First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
New to the site ordered a awd xlt tow package in september dealer said i have a complete vin now had a partial vin for months what does it all mean. I never gave an email to my dealer figured let the salesman work for me. If anyone answers any of my post thank you in advance
Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
New to the site ordered a awd xlt tow package in september dealer said i have a complete vin now had a partial vin for months what does it all mean. I never gave an email to my dealer figured let the salesman work for me. If anyone answers any of my post thank you in advance
No idea what a partial VIN nor complete VIN are. All I know is that once your order is scheduled for production, you get a VIN number for the truck that will be in production like 2 months down.

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stopped by my dealer yesterday (Monday) he pulled up the remaining orders for me. The only have 5? Left unscheduled. 2 listed scheduled were hybrids. Not sure when they got scheduled. Still have my fingers crossed.

big positive tho my best friends tremor was shipped 4-2 I think. Should be here any day!

we ordered exact same time both tremors xlt lux. His avalanche mine blue and 360. Is only difference
I called my dealership and they said it could be 2 or 3 years but I will get one lol

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing is guaranteed. We have seen previewed get scheduled and get skipped. We have also seen Ford schedule vehicles that weren't being previewed. If anything, it shows your dealership has allocations...
Does anybody know what it means when I called forward and they said it had moved up to parts and chips being picked

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anybody know what it means when I called forward and they said it had moved up to parts and chips being picked
Did you accidentally call Dell? I've never heard of anything like that.

Sponsored

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you accidentally call Dell? I've never heard of anything like that.
Sorry darn talk to text I called Ford and they said it had switched from order acknowledge to parts and chips being picked

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry darn talk to text I called Ford and they said it had switched from order acknowledge to parts and chips being picked
Yeah, that's a new one. Do you have a VIN?

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, that's a new one. Do you have a VIN?
No the gentleman from Ford told me those were the 3 steps acknowledgment of order picking and pulling parts and then a Vin number I called my dealer and he said he got the notice the end of last week that 9 of his preorders were being picked For parts and chips and hes hoping that Thursday all 9 people will get Vin numbers I don't know if I'm in that group In hopes of getting of in number
But I was like you I didn't know that this was one of the 3 steps

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No the gentleman from Ford told me those were the 3 steps acknowledgment of order picking and pulling parts and then a Vin number I called my dealer and he said he got the notice the end of last week that 9 of his preorders were being picked For parts and chips and hes hoping that Thursday all 9 people will get Vin numbers I don't know if I'm in that group In hopes of getting of in number
But I was like you I didn't know that this was one of the 3 steps
Yeah, I don't know on that one. I'll tag our resident dealer gurus, but until you have a VIN, I would treat as unscheduled.

@KevCuRaoi
@fordvideoguy

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, I don't know on that one. I'll tag our resident dealer gurus, but until you have a VIN, I would treat as unscheduled.

@KevCuRaoi
@fordvideoguy
@Bingisser

I can't say that is anything I've heard of!!

Sounds like you are still unscheduled. Once you are scheduled you'll get a VIN.

"pulling parts" to me sounds just like waiting to be scheduled w/ constrained options!

Sponsored

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@Bingisser

I can't say that is anything I've heard of!!

Sounds like you are still unscheduled. Once you are scheduled you'll get a VIN.

"pulling parts" to me sounds just like waiting to be scheduled w/ constrained options!
And I ordered the plain XL with no add on hoping it would not be held up boy was I wrong

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And I ordered the plain XL with no add on hoping it would not be held up boy was I wrong
Yeah, you'd think that! XL was/is over-ordered. Currently almost 2x as many retail orders for XL Mavs that Ford will produce in 23 MY.

XLT EB w/ out lux pkg is probably the "easiest" to schedule Maverick.

Bingisser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, you'd think that! XL was/is over-ordered. Currently almost 2x as many retail orders for XL Mavs that Ford will produce in 23 MY.

XLT EB w/ out lux pkg is probably the "easiest" to schedule Maverick.
We did it thinking that we could add stuff in later but with all the constraints thought it wouldn't keep it backed up

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know what to think anymore. I ordered a XLT Hybrid last September with hitch, which I removed the hitch last month. So now just a stock XLT Hybrid. Have only received sorry we are having supply issues emails. My old town & country is on it's last miles. I can't wait a whole lot longer.
Sponsored