Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm reading a lot of posts about what is wanted in the Maverick, so Ford has a source for that information.

But just thinking about what is really liked about the Maverick that Ford maybe shouldn't mess with during upgrades.

I will start off:
Please don't add the plastic wheel trim covers to fenders for the base model...I think it just cheapens the looks of the design.
Sponsored

Cal_shit_area

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Simple, easy to use controls. Hybrid is quiet yet quick getting to 60. Love the auto led lights plus auto high beams. I have an XL and it feels like the old simple trucks of the day. It has high tech in the right places as well as simplicity and efficiency where it needs to be. So far it feels perfect at least for my needs.

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My stubborn Maverick refuses to adapt to me in anyway shape or form but I am adapting to it well just like all my other cars/trucks. Maverick is my #67th car/truck. Happy camper with basic XLT. I don't care where Ford goes from here because I'm not buying anything more they could offer.

Michael Dietzel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I have owned a 2013 Toyota Tacoma for several years. Apologies to Toyota but what do I like about the Maverick? Damn near everything. I am not a Ford devotee in fact I worked for General Motors for 17 years the Maverick is roomier than my Tacoma, more user-friendly than my Tacoma, gets way better mileage than my Tacoma, has a better warranty than my Tacoma, and is around $19,000 cheaper than a new Tacoma. I still haven't sold my old Tacoma it is in my driveway. If you know anybody that wants to buy a really nice 2013 Toyota Tacoma prerunner TRD with 103k miles on it send me an email. The ironic thing being the resale of the Toyota is so high that I can sell it for around $500 more than I paid for my new Maverick. I rest my case. Trust me Ford did their homework on this one. It's enough truck for me, I think it's enough truck for anybody that needs a truck. Although it's 191 horsepower versus the 245 that my taco has the 0 to 60 time is less than a second difference. Gas just hit $5 a gallon here and lovely Southern California in I think the Maverick is one of the best investments investments I have made lately. I love the way it drives I love how easy it is to park. I like the looks of it, I love the mileage and with the bed extender it is within 2 in of the same bed storage I had in the Toyota and a lot easier to load unload with much better functionality and lower lift height. I truly loved my Tacoma I actually ordered my Maverick on a whim but I wouldn't trade back for twice of the $22,900 I paid for my new Maverick.

GlennWatson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Price and gas mileage. That’s the list. It’s a new car that’s about the same price or less than the used cars I was looking at.

Sponsored

Clifdawg

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2.0L Ecoboost XL FWD - I love the fact that it has as much power as it does and yet still gets darn near 30 miles to the gallon. I love the colorful interior design and spacious cabin. I love the fact that drives like a car and not like other small trucks, but still has a solid payload and tow capacity that will serve all my needs when I would probably never get the use out of a half-ton. All for a great price…

… Which is why I suspect the price will increase dramatically in the coming years. I suspect that Ford will start positioning the Maverick like Hyundai does the Santa Cruz - sure, there still might be a $22- or $23,000 base XL Hybrid for sale in a year or two - if you can find one. But if you actually want to buy one, you’ll be forced to buy an XLT that now comes standard with turbo, AWD, and 4K towing package with a now-standard luxury package, meaning most will be forced to step up to a $30- or $32,000 model. At that point, a lot of the Maverick’s appeal will be lost.

But who knows? Maybe Ford recognizes the importance of having an affordable entry point and will work to keep the costs and excesses down.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like a truck, sits a little higher for visibility. Fits in my garage.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm reading a lot of posts about what is wanted in the Maverick, so Ford has a source for that information.

But just thinking about what is really liked about the Maverick that Ford maybe shouldn't mess with during upgrades.

I will start off:
Please don't add the plastic wheel trim covers to fenders for the base model...I think it just cheapens the looks of the design.
What I like about my Maverick are the fuel economy, headroom and legroom. The cubbies under the back seat.
The looks are not too bad either.
I hope that the nickel and diming that went into the truck don’t come back to haunt the buyers. I am planning on keeping mine for a long time and I would hate to have the clear cote bake off from sun exposure and have the exhaust rust through.
Sponsored