Sponsored

No rear defroster on XL or XLT?

Tennessee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
I have the feature on my F150 and it’s tied into the heated mirrors too. I never use it as past couple generation F150s (mine’s a 2013) were prone to the rear defrost overheating and causing one of the rear windows to shatter. Just under $1,000 repair to replace the whole rear window. Most of the time no help from Ford or never a recall. Lots of F150 users have gone the distance to pull the fuse or just not use it.

Remote start with just cabin air to defrost ahead of time always worked well enough for me. They’re vertical windows so they’re typically not too bad.

There is an option to turn off rear defrost by default during remote start in the menu.
The trucks of my youth never had defrosters on the rear glass, and I don't recall them ever frosting up much. Maybe it has something to do with that vertical glass.
Sponsored

OP
OP
oljackfrost

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The trucks of my youth never had defrosters on the rear glass, and I don't recall them ever frosting up much. Maybe it has something to do with that vertical glass.
Also, the glass is closer to cabin heat than sedan or SUV glass.

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like neither the XL or XLT have a rear defroster. Looking at photos of climate controls, there's no button I can find. I'm pretty sure l read that the Lariat power slider comes with defroster.
That mystery button is for heated side mirrors. I hope there is defrost on the rear window. It would seem to make sense to have that. The manual has info on heated rear window. I'm hoping this is standard on XLT but I can't find that info anywhere.

Ford Maverick No rear defroster on XL or XLT? Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.15.43 PM

Ford Maverick No rear defroster on XL or XLT? Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.16.38 PM

Ford Maverick No rear defroster on XL or XLT? Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.17.30 PM

Ford Maverick No rear defroster on XL or XLT? Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.17.49 PM

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The manual has info on heated rear window. I'm hoping this is standard on XLT but I can't find that info anywhere.
Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.16.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.17.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-05 at 2.17.49 PM.png
can you link me to that part of the manual? I can’t seem to find it

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I live in the northeast. Another reason I’m opting for the Lariat trim level. My current Tacoma (not an option on any trim level) doesn’t have one and it is a pain in the rear in winter months.

I see people mentioning seeing no buttons on the Lariat interior shots, remember, those are all preproduction examples. That option may not have been available at the time those were produced and is typical of preproduction examples.
Climate conditions that I have been through living in Northeast Ohio made me pay attention to these "little" things and the Lariat came through with the ones I really use and need.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With a few minutes of warm up the rear window will be clear. Not really an issue and I live in PA, we see plenty of “Nor’easters” that dump all kinds of freezing, slushy, snowy fun stuff on us.

MavEric

First Name
Easy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, 1950 Willys Truck
Correct me if I'm wrong. Looks like neither the XL or XLT have a rear defroster. Looking at photos of climate controls, there's no button I can find. I'm pretty sure l read that the Lariat power slider comes with defroster.
I saw a report from Long McArthur Ford that no rear defrost option will come on any trim level.

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I saw a report from Long McArthur Ford that no rear defrost option will come on any trim level.
This is incorrect. It is standard on the lariat, but I stick to my original statement that it is unnecessary.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you recall which video? At this point i don’t trust the old ford pdfs since they have changed small details here and there. E.g passenger seat is manual on all trims now :(

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It has been a long time since I owned or even seriously looked at a truck, but I never saw a truck with rear window defrost. Next your going to be asking about wipers on the rear window...lol.
I can't image the entry level truck having rear defrost.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Do you recall which video? At this point i don’t trust the old ford pdfs since they have changed small details here and there. E.g passenger seat is manual on all trims now :(
He won’t be able to find it because he is wrong. It is standard on the Lariat
Ford Maverick No rear defroster on XL or XLT? 5292FADD-AA67-47FB-AD0B-FABCEF608E6C
Sponsored