Sponsored

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Engine
Undecided
I am guessing that they are hoping a bunch of hybrid people will switch when given the the final build or no build. Worst comes to worst Ford just has EB stock to give to dealers. Although looking at Bronco Sports now I guess the long play is wait another year or two and there will be tons of mavericks.
What do you mean by final build or no build? Is Ford going to tell hybrid orders whether they will get built?
Sponsored

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Doesn't change the hybrid outlook. All it does is make it take longer to burn through the EB orders. Hybrids are on track based on the numbers released over the past two weeks.

So, then the question becomes... why? Why keep the EB orders open that long when the capacity is there? Why drag them out? It can't all be allocations. I wonder if Ford is purposely adding non-retail stock because they don't have to price protect those. But the year-end net would be the same if the just chewed through the EBs and then opened up EB capacity to the wind!

Don't know.
Because Dealers want non retail stock EB to mark up 5K.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was talking with my sales manager this afternoon to see if they had heard anything about getting dealer stock deliveries soon - he said no. Let's see what Tim says on his live stream.

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What do you mean by final build or no build? Is Ford going to tell hybrid orders whether they will get built?
I am guessing they will do like Bronco and force us to pick a buildable order or acknowledge the risk of not being built.

MiMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Escape, '09 Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, then the question becomes... why? Why keep the EB orders open that long when the capacity is there? Why drag them out? It can't all be allocations. I wonder if Ford is purposely adding non-retail stock because they don't have to price protect those.
My dealer assures me that they have the allocations, yet my EB order isn't scheduled. It's XLT too, so they should be pumping out lots of them. So, yes, Ford is screwing over some of us who should have the best chance of getting scheduled.

Sponsored

bc22

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The allocation system is definitely sort of odd. I bought from a fairly large dealer and my salesman said they've had almost none scheduled. He said he's hopeful for Q2.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Apparently dealer allocation is the king maker. Those of you who really want hybrids should start researching today what dealers have beneficial allocations, & contact those dealers to get build sheets on file. If those orders get placed the minute that the order portal next opens, those orders will almost certainly be filled. My hybrid order was booked by a high allocation dealer at 5:30am 9/16/22 & I am driving my Maverick now. Good Luck!
The problem is that there is no way to know anything about the allocations.

Up through about August Ford was even saying that allocations would not matter and they would be built based on when the order was received.

Feldgary53

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick incoming, ‘13 Porsche 911,‘19 Audi Q3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody has posted a scheduling outlook for this week yet which seems odd. Usually it is posted somewhere by now but maybe there is a pause after a flood of activity last week?

tarpkir

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a XLT hybrid 10/25/21. Only option was the hitch receiver. Never got as far as a VIN. So, I played the Ford constraint game. Canceled the hitch. Added the SIBL since they have excess capacity. It's something I would have added aftermarket anyway.

Bingo! Scheduled for build in April. Maybe just luck.

Onceforall

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a XLT hybrid 10/25/21. Only option was the hitch receiver. Never got as far as a VIN. So, I played the Ford constraint game. Canceled the hitch. Added the SIBL since they have excess capacity. It's something I would have added aftermarket anyway.

Bingo! Scheduled for build in April. Maybe just luck.
I vote for luck. Why not just add the LUX package (which includes the hitch) and is under capacity, just like SIBL. That combo should have guaranteed a build also.

BTW I'm XLT/LUX/Hybrid/SIBL. '22 order rolled over still waiting, dealer with allocations in hand but only a handful being picked up by Ford.

Sponsored

ADKjake

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Subaru Forester, 2010 Honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The allocation system is definitely sort of odd. I bought from a fairly large dealer and my salesman said they've had almost none scheduled. He said he's hopeful for Q2.

Agreed, very weird, I was luckily able to get my very basic XL hybrid Scheduled (priority 19) from a dealer I'm pretty sure has never sold a Maverick before and has about 20 cars on the lot and is mostly a service center.

reneau

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevrolet Colorado, Mustang 1966
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Red = over capacity
Black = under capacity

B4AA3299-D720-40F2-ABBB-A6A255249A5F.jpeg
We have a Lariat Hybrid ordered with the Luxury package. Looks like the trailer tow hitch is restricted but the luxury package is not. Doesn't the package have the tow hitch in it......and therefore wouldn't it be restricted as well? All this is just crazy to understand.

OP
OP
Christenhildebrandt

Christenhildebrandt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a Lariat Hybrid ordered with the Luxury package. Looks like the trailer tow hitch is restricted but the luxury package is not. Doesn't the package have the tow hitch in it......and therefore wouldn't it be restricted as well? All this is just crazy to understand.
Hitches seem to go to the Tow packages but than again we have seen stand alone hitches scheduled so it’s a guessing game at times.
Sponsored