uga

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Correct, 5 mph is the max for mavs for some reason.

We love it especially in school zones with cameras.
Sponsored

SnyperX

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So made some changes via the ASB numbers. I have my ABD data from Ford. When I select Load All from FORScan I get a message about the number of blocks not matching and do I want to continue.

Yes, I messed up and did not get an ASB backup using FORScan before I did my changes.

How do I go back to my defaults then if the FACTORY ASB data doesn't match? I should note that this seems to be specific to the IPMA module. TIA.

Last edited:

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

How do I go back to my defaults then if the FACTORY ASB data doesn't match? I should note that this seems to be specific to the IPMA module. TIA.
If you go here and enter your VIN, you will see all of your original data. Each module starts with a specific number, so find those numbers.
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

BlackMav23

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4 4K, 2020 Tiguan SE 4-Motion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can anyone confirm, that by opting for "Method 2" (the recommended for 6.5" screens) I would have ALL the same functions as "Method 1" and have square speed limit icons? Thus, the only reason to choose method 2 is so that the icons will be square on the FX4 cluster?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can anyone confirm, that by opting for "Method 2" (the recommended for 6.5" screens) I would have ALL the same functions as "Method 1" and have square speed limit icons? Thus, the only reason to choose method 2 is so that the icons will be square on the FX4 cluster?
You won't have the no passing icon, but honestly I found little rhyme or reason to when that activated.

Sponsored

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks in advance.
I have a Lariat, so I have the 6.5” screen.
Same result as Darnon posted above.
Here is a link to what I did and got on the screen: https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...orscan-mod-confirmed-working.9399/post-488140

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
okay, so I scrolled through here from Dec 22 on. couldn't find the info I need.
I had a 22 Mav, which I had this set up on. That Mav got totaled. I just got a 23 Mav with Sync 3 W/ Navigation installed. Does anyone know if the process is the same for the 23 with Navigation? the 6.5 inch screen looks a little different from the 22 as well. so I just want to make sure before I start messing with things.
Thanks in advance

triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
okay, so I scrolled through here from Dec 22 on. couldn't find the info I need.
I had a 22 Mav, which I had this set up on. That Mav got totaled. I just got a 23 Mav with Sync 3 W/ Navigation installed. Does anyone know if the process is the same for the 23 with Navigation? the 6.5 inch screen looks a little different from the 22 as well. so I just want to make sure before I start messing with things.
Thanks in advance
just make sure to make a backup before you change anything and then try it. If something messes up you should be able to just revert back.

I did the TSR on my 22 lariat lux and it is really convenient and one of the best mods I’ve done. I hope that you’ll report back your findings for others to learn from.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
just make sure to make a backup before you change anything and then try it. If something messes up you should be able to just revert back.

I did the TSR on my 22 lariat lux and it is really convenient and one of the best mods I’ve done. I hope that you’ll report back your findings for others to learn from.
I'd like to tackle this, but I'm hoping someone can tell me how to transfer the reprogrammed code from a computer over to the Maverick's computer.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd like to tackle this, but I'm hoping someone can tell me how to transfer the reprogrammed code from a computer over to the Maverick's computer.
Hey Dad, there are plenty of You Tube video that explain this.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey Dad, there are plenty of You Tube video that explain this.
Thank you. I didn't think of that, but I should have. Appreciate the reminder. I will check it out.

nicobonis

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicolás
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Observation concerning the driver alert system and TSR. When enabled with DAS it seems to change how it calculates when to alert based upon how far your speed deviates from the last posted speed limit sign it scans regardless of how much you go out of a lane. If you stay close to the last posted speed it takes much longer to trigger. If the TSR isn't enabled it will trigger much sooner.

Hi!
I´m Nico, from Argentina, I have a Ford Maverick XLT. I enable the TSR functions (IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!), but I DAS is not working or taking too much to trigger.
I tried to force the DAS alert doing an aggressive overtake with high DAS sensitive level, and nothing happens. I used Method 1.
any clues?.

Regards

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This has been tested and will work on all models that do not have a Ford Navigation system installed. It should work on models with a Ford Navigation system but will require different settings and may also require some APIM module changes to fully integrate the Navigation sign information into the display cluster.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

Tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

Method 1 - No Ford Navigation system installed
This applies to 4 inch and 6 inch clusters, this will show the traffic speed signs as round in the 6inch clusters.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

Next we need to activate it in the instrument cluster
IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx-xxxx

This activates the TSR menu

Next optionally is for the speed warning menu. If you leave it default you'll get 2 tolerance options for below and above 35 MPH. If you set this it will display it as a single tolerance option.

IPC
720-10-01
xCxx xxxx xxxx

This will display it as a single option. The tolerance will flash the speed limit sign in the cluster if you are traveling that many miles or more above the posted speed limit.

Finally if you want an audible warning to going along with the tolerance setting this value will enable chimes.

IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx4x-xxxx

This will give an option to enable chimes in the speed warning section of the menu

Method 2 - No Ford Navigation system installed recommended for 6inch cluster screens.
Thanks to @nickn066 for pointing this out originally

This also applies to 4inch cluster screens.
This method enables Speed Sign Recognition which is a subset of TSR. It is a different menu and only applies to speed limit signs. If you have a 6 inch cluster and want the speed limit signs to be displayed as squares like in the 4inch cluster screen then use this method instead.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module there are 2 settings that will work

IPMA setting 1
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

IPMA setting 2
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLIF
SLIF = speed limit signs only

It is recommended to use setting 2 here since the SSR menu in the IPC cluster only operates in SLIF mode.

Next and finally we just need to enable the Speed Sign Recognition menu in the cluster. By default it is disabled.

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx-xxxx-8xxx

This enables the Speed Sign Recognition menu.

Method 3 - Ford Navigation system installed.
writeup to follow

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.

Any help with Method 3 yet?

crashdumie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
unknown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
okay, for Mav w/ Navigation, I did what was mentioned here. I got the traffic sign (square) to show up. shows Camera signs. I tried to get it to show the signs from GPS since the GPS shows the speed limit but only got it to show from the camera.
I also looked around in there and got the GPS to show turn by turn on the center screen. that is how it was on my Escape.
also, I found a feature in there for walk-away locking. I think I turned that on, but haven't checked yet. has anyone played around with that? so the care will auto-lock when you walk away with the key (Lariat keyless start)

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I found a feature in there for walk-away locking. I think I turned that on, but haven't checked yet. has anyone played around with that? so the care will auto-lock when you walk away with the key (Lariat keyless start)
Would be awesome if that works. Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored