First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Little single chime by default at least on the 4 inch cluster screens. There maybe other custom chime settings in the IPMA or IPC module for this but I never did dig any deeper.
Thank you for the write up of the whole thing btw. It was very helpful. This forum needs more people like you. Cheers
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks a lot fellas for all the valuable information about Forscan and the Maverick. Took my first foray into Forscan today and successfully enabled TSR, works like a charm!

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is anyone able to get the speed limit tolerance to anything over 5mph? If I try to set it to 7 or 10 it defaults back to 5.
I’m noticing the same thing.

If I set the tolerance higher than 5mph (let’s say 8mph) it just resets it to 5mph.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

zimzillakilla

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
This mod will work in the standard configuration for all trims with the only possible exception being Lariats w/ Sync 3 installed. An alternate configuration will then be needed which is untested so far.

Tools need

Forscan software and a programming cable

tutorial assumes you already know how to program using forscan.

First we need to enable the TSR menu in the instrument cluster. This has been tested on the 4.2inch cluster and is untested but should work on 6inch instrument clusters.

There are 2 possible settings depending if you have trailer sway control option in the vehicle assistance.

IPC
720-03-02
xxCx-xxxx

use this to change your existing setting if you have the trailer sway control as an option.
If not try different values in place of C until you get the TSR menu and no option for trailer sway control.

edit
apparently trailer sway control is a standard feature so that is the correct setting for all trims

edit this code is needed to enable the chime alert option which makes an audible noise when you drive above the posted speed limit or set threshold to trigger a warning.
IPC
720-04-01
xxxx-xx*x-xxxx
change * to 4 to enable the chime setting

untested yet
changing * to C should also work and open up other chime settings.

Next we need to enable the image processing module to scan speed signs.

This works in 2 distinct configurations.
1a. No Sync & no nav system - tested and confirmed working
1b. Sync & no nav system - will only apply to Lariats w/Lux. package - untested

2. Sync & nav system - semi confirmed see below

Configuration 1 which most every Maverick owner will use only scans speed limit signs with the front facing camera.

Configuration 2 supplements the camera with posted speed limits from the nav system maps. This requires a different hex code than Config 1 and may also require modifications to the APIM module to fully work. This needs to be tested still.

Config 1 without Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxD2-xxxxx

This enables the speed sign scanning processing in the image processing module

Config 2 with Navigation system
IPMA
706-01-01
xxxx-xxDB-xxxxx
This will enable the system to also use the Nav system for posted speeds.
Note if you use this on a non Sync system you get a reduced performance error message and it won't scan signs at all.

That is it and if you did everything correctly TSR which is undocumented on the Maverick thus far will be enabled and working correctly in the instrument cluster with no conflicts with other safety features.

There should also be added functionality to display the speed signs on the head units but that is not known if it will at this point and requires further testing.
I try to imput the xxxx codes and receive checksum error messages when trying to write all. What could I be doing wrong? I'm inside the asbuilt tabs.

OP
OP

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I try to imput the xxxx codes and receive checksum error messages when trying to write all. What could I be doing wrong? I'm inside the asbuilt tabs.
You would have to post the codes and register address to figure out what is wrong if anything.

Sponsored

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I'm having a bit of trouble getting the menu options to show up in my cluster. I have an XL and previously had the TSR working perfectly. Just upgraded to bronco sport gauges and now I can't get any of it to work. All options have been changed in forscan and the settings are writing to the modules just fine. Any advice?
Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) PXL_20220722_191010161

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hopefully someone figures out how to get the correct speed limit signs on the 6" screen. I don't even want the feature with the round signs.

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Hopefully someone figures out how to get the correct speed limit signs on the 6" screen. I don't even want the feature with the round signs.
I would even take the round signs at this point, I thought the bronco sport gauges would work the same as the higher trim Maverick ones.

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Since it's a Bronco Sport IPC you might need to try the as-built TSR codes for that model.
Is that something I'd be able to get without the VIN that the cluster came from? I'm also not sure if the bronco sport it came from even had TSR

Sponsored

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I did it. (I mean... I didn't figure it out... I'll give that credit to the guy below...but I did get it to work on my 6" screen.)
Start here:
https://www.fordescape.org/threads/how-to-enable-intellegent-adaptive-cruise.118052/

If you get stuck, let me know and I'll walk you through it.
1658525865483.png
I appreciate the help! Trying to program it now, all of the codes were entered into the modules already, except for the APIM, it's not even showing up when I scan the truck using my OBDLink MX+. I'm wondering if it's my test version of forscan?

Dallas Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I appreciate the help! Trying to program it now, all of the codes were entered into the modules already, except for the APIM, it's not even showing up when I scan the truck using my OBDLink MX+. I'm wondering if it's my test version of forscan?
I'm on release 2.3.47 with a wired scan tool and a windows tablet.
You don't see the APIM module at all? It's on the HSCAN Bus.

Other HSCAN bus modules include:
BdyCM
BECMB
BCM_C
BECM
SOBDMC

If you don't see any of those, your scan tool might not be picking up all of the buses.

Here's a complete list. Are there other ones you're missing too?
Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) 1658528175178

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I just scanned the truck with
I'm on release 2.3.47 with a wired scan tool and a windows tablet.
You don't see the APIM module at all? It's on the HSCAN Bus.

Other HSCAN bus modules include:
BdyCM
BECMB
BCM_C
BECM
SOBDMC

If you don't see any of those, your scan tool might not be picking up all of the buses.

Here's a complete list. Are there other ones you're missing too?
1658528175178.png
I just pulled up forscan lite on my phone just to see if it would read more modules, still showing the same with my MX+

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Screenshot_20220722-151420

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Screenshot_20220722-151952

Ford Maverick Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) FORScan mod (confirmed working) Screenshot_20220722-152002

Organicrobot

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I don't remember needing to adjust the APIM for this truck, as I don't have Sync so it likely doesn't have the module anyway. The TSR should still work without needing to adjust the APIM as it did with the stock gauge cluster.
Sponsored