What does your key look like?

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same as everyone elses.... minus the panic button that I removed.

Well, it still has the panic button exterior, but I removed the clicker from the circuit board. Hit it 3 times in the first 2 days of ownership... never had that happen before and I had an Escape with the EXACT same key fob lol. So strange.

Anyone interested in removing their panic button, it's pretty easy.

Also... OP... you bought someone elses key lol. Not only do you have to get one rekeyed to fit your truck, you also have to reprogram it. I've done this before on an older '06 F150, but you have to buy a blank key. You definitely should have checked around before buying that key. I don't even know if they can rekey them... I think you have to buy a blank slate for them to grind and you also need one to for them to copy over to it.

But tbh, this was kind of an odd choice of threads to revive from 7 months ago just to share you got two keys lol. Zombie af.
Sponsored

Last edited:

hillel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
hillel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought a lock from an online retailer thatā€™s supposed to adapt to fit your key. On the retailerā€™s website it says ā€œconfirmed to fit Maverickā€ so I bought it in good faith. It does not fit my key. The retailer is trying to say that my key is wrong kind. See the photo for my key. What does your key look like? Is it different? Thanks.
A6D740C7-C197-4632-91A9-B25852FDE140.jpeg
"Confirmed to fit Maverick" means its confirmed to fit in a maverick. You'll have to rekey the cylinder for it to work with your specific key

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Same as everyone elses.... minus the panic button that I removed.

Well, it still has the panic button exterior, but I removed the clicker from the circuit board. Hit it 3 times in the first 2 days of ownership... never had that happen before and I had an Escape with the EXACT same key fob lol. So strange.

Anyone interested in removing their panic button, it's pretty easy.
Is it a destructive process or can the button be restored? If I sell the Maverick someday I don't want to give someone a not fully functional fob.

OP
OP
RonRythm

RonRythm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Confirmed to fit Maverick" means its confirmed to fit in a maverick. You'll have to rekey the cylinder for it to work with your specific key
These locks are designed to key themselves to your key if it is the right shape. The retailer said it was correct for Maverick. It is not and the retailer refuses to admit it.

hillel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
hillel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
These locks are designed to key themselves to your key if it is the right shape. The retailer said it was correct for Maverick. It is not and the retailer refuses to admit it.
can you post a link to those locks? As a former locksmith, it sounds very strange to me, locks that fit themselves to your key. There are a few residential and commercial locks that could fit that description but I've never came across any auto locks that do

Sponsored

OP
OP
RonRythm

RonRythm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
can you post a link to those locks? As a former locksmith, it sounds very strange to me, locks that fit themselves to your key. There are a few residential and commercial locks that could fit that description but I've never came across any auto locks that do
https://www.boltlock.com/
notice that they donā€™t list Maverick. I wish Iā€™d checked their site before buying from the retailer that ā€œguarantees ā€œ they fit.

hillel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
hillel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://www.boltlock.com/
notice that they donā€™t list Maverick. I wish Iā€™d checked their site before buying from the retailer that ā€œguarantees ā€œ they fit.
Ok, my bad, I thought you meant a replacement cylinder for the car.. But yeah, I looked on the website and didn't see anything that would be compatible with the maverick. https://www.boltlock.com/locks/5-8-inch-receiver-lock/5-8-inch-receiver-lock-ford-side-cut
Notice on the website, the key is cut on the side, and on the mavericks the key is cut in the middle. The two would not be compatible and the retailer is definitely in the wrong here