Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

DEALER NOTICE:

Ford Maverick 2023 Maverick Retail Order Banks Closing Next Week + Tremor Package Ordering Starts Tomorrow (9/17) 2023-Maverick-Order-Banks-Closin
Sponsored

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It also says Tremor package opens tomorrow which explains why dealers have been unable to order.

Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s insane to close the orders that fast, although how they didnt see the demand coming is odd.
How high could demand have been after 1 day 20k, 30k?

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So retail orders may close next week but dealers will still be able to place stock orders going forward? That seems a bit weird.
Dealers were able to do it for the 22 MY also after the retail banks closed. I think Ford just wants to make sure all the customer ordered ones get built and dealer ones will probably be limited until all customer ones are filled...Hopefully at least.

OP
OP
skadizzle

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That’s insane to close the orders that fast, although how they didnt see the demand coming is odd.
How high could demand have been after 1 day 20k, 30k?
They may be waiting to see how the weekend pans out. I'm sure Ford doesn't plan on building more than 70-80k 23s. The only reason they were able to do 100k+ in 22 is by making the 22 MY production more like 15 months. Doubt they want to do that again.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting that they are explicitly saying no rollover price protection for those bumping from 23 to 24.

Obviously no Tremor order in there yet. I guess that might sell out this weekend.

Sponsored

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Announcement added!

FB_IMG_1663385881650.jpg
If you read that memo carefully, especially the last bit of the second paragraph, it sounds less like Ford has already almost taken in as many orders as they think they can build, and more like Ford is going to try to put more stock Mavericks on lots.

I think Ford really didn't like how MY22 played out with the extreme scarcity of stock Mavericks and the insane dealer markups. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more stock Mavericks arriving at dealerships after the first few months and then the last couple months of 23 production being strictly stock production. Especially since that memo also states that there is no intention to provide a MY transition offer to customers that don't get a MY23 built. The only way to guarantee that, is to make sure all custom orders are fulfilled well before the end of the production year.

That is just my theory.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wow!!!

Hope my dealer is able to get my Tremor order submitted tomorrow!

hockeypukk54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you read that memo carefully, especially the last bit of the second paragraph, it sounds less like Ford has already almost taken in as many orders as they think they can build, and more like Ford is going to try to put more stock Mavericks on lots.

I think Ford really didn't like how MY22 played out with the extreme scarcity of stock Mavericks and the insane dealer markups. I wouldn't be surprised if we start to see more stock Mavericks arriving at dealerships after the first few months and then the last couple months of 23 production being strictly stock production. Especially since that memo also states that there is no intention to provide a MY transition offer to customers that don't get a MY23 built. The only way to guarantee that, is to make sure all custom orders are fulfilled well before the end of the production year.

That is just my theory.
My theory is that the 2023 model year is going to be a short run. I bet the 2024 MY starts sometime in April 2023. I think they figure that they have enough orders in the bank to run out production till then along with some stock orders for dealers. Just my 2 cents.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So retail orders may close next week but dealers will still be able to place stock orders going forward? That seems a bit weird.
Retail orders have a customer waiting for them and they’ve already had too many customers waiting too long for their vehicles.

Retail stock orders are basically filler in the production schedule. If the dealer has allocation and no eligible retail orders, they’ll get picked, but putting in a stock order is more of a request than a guarantee in this era of high retail order %.
Sponsored