First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I may be buying forescan would you be able to help me out with this?
I believe it is a free download, at least that is what I've been told. I haven't investigated further since, I don't own a Windows computer nor do I understand how you get the new coding into the Maverick's computer system.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe it is a free download, at least that is what I've been told. I haven't investigated further since, I don't own a Windows computer nor do I understand how you get the new coding into the Maverick's computer system.
Literally in the video of the first post of stickied how-to thread at the top of this subforum that I linked you. The only difference versus that video is I'd recommend one should pay the little more get an adapter like the Vgate vLinker ($35) or OBDLink EX ($60) that is capable of automatically switching between the high-speed (HS) and medium-speed (MS) canbus networks instead of having to manually flip a switch.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Literally in the video of the first post of stickied how-to thread at the top of this subforum that I linked you. The only difference versus that video is I'd recommend one should pay the little more get an adapter like the Vgate vLinker ($35) or OBDLink EX ($60) that is capable of automatically switching between the high-speed (HS) and medium-speed (MS) canbus networks instead of having to manually flip a switch.
Thank you! I'll check that out. Thanks again for reminding me.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Luxury Carbonized Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is possible that is should work on that trim. Even though it looks like the speed sensors are different from Escapes to Mavericks the functionality should be the same when enabled.

If you have a Lariat Lux, Forscan and a programming cable, pm me if you want to attempt this and I'll walk you through it best I can.
This has been tested and will work on all models that do not have a Ford Navigation system installed. It should work on models with a Ford Navigation system but will require different settings and may also require some APIM module changes to fully integrate the Navigation sign information into the display cluster.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

Tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

Method 1 - No Ford Navigation system installed
This applies to 4 inch and 6 inch clusters, this will show the traffic speed signs as round in the 6inch clusters.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

Next we need to activate it in the instrument cluster
IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx-xxxx

This activates the TSR menu

Next optionally is for the speed warning menu. If you leave it default you'll get 2 tolerance options for below and above 35 MPH. If you set this it will display it as a single tolerance option.

IPC
720-10-01
xCxx xxxx xxxx

This will display it as a single option. The tolerance will flash the speed limit sign in the cluster if you are traveling that many miles or more above the posted speed limit.

Finally if you want an audible warning to going along with the tolerance setting this value will enable chimes.

IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx4x-xxxx

This will give an option to enable chimes in the speed warning section of the menu

Method 2 - No Ford Navigation system installed recommended for 6inch cluster screens.
Thanks to @nickn066 for pointing this out originally

This also applies to 4inch cluster screens.
This method enables Speed Sign Recognition which is a subset of TSR. It is a different menu and only applies to speed limit signs. If you have a 6 inch cluster and want the speed limit signs to be displayed as squares like in the 4inch cluster screen then use this method instead.

First we need to enable TSR camera function in the Image Processing Module there are 2 settings that will work

IPMA setting 1
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLOIF
SLOIF = speed limit and overpass signs

IPMA setting 2
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx

This enables TSR in camera only mode and the sign mode being SLIF
SLIF = speed limit signs only

It is recommended to use setting 2 here since the SSR menu in the IPC cluster only operates in SLIF mode.

Next and finally we just need to enable the Speed Sign Recognition menu in the cluster. By default it is disabled.

IPC
720-09-01
xxxx-xxxx-8xxx

This enables the Speed Sign Recognition menu.

Method 3 - Ford Navigation system installed.
writeup to follow

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.
My question is that I followed method 2 - I have a Lariat Lux Ecoboost with CP360, after I put in the IPMA setting 2 as you outlined after I wrote it, a pop up on the dash screen said adaptive cruise braking disabled. Is that normal?

Sponsored

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat Luxury Carbonized Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@ItalianMaverickStallion

No, that is not normal.

May want to reset and try again. Recommend following MLowe or my post on p.17 of this thread.
Thanks. I have not done a reset just yet, but I have tested it out over 3 days and everything seems to be working great. It auto slows down and brakes when ACC is on, and all the TRC stuff is working. I will keep this in mind if I need to do a reset.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My question is that I followed method 2 - I have a Lariat Lux Ecoboost with CP360, after I put in the IPMA setting 2 as you outlined after I wrote it, a pop up on the dash screen said adaptive cruise braking disabled. Is that normal?
First did you use the D2 or D3 value?

Secondly you maybe inadvertently changed another value since the adaptive cruise control option in the IPMA module is not tied to that value in anyway. In easy mode it should tell you if it is disabled, cruise control or adaptive cruise control.

The best way to double check is to get a copy of your as built data from ford and compare it.

Go here and put your VIN in
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

That will give you the as built data as it was programmed out of the factory for your truck. I'd suggest copying that info into a document then compare the values for the IPMA module to see if anything else is different besides the changes you made.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First did you use the D2 or D3 value?

Secondly you maybe inadvertently changed another value since the adaptive cruise control option in the IPMA module is not tied to that value in anyway. In easy mode it should tell you if it is disabled, cruise control or adaptive cruise control.

The best way to double check is to get a copy of your as built data from ford and compare it.

Go here and put your VIN in
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

That will give you the as built data as it was programmed out of the factory for your truck. I'd suggest copying that info into a document then compare the values for the IPMA module to see if anything else is different besides the changes you made.
I downloaded the as built file for my Maverick, but none of my document readers can open it. What did you use to open and read this file? I've tried notepad, wordpad, MS word and Adobe document reader.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I downloaded the as built file for my Maverick, but none of my document readers can open it. What did you use to open and read this file? I've tried notepad, wordpad, MS word and Adobe document reader.
You don't need to download and open it. The entries under 'BCE Modules' is the value of every configured field on the truck. You need to reference the prefix for the module you want to change. So 706- are the IPMA values, for instance. FORScan can also try to download that to restore to as-built defaults.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In most cases the values will be printed out on the web page afterwards. Just copy and paste them into a text or document file. You can format it that to how you want afterwards.

Sponsored

bburchfield

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can confirm method 2 from the first page of this thread works on my Lariat Lux/AWD/FX4/CP360 -- with the exception that for the tolerance setting there is only 1 option (nothing about under/over 35mph), and the tolerance is limited to 5mph max.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can confirm method 2 from the first page of this thread works on my Lariat Lux/AWD/FX4/CP360 -- with the exception that for the tolerance setting there is only 1 option (nothing about under/over 35mph), and the tolerance is limited to 5mph max.
I just finished making those editsn, still sitting in truck.
I now have the ’Traffic Sign Recognition’ menu option. In that menu I have ‘Active speed warning’ checkbox and ‘Tolerance’. Under Tolerance I can go to 5mph max.

I thought it would say ‘Speed Sign Recognition’, but it does not. Will go for a test drive shortly.

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Back from test drive, works good!
The graphic flashes when over the set limit. I did not get any beeps. 5mph was not enough of a limit, since I go between 5 & 7 depending on speed limit, so I unchecked that.

I did just these two settings:

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx
(I had a C9 where the D3 went)

IPC 720-09-01 xxxx-xxxx-8xxx
(I had a 1 where the 8 went)

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Back from test drive, works good!
The graphic flashes when over the set limit. I did not get any beeps. 5mph was not enough of a limit, since I go between 5 & 7 depending on speed limit, so I unchecked that.

I did just these two settings:

IPMA 706-01-01 xxxx-xxD3-xxxxx
(I had a C9 where the D3 went)

IPC 720-09-01 xxxx-xxxx-8xxx
(I had a 1 where the 8 went)
Thanks for being one of the pioneers with this mod. Blazing a trail for the rest of us.

mordfaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This may have been addressed already, but this thread is quite long now... Someone earlier on mentioned that when enabling TSR on the 6" display, it would only show circular European style speed limit signs. I have just gone through the process of enabling on my Lariat EB, and I get standard US speed signs on the screen. Perhaps the Euro styles only come up if you specify the SLOIF IPMA code instead of the SLOF IPMA code. Just wanted to share what I saw in my experience setting this up with FORScan.

Thanks for the guide on enabling TSR! This has been a feature I've had on F150's and Escapes for a couple years now and really wanted on my Maverick.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad