Sponsored

What don't you like about your Maverick?

Farmer_John

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've now had both a Hybrid and a 2.0, loved them both. Even if I did get stuck with a "work truck white" 2.0 after my hybrid got totaled. Yeah, hooking my phone through the interface can be a pain, but it's better than my first Ford truck (a 1967 F250 Camper Special with an FM converter through the AM radio...).
Sponsored

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I don't like is the blind spot caused by the low mounted rearview mirror, other than that nothing & I have had no issues in 15 months of ownership.
Did you know it is possible to push the mirror up until it almost touches the center trim piece?

cowmeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One scary thing can happen to the Ford shift knob - not just the Maverick but any Ford

Once on a busy highway at high speed I managed to shift the car into neutral when I put my soda bottle back into the cup holder and apparently brushed the shift knob with the bottom of the bottle.
I was in EV mode at the time and the car slowly lost speed, so I kept hitting the gas pedal with no result until I realized at about 30 mph what had happened and shifted it back into drive

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only thing I don't like is the blind spot caused by the low mounted rearview mirror, other than that nothing & I have had no issues in 15 months of ownership.
If you haven't already, grab the top and bottom of the rear view mirror with both hands and lift up gently. It's on an articulating arm so the whole thing can move up and down, meaning it won't be so low on the windshield. Obviously it can only go so high with the camera module occupying a bit of space.

No idea why they ship these vehicles with their rear view mirrors so low...

jahaas13

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid - Cyber Orange
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Like others have already said - I really do like this car, a lot. It replaced a 2015 VW Golf. My biggest "complaints" are pretty small in the grand scheme of things. I also have a lariat hybrid, with the lux package.

1. I think all the mirrors are too small, or have less than ideal viewing.
2. When unbuckling the seatbelt, it flies back so fast - it sounds like it's going to destroy the plastic side wall. (same in front and back seats)
3. wish the rear seat was split vs full bench - would make it easier to access just one side of the underseat storage.

Sponsored

Jackfer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Glitchy Android auto along with NO satellite radio in the lower trims.
Thin paint! That's about it! Lovin it for 19 months now.

Oneeye

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One scary thing can happen to the Ford shift knob - not just the Maverick but any Ford

Once on a busy highway at high speed I managed to shift the car into neutral when I put my soda bottle back into the cup holder and apparently brushed the shift knob with the bottom of the bottle.
I was in EV mode at the time and the car slowly lost speed, so I kept hitting the gas pedal with no result until I realized at about 30 mph what had happened and shifted it back into drive
I've done that and in my opinion all of those buttons are too easy to bump and move down there. My dog jumped over to the front once and hit the emergency brake and it locked up. Luckily I was already stopping. Anyways for me I would like a cover to open and close so I won't hit and mess any thing up when driving. Or I'm just to clumsy

K5Blazer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No push button start-once you’ve had it…
Rattle in the dash that started almost immediately

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
100 people 100 different viewpoints. Doesn't do any good to ask people's opinion because they are all different.

Rear view mirrow - the back window is tiny so doesn't matter which way you spin the mirror.
Sound, push button ignition, sync 3, noisy interior ... buy the Lariat instead. You get what you pay for. You buy the cheapest truck but you want more on it for the low cost.

Sponsored

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
  • No sunglass storage on overhead with sunroof.
  • Wish driver's seat bottom on lariat had front height adjust.
Some other minor gripes, but easily corrected with accessories i.e. no auto dim rearview mirror with homelink, tailgate dampner and wireless Carplay.

Robert C

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Ecoboost is expected to arrive any day now. While I twiddle my thumbs waiting for the call, tell me what you don't like about the Maverick so I can taper my expectations.

So far, I've heard of:
  • Bad speaker/sound system.
  • Noisy interior cabin
  • Easily scratched interior
It's nonexistance.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Split bottom on rear seat for storage area . optional factory fog lights . after market brush guard with fog light mounting points .

bwil415

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's the key for me. My last car was a 2011 Infiniti that I drove for 8 years with a push button start and keyless entry. I still keep putting the key in my pocket after I lock the house and then immediately fish it back out to get in the truck. That and the adaptive cruise control had me really connsidering a Lariat. Luckily I was able to DIY the adaptive cruise, but I doubt keyless entry is something that could be added after the fact.
Sponsored