMW has its version of the drive selector; not a fan of it, but it didn't stop me from purchasing my BMW. Some people wont by brand Y but find brand X drive selector OK and purchase that one. But it's not going away.
Yup, no such thing as a perfect vehicle. There is always something that we'd like to have a little different. I'm sure there will be many other things that I will love about my Maverick when it finally arrives.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yup, no such thing as a perfect vehicle. There is always something that we'd like to have a little different. I'm sure there will be many other things that I will love about my Maverick when it finally arrives.
I'm on the side I don't like the drive selector on the Maverick, I've had it almost a year, and if I could change it, I would. Something like what Chrysler or BMW has.