Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

Luckyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
2.0 lux Lariat fx4. Really minor complaints. The front under bumper spoiler (no idea about the proper terminology) seems really low. I have to be careful to stop short of curbs. Someone else mentioned that the gas tank filler cover opens when you lean into the bed. would like to be able to tilt the front driver seat cushion up at the front. Obviously not much to complain about. Positives hugely outweigh negatives.
If your talking about those two things that stick down in front of the front tiresā€¦ sorta looks like mud flaps but in front of the tire..I took those off I thought it made the truck look way to low. it didnā€™t affect anything still drives great and gas mileage is the same.
Sponsored

Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜02 Ranger, ā€˜22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All the whiny people wanting a FORD Raptor type truck in a Ford Maverick $19,995 price range.
I havenā€™t seen any mention of that. Theyā€™re spending a ton of money simulating ā€œRaptorness,ā€ but what did you see as whining about not being an actual Raptor?

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
The thing I like least about the Mav is that I don't get to drive it very often....but in all fairness we did order it to replace my wifes aging 2009 Vibe.

Two months into ownership and she doesn't have any complaints so far. She loves it especially when compared to her base model Pontiac Vibe. So glad we heard about this little truck early and got our order in soon after it was announced!

Here it is tucked in for the night sleeping in the garage.:)

Ford Maverick What do you like LEAST about the Maverick? its home

Reggie Dunlop

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT hybrid
XLT hybrid. Super happy with it.
Only beef is the deep area for the windshield wipers. Tough to remove snow and ice.
Love the truck though. Feel lucky I received it.
Ordered September 9. Received January 13.
Only option, full size spare.

Sponsored

The-Beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
A better turn radius. 20' is good, but the 17' range is ideal to go from K to U.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Absolutely love the Maverick but my main grumble is the Flexbed differing between trim levels. We all need to tie things down. If I am correct XL gets 6 tie downs, XTL gets 10 tie downs and Lux package for XLT gets you the adjustable tie down bar. I donā€™t care about tech stuff but thatā€™s a lot of jump ups just for proper tie downs.
There are DIY videos on how to add side rail tie downs:

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
If your talking about those two things that stick down in front of the front tiresā€¦ sorta looks like mud flaps but in front of the tire..I took those off I thought it made the truck look way to low. it didnā€™t affect anything still drives great and gas mileage is the same.
Yes. That is what I was talking about. I did not realize they are removable. Thanks!

Sponsored

DeanR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback Tundra F250
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No real complaints, minor inconsistent problems but nothing big. I would like a boost gauge on the 2.0 so I can tell to back off if I am aim for fuel economy. Of course that can be rectified if they would offer hybrid and AWD together. A little over 6,000 miles and I'm a happy camper.

McBear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't like the mirrors with the built in convex. But slowly getting used to them , other than that I love this thing. We got this for my wife but i end up driving it all the time :)
I drive a Silverado but it is on the endangered species list because i am thinking of getting my own.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Parkpork

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XL Area 51
You can always order on yourself. I actually prefer the XL wheels and the problem with the XLT package doesn't include any options I would select otherwise. And can someone start a class action lawsuit or something to stop allowing companies to advertise a price that doesn't include a mandatory "fee"?
I'll happily swap wheels with you šŸ˜‰

MauRoba

Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
We love ours. But nothing is perfect. I find the front seat to be a bit too short and my legs donā€™t get enough support. It makes me use the adaptive cruise control more, so thatā€™s nice. I bought a seat extender online but it didnā€™t fit the seat. Anybody have any good recommendations?

Otherwise, averaging 45 MPG for the first month of use. Very happy with everything else.
Sponsored