pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi guys, not a deal breaker for me but does everyone else agree it would not have killed them to start the LED DRL's on the XLT trim
Ford seems to like to do this with their trucks. Same with the push button start. These things were on Focus and Fiesta higher trims and STs - all of which were sold for much lower $ than the Ford trucks. My Ranger is the same - no push button start, no LEDs, only optioned on the Lariat. DUMB to not add these at least into the Lux packages, they are fairly universal across car brands at this point.

Probity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Scab 2.7EB, 2017 CR-V
They want to get you in higher trim levels, plain and simple. Good news is, I think it's very likely in a few years LED headlights will be federally mandated, just as rear cameras were. In the meantime, aftermarket.

Dan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They want to get you in higher trim levels, plain and simple. Good news is, I think it's very likely in a few years LED headlights will be federally mandated, just as rear cameras were. In the meantime, aftermarket.
All trims have LED headlights but only Lariat has LED DRLs

Sponsored

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
hopefully morimotos will make a headlight for the maverick. ford should partner with them

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Since I'm old-school (and old!), what's big deal about LED lights!?
Clarity and Brightness. I just went to Diode Dynamics and grabbed a screen shot of Backup Lights on a Subaru Forester. It shows the Stock Bulbs are sort of yellowish and then 2 levels of LED's. The XPR is bright. You can see how bright they are. It's really helpful to have illumination while backing.

Ford Maverick Why no LED DRL's on XLT? Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 20.35.27

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clarity and Brightness. I just went to Diode Dynamics and grabbed a screen shot of Backup Lights on a Subaru Forester. It shows the Stock Bulbs are sort of yellowish and then 2 levels of LED's. The XPR is bright. You can see how bright they are. It's really helpful to have illumination while backing.
The LED backup lights on the new Mazda's are too bright, they wash out the backup camera. Of course, the counter argument might be the backup camera is too sensitive.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Am i the only one thinking of using ford pass points to buy lariat headlights with led drl??

ATXcaraholic

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Smart ForTwo Prime
Engine
Undecided
I thought DRLs were standard on all models?
They are. However, XL and XLT trims use the amber turn signal bulb as the DRL and signal, the Lariat does not. It uses the LED signature at the top of the headlight assembly as the DRL and the amber bulb is just the turn signal.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it confirmed the turn signal is DRL? There's three lower light positions so I'd think one of those is a white light DRL.
Sponsored