paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And people were claiming the resale value of the maverick was going to go down......
Sponsored

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Holy Cow!!! 😦

Looks like I am going to be texting me salesperson tomorrow to confirm my order went though (yes I got an email from Ford that it did go though, but I wanna double check)

PA-Homesteader

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Interesting that they are explicitly saying no rollover price protection for those bumping from 23 to 24.

Obviously no Tremor order in there yet. I guess that might sell out this weekend.
Yes that is interesting. I wonder what happens if Ford can't make your Maverick and you have a signed buyer's order. Would they be held liable?

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My theory is that the 2023 model year is going to be a short run. I bet the 2024 MY starts sometime in April 2023. I think they figure that they have enough orders in the bank to run out production till then along with some stock orders for dealers. Just my 2 cents.
I think we are onto something...

Sponsored

fordluvr44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What does "Body and PEP codes cannot be changed" mean?

I asked my dealer to switch me to a Lariat before my order was placed, but they placed my order for an XLT. They mentioned they will fix it, but out of curiosity - Is this trivial to resolve?

KSC Grey Ghost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I Wonder if us 22 to 23 rollovers will stay priority 10s and others will be 15 to 19 ?? U can bet Tims live stream on Tu. will be a very interesting show !!!!! Make no mistake we grip at something's Ford does (. But Ford is Smart Very Smart They got there Ducks in a roll no question .🤔

Ponchsox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And people were claiming the resale value of the maverick was going to go down......
You bet there’s going to be shenanigans played with 2023’s with even MORE demand and people not blinking an eye to pay a couple thousand more. Sadly, we will probably hear more horror stories of dealers selling custom orders for even more than this year.

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I asked my dealer to switch me to a Lariat before my order was placed, but they placed my order for an XLT. They mentioned they will fix it, but out of curiosity - Is this trivial to resolve?
You better make sure they change that before the order banks close, from the way that memo read, once the bank is closed you won't be able to change trim level or engine type.

Tirpitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid+Lux in Velocity Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If I’m understanding what Ford means by these in the Maverick Body = drivetrain and PEP = trim levels. So once the order banks shut no changes of either engine/FWD-AWD or moving between the three trim levels.

Sponsored

xplorguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Veloster N
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes that is interesting. I wonder what happens if Ford can't make your Maverick and you have a signed buyer's order. Would they be held liable?
No, Ford would have no liability to provide you a 2023 Maverick...if orders exceed build capacity you would simply have to reorder a 2024.

Syntax Error

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Jeez, it's like the 2023 order banks was mostly just to play catchup for the 2022 orderers who got rolled over to 2023. I wonder how many orders have already been placed?

st3v

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They likely want to limit custom retail orders this year since custom orders are likely to have constraints selected. The dealer orders can be built without constraints. This would prevent people from complaining their order is taking too long.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You bet there’s going to be shenanigans played with 2023’s with even MORE demand and people not blinking an eye to pay a couple thousand more. Sadly, we will probably hear more horror stories of dealers selling custom orders for even more than this year.
Ford dealers aren't the only ones adding a market adjustment. My son-in-law went to buy his daughter a Chevrolet Spark, and they added $5K to the MSRP. Some dealers added dealer installed accessories to mark up the price.
Sponsored